“Ok food but service was awful - 3 hour dinner!”
Review of Simon's Steak & Seafood - CLOSED

Simon's Steak & Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I recently had dinner at Simon's with a group. There was another group there at the same time, but the rest of the restaurant was pretty much empty. I thought it odd that the restaurant would take two groups with the same reservation time when I saw the other group there, but assumed the restaurant must know what they are doing.

First the waitress came around and took drink orders. It took 30 minutes to finally get our drinks, but they didn't have enough clean wine glasses to accommodate the group at first so several people had to wait longer for the dishwasher to finish. We had pre-set a limited menu, but the restaurant did not have limited menus printed. So it took another 20 minutes to take everyone's order as the waitress had to repeat and describe each option to every other person around the tables. At one point a man came to help her with orders, but he was extremely impersonal and seemed clueless about how to wait tables.

As we waited for our food, there were many additional drink orders. A number of people's drink requests were simply forgotten. As fresh wine glasses were brought out, they were much too hot for wine to be poured. They clearly don't have enough glasses in stock.

Salads came out in a reasonable amount of time, but then the wait began for entrees. We waited. And waited. And waited some more. We had been there for nearly 2 hours by the time the first entrees started to arrive at the table. However, approximately 5 people did not receive their entrees with the rest. About 15 minutes later, after everyone else was done eating, 4 out of the 5 missing entrees arrived, but no fifth entree. The worst part--it was the VIP's entree who was left off. Five minutes passed so I got up to ask about the status. I was told it was being cooked and should be about 5 more minutes. Five more minutes???? Did they somehow miscount when they went to put the pieces of chicken on the grill??? Ten minutes later, his dinner finally arrived.

From that point, our servers seemed to completely disappear. No drink refills. No plate clearing.

Finally, at 2 hours and 45 minutes into this nightmare of a meal, the waitress appeared with the bill. Although somewhat reluctant to ask, I told her that some people might want dessert and coffee. She brought back two desserts menus that everyone had to share, and took a few orders. The wait for desserts was the fastest part of the service--by far.

Total dining time = 3 hours. My food was pretty bad, but others said their food was OK. I will NEVER eat at this restaurant again.

1  Thank MeetingPlanner_01

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Beef....obviously high quality, tender, and perfectly prepared...That's what I got here. The apps, the salads, the sides, all were average, but my beef tenderloin was the best I have had in years. You could cut them with a spoon. Our table of 10 received friendly and timely service. I would absolutely go there again,

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

The food was very good but it was outweighed by the extremely slow and forgetful service. It took an hour after sitting down to even order our dinner. I had to ask the waitress several times for water and eventually had to go get water from the bar in order to have something to drink. The table behind us ended up getting their food to go because it was taking so long. It took almost three hours from the time we sat down to the time the bill was paid.

Bottom line: only go if you've got time to kill

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Yesterday was the second time for dinner as Simon's Steak and Seafoods near the airport in Atlanta. First time I had blacked talipia, it was excellent. Last night I had their shrimp pasta. It was cooked to perfection. They also have great cake. We were a large party of 11 and they had no problem seating us together. When I come to Alanta again Simon's will be at the top of my list.

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Steaks were cooked perfectly, wonderful flavor at a decent price. I would say tue best bought at the restaurant steak I've had, even better than Ruth's. We were there with a large party and the waitress did a fair job but average. I would recommend the steaks but the ribs were good as well for those non-steak fans. Quiet atmosphere, small restaurant, kids menu had a good mix and overall good place to eat.