“Returning Guest from Texas”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 24, 2013

In my many trips to Atlanta, I have stayed at this hotel several times. I have not been disappointed at any time. The amenities are good. The staff is helpful and the facility is always maintained. The group that I traveled with this time absolutely loved the cook-to-order breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
DeShawn C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Good Afternoon Brian,

Thanks for being a repeat guest at the Hilton Garden Inn Millennium Center. We appreciate being your travel hotel of choice and will continue to strive to not disappoint you. We are committed to providing our guest with clean, comfortable, well-maintained rooms with a good cook to order breakfast that will make you want to return.

On your next visit please ask for me, I am always excited to meet my regular guest.

Thank you for your business!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The staff was wonderful, the room were great, clean and quite, I forgot my bathing suit but will be sure I bring it next time as the pool look great, the staff was so very helpful in making sure I was taken care of, made me feel like family.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Hello Ann,

It is always a wonderful feeling when guest refer to us as family. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean and quite rooms with a friendly and helpful staff. I am looking forward to you staying with us again and enjoying another one of our fabulous amenities; our pool.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn is located right near ATL. That's a very good thing but don't expect the same feel as other HGIs if you're a business traveler. This hotel is not filled with other business travelers. Lots of tourists, etc. due to the location.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Naima T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Good Evening Christopher G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and I am glad that you found the location a good thing. Our hotel is both for business travelers as well as leisure travelers. We seem to find our business travelers frequent us Sunday thru Friday and our leisure travelers Friday thru Sunday. Although, sometimes there maybe some mix depending on people's travel plans. I am not sure what day you were a guest but also during the week when most of our clientele are business traveler's we offer a Managers Reception on Tuesday and Wednesday from 5:30pm to 6:30pm. I hope that if your travel plans bring you back to the area you will make the Hilton Garden Inn Millenium Center your hotel of chose and come relax in our lobby with a drink and snacks.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

The shuttle to and from the airport is slow....or sometimes non-existent! Don't hesitate to ask any shuttle in Zone one if they can drop you at your hotel. You will get faster and better service by doing so. And service in the dining room and bar is also slow/poor. Plan LOTS of extra time for these. Service at the front desk was excellent.

Good Evening Cathy B

I am so sorry that you experienced less than "GREAT" service in the areas of the dining room/bar and shuttle service.
Our shuttle leaves the airport every :25 and :55 of the hour so I do apologize that we were not able to accommodate you.
I will surely follow up with our Food and Beverage Department to allow them to use your comments as a learning opportunity to better service our guests.

We provide ourselves in making memorable moments for all our guests and I am sorry that we did not afford you the same opportunity. If your travels bring you to the area again, please give me a call directly so that I can make sure arrangements.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Service in the restaurant was spotty, and the minimal hours seemed poorly suited for the isolated location of the hotel (no nearby alternatives). The spacious room was comfortable and quiet despite the property's proximity to the airport. A city bus stop nearby added convenience.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Naima T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Good Evening Curt B

I am sorry to hear that your experience in our restaurant did not exceed your level of expectations. I have forwarded your comments to your Food & Beverage Manager so that this situation can be addressed.

We also offer a $5 round trip shuttle service to Camp Creek Marketplace, where you may find other dining and shopping experiences. This is a great added bonus for our guests that are looking for longer hours and more variety of restaurants. The next time your travels brings you to the area, please contact me directly and I will be more than happy to make your arrangements.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed for a week at this hotel and by the second day was being called/greeted by my name every time I entered the hotel. A very attentive staff and clean hotel ...will use this hotel on my next trip to Atlanta

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
DeShawn C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Hello Rebecca,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for a week. WOW!! We know you had a choice and you choose to stay with us; we do not take that lightly. My team knows that building relationships, smiling and simply remembering our guest names equals happy guest that will want to stay with us again.

Thank you for noticing and writing such a nice review.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was at the hotel 3 days for a leadership meeting and I'd be glad to stay there again.

Pros: Clean room, comfortable bed, free wifi. Nice desk to work at and a surprisingly comfortable chair to relax in. It was nice having both a small refrigerator and a microwave in the room. The shower was terrific. The meeting rooms were very nice too. These are all the things I want in a hotel, and that's why I'd return. The staff is friendly enough. Oh - and there is a 24 hour business center with a couple computers and printers. Nice for printing boarding passes--free.

I also appreciated the free shuttle service, and it runs every 30 minutes - although it's not really that regular so give yourself a bit more time.

Cons as FYI: When I made my reservation I asked for no down bedding. I called the day I was coming to remind them because I was coming in late and didn't want the hassle when I got there. When I got to my room there were down pillows. Argh. They took care of it, but why did I bother to call?

The food was just ok--I'd advise eating elsewhere because there are many fine restaurants in town, The meals for our group were decent actually, but just regular hotel conference fare. I was disappointed in the $12.95 breakfast buffet. The omelet was OK (freshly made?), but all the pastry/bread items were what you'd get with a "free" breakfast elsewhere. The scrambled eggs were reconstituted powder (I'm guessing) and the potatoes the small previously frozen dried out when baked kind. Why oh why? And the fruit was canned peaches. Yes really.

And finally, at least on our floor, each night there was LOTS of noise. Late at night, like 1:00. I'm sure there were many complaints about it, but the noise continued. I'm pretty sure it was a large group of boys who were there with apparently not enough adults. They ran down the halls and punched all the buttons on the elevator, (haha) laughed loud, etc. Not exactly the hotel's fault but annoying nonetheless.

Mixed: coffee pot was broken and I told the front desk staff who made a note of it but didn't get right on it. Nothing happened until later when I asked a housekeeper and she took care of it right away. (The coffee is ok, and I appreciated having a real mug to drink from.)

I believe I was overcharged on the bill but didn't look at it while there. I will need to see how it turns out when I contact them.

Hello Choirbebe,

Thank you for writing a detailed review of your stay here. It is always nice hearing the "pro's" but I also like hearing the "con's" ; so we can learn and grow into the best service hotel we can be.

I apologize for our breakfast buffet not meeting or exceeding your expectations and have given your feedback to our chef.

We have since put procedures in place to ensure no matter which team member you ask, can assist you right away with follow-up and completion.

Please reach out to me personally, so I can take care of your bill.

Again, I apologize for your experience here with the loud noise, lack of follow-thru with your request prior to arrival and during your stay.

I was thankful to see that you will give us another try to earn your business. I am pleased that you found our rooms clean and comfortable and convenient amenities.

We look forward to you staying with us again whether on business or pleasure.

Look forward to hearing from you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#5 of 26 in College Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center? Share your experiences!