“Delicious food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Pecan

The Pecan
Ranked #7 of 75 Restaurants in College Park
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Marta stops in College Park, and restaurant is only 5 minutes walking distance.
Powder Springs, Georgia
“Delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I went with a large group (20) to this restaurant in downtown College Park and was quite impressed. Food was excellent; service was outstanding (particularly for such a large crowd). Couples who were there seemed to be having a lovely time.

I had lambchops, and they were well cooked. Food was presented simply (mashed potatoes [REAL] as a bed on which were perched the nicely cooked green beans and four little lamb-cicles. Delicious. Generous servings, but not over the top.

• Visited June 2013

Santa Monica, California
“Southern Comfort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled on this place almost by accident looking for a brunch spot on Yelp. It's an inconspicuous storefront in a transitional neighborhood. Can't say enough about how great our experience was here. Absolutely delicious food, from the fluffy perfect biscuits straight out of the oven, to the sweet potato pie that jumps off the plate into your mouth. Comfort food at its best, but sophisticated as well. Live music, owner takes a personal interest in the customers, a warm friendly dining room. Our delightful waiter Jonathan said "I defy you to find anything on our menu that you don't like the taste of" -- and I agree.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ray D
newnan
“Expensive but worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visit The Pecan a couple of times a year--for special events. This year we celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary there. We went all out and ordered the ribeye steak with lobster special. The steak was HUGE and fabulous! Saved half for lunch the next day. The peach ice tea is deservedly famous. Fantastic! The shrimp appetizer with marmalade remoulade is terrific. For dessert, get the peach cobbler. It is the best you will ever taste! This is a fantastic food destination well deserving of its stellar reputation, and well worth every penny!

Visited March 2013
Cordele, Georgia
“Don't miss it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were in College Park staying at Hotel Indigo prior to a flight. I'd Googled restaurants and Pecan had very mixed reviews. Wanting to eat something other than the usual, we gave Pecan a try. What a good decision. Within 15 minutes on a busy night they gave us a table. All the staff were friendly, courteous, efficient, and professional. The appetizer special we had, seafood baggages, were amazing. The citrus sauce was perfect for the dish. My husband's crab cakes were huge and comprised of perfectly spiced lump crab meat. My portabello Neapolitan was delicious . . . and beautifully presented. What a wonderful small town gem of a restaurant!

• Visited May 2013
Parish, NY
“Cute building, mediocre food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

It was a cute looking local restaurant so I decided to try it but I was disapointed in my meal. I ordered the crab cakes with mashed potatoes and string green beans... The potatoes tasted like they were made of boxed potato flakes and the green beans seemed like they were frozen versus fresh. The crab cakes were large and tasty but overall I don't think it was that great for the cost. The best part of my meal was the little pecan corn muffins. My waiter was friendly but seemed very busy. My glass of tea was empty too long...

• Visited April 2013