“Very Nice, but in a sketchy area”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed her for business 3 nights. Nice rooms, clean, quiet. The staff is friendly and helpful. The bar/restaurant is generally dead, but Robin (bartender) is awesome! Drinks are a little pricey, and food is VERY good. It is in a very sketchy area so be careful if you choose to walk anywhere (not anything around hotel to really walk to other than a restaurant called Joe's) and don't go alone!

Room Tip: This was a very quiet hotel. Nothing to complain about other than the sketchy location.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
DeShawn C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Ms. Okie,

Your comments regarding Robin our bartender was AWESOME! We are so glad that your 3 day stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Millennium Center was a great one.

We do provide shuttle service to the restaurants on Sullivan Road and the host of restaurants at Camp Creek market place, hopefully you will experience our shuttle service the next time you are at our hotel; but I think Robin will miss serving you in our American Grill and Bar :).

Ms. Okie we love when our guest acknowledges one of our team members and have nothing to complain about, that validates that we are achieving our goal of always going out of our way to please our guest.

Thanks,

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We ended booking this gorgeous hotel on hotelstonight.com. We were able to reserve a room for a good price. Driving up to the hotel we could see that it was going to be a beautiful place to stay. The lobby was very spacious and well decorated (including a fireplace). We had a room on the sixth floor that was what we would expect from a Hilton--very nice. The rooms were very quiet considering we were near the airport. The beds were very comfortable. Nice amenities in the bathroom. We also appreciated the mini fridge and microwave in our room. (There was also an ironing board/iron and a safe in the room.)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Good Afternoon,

We consistently strive to live up to our slogan, “Everything right where you need it”, here at the Hilton Garden Inn Millennium Center. I know people are somewhat hesitant when booking a hotel online at a good price that they never stayed at before. So I am pleased that we were able to pleasantly surprise you but offering the variety of amenities and providing you with a clean, comfortable room.

Thank you for allowing us to serve you at our beautiful hotel. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

It is a hotel at an airport, what do you expect, right? The staff was one of the best parts. Very nice and caring. I was surprised as the rooms were very nice. Bear in mind that it is near the airport and the planes fly overhead. I had an early flight so planes did not wake me – it was a little noisy after 10 pm but not that big of deal. The food is outstanding. I had breakfasts, lunches, and a dinner and they were excellent. A seafood chowder was really tops with shrimp and scallops. The place is less than 15 minutes from the airport and the shuttle runs every half hour on the :15 and :45.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Hello,

That is exciting to hear you were able to enjoy all three meal periods at the Hilton Garden Inn Millennium Center. I share all comments with my team and they were overjoyed when I read your comment about the staff being the best part. We are glad that we were able to deliver more than what you expected with our convenience to the airport, very nice and caring staff and our outstanding food.

Thank you for such positive comments.

Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

This is a relatively new hotel near the airport. I was pleasantly surprised with how clean and well-manicured the hotel was. There are two issues that you need to be aware of: 1. If you want a very quiet stay, this may not be the place for you because you will hear the airplanes taking off from Hartsfield-Jackson. It is not incredibly noisy, but you will hear the planes. 2. If you are eating breakfast at the hotel, make sure you get there at least an hour before it closes because the selections get slim and the staff starts to put away the food about 15 minutes before the breakfast actually closes. This was most abundantly the case on the Sunday in which I stayed at the hotel.

Overall, a pleasant stay and the front desk staff was helpful. It would be helpful if the housekeeping staff had a better command of English. My wife told the housekeeper not to come in and she kept trying to enter the room anyways. After she finally understood what was being said she left.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Civicman94
DeShawn C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Good Morning "Civicman94"

Thank you for noticing the continued upkeep of our hotel; it takes the work of the entire staff and I am happy that it is paying off. I am sorry to hear that the noice of the planes did not afford you a quiet stay here; it always amazes me how close we are to the airport and I can see how low the planes come flying across our hotel almost like I can see the passengers on the planes. I am going to use your comment of the breakfast as a training/coaching tool because we are not to pull any food until breakfast is over. I thank you for sharing your comments about the breakfast and the housekeeping staff and will definitely pass this on to the department heads because if we don't know we have issues we can not fix it and reach the goal of being the best.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband recently had a business conference at this hotel and I tagged along. The first night we were suposed to stay there they were overbooked and we were sent to the Holiday Inn, (which was not a pleasant stay, but that is another review). The next morning we found out we were coming back to the hilton for that night. While my husband had meetings all day I had no room available til the afternoon and was stuck sitting in the Lobby. Then, Bridgett Johnson from the desk saved the day. She presented me with a ticket for free breakfast that morning and promised to have me in a room asap. By 10am Ms. Johnson had me in a room! While I was sitting in the lobby that morning I was so impressed with the staff at this hotel. Not one person walked through the lobby that was not greeted with a smile and a "good morning" from one of the staff. Whatever we needed or wanted they went out of their way to do for us. Before we left Ms. Johnson hugged us both and thanked us for staying with them. Such a delightful person, she made our trip and we thank God for placing her in our trip. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Atlanta area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank byhisgracepottery

Hello "byhisgracepottery"

Bridgett is definitely a delight at the front desk...
I am sorry that your first night was not an enjoyable stay but I am happy that we were able to turn your stay around. We give our staff the empowerment to make decisions that will make our guests happy so it warms my heart to know that Bridgett did just that for you. Hearing "good morning" is great hospitality but hearing "good morning" with a smile surely is a pleasant feeling and we want to make sure that all of our guests walk away with this feeling. I know you have a busy life, but I just want to say Thank You for taking the time out of your busy life to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am going to print our your review and give it to Bridgett so that she knows how she turned your trip around.

Here at the Hilton Garden Inn we pride ourselves on providing our guest with "memorable" experiences; so I am so glad we succeed with you and your husband.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Chances are if you are staying here you have an early flight out of Atlanta. The staff is friendly, the room was clean, the hotel looks to be in good shape. I would not venture off sight to go walking or jogging unless you really know the area however. There are a few resturants within the airport area, but their restaurant was just fine. The only glitch is tht they are supposed to give Diamond members a free breakfast, which they did not offer, but I had to leave really early fo the airport, so not important.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bobbymcsnoddy
Naima T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Good Day bobbymcsnoddy,

Thank you for being a loyal member to the Hilton brand. I can see by you being a Diamond member you frequent the brand quite often and I am very sorry that you did not receive your breakfast coupon but without having more information, I do not know if in your profile you selected to have the 750 bonus points or breakfast but if you would contact me directly at the hotel, I would be more than happy to assist you in getting your bonus points since you did not receive the breakfast voucher while here. Our staff likes to make all guests feel that this is their home away from home and I am happy that you found our staff to be friendly.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Excellent stay the room was very clean. Easy access to the interstate. The best part of the visit was the staff. The front desk staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. Everyone that worked there asked how I was enjoying my stay and I was even asked how I slept when I checked out the next morning. The fountain out front was a very nice feature and the hotel was very well kept. There was always someone cleaning in the hallways or rooms.I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that is staying in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank yolanda h

Good Day "yolanda h"

It warms my heart to hear comments about the friendliness of my staff. I believe that I have an awesome staff from the front desk, restaurant servers to housekeeping. It is my belief that if you ask someone how they are doing or how they are enjoying their stay while they are here, you have the opportunity to fix any issues and a chance to "WOW" the guests. When I first started working at the hotel, the fountain was definitely a huge "wow" factor for me as well; we get so many guests that will go out there and take pictures or during the summer months, they will go out to the fountain and sit and relax. We also have a smaller fountain on the other side of the pool in the courtyard, where, during the summer months, a lot of guests sit out there and some may even have dinner or lunch. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will choose our hotel again and get the opportunity to visit the second fountain.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#5 of 26 in College Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport South

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center? Share your experiences!