“Very Urban Decor”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Transit: Located on Main street across from the College Park Marta station.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

What an interesting restaurant to take your friends. Historic artifacts with urban decor. Close to railroad tracks which makes it even more interesting. ATL is very close by. So close planes fly directly over head at low altitudes.
The menu is quite different and what we had, fried chicken, coca cola bake beans were outstanding. The iceberg salad with dried tomatoes in the dressing was fantastic.
I would definitely go back there next time I am in the Atlanta area.

1  Thank Sylvia E

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The chic renovated building now restsirant offers somewhat interesting "green" items.

One time visitor and likely not to return

1  Thank Breathdoc
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Feed Store is in a restored old brick building on Main St. in College Park. The interior is fun and comfortable with most elements of the old feed store preserved and visible. Fun! Banquettes are very comfortable and I highly recommend them. Although the rest of the downtown area is a bit sketchy, there is another upscale restaurant and a new BBQ place. I personally enjoy being directly under the flight path to Atlanta airport so you can almost reach up and touch the planes as they land! The food is terrific. Some appetizers: We love the pepper poppers which are gourmet and unlike any poppers you ever ate. Fabulous! The calamari is tender and crispy with a sweet/hot lemony sauce and a huge serving--delish! The salads are all excellent. The scallops were very good, though a tad undercooked; but the cauliflower risotto that came with them was the STAR of the dish! A revelation! You must not miss it-- it will make you swoon! The trout was fantastic. Don't bother with dessert---order an extra appetizer or salad instead. You won't be disappointed! But, the coffee is fabulous--add cream and sugar and it's as satisfying a dessert as you could want! All-in-all, it is a fun, funky, and fabulous food destination.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Walked here for lunch from a nearby airport hotel. Food was great, atmosphere is very cool - they take great advantage of the history of the building as a former feed store. Service was attentive, friendly and prompt.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Feed Store is located in an old feed store on Main Street across the street from the MARTA rail station in historic old downtown College Park. I had a reservation for 5:30 (dining alone) but when I arrived at 5:10 (business meeting let out earlier than expected), they told me they were not open yet and to wait in hte bar. The sign on the door said they were open from 5:00 - 10:00 for dinner.

The service in hte bar was excellent and very attentive; of course, I was the only patron sitting in hte bar as everyone who arrived after me was seated at a table, so I suspect it had more to do with me being alone (even though my reservation was for one) than whether they were open for business.

I had a drink and ordered the Piquante Poppers as an appetizer. These were probably the best part of the meal. I had the Gulf Shrinmp and Grits for my entree and they were alright, but not the best I had during my week in Atlanta.

All in all, the meal was okay, but for the price, I found several better choices even in hte local area near the airport.