“Nice place to stay for a morning flight out.”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Flew in for a family event 2 hours out of Atlanta. On a Friday. Atlanta's a great city, but driving out of the city on a Friday afternoon, we realized that we'd be making the drive back in for a 10 am flight out on a Monday. Oh, HECK no! Got a great rate on a room at the last minute, and drove back in with our rental car on Sunday evening.
Check in was quick and friendly. I explained our situation and the staff was extremely helpful in advising what was the most effective way to get our rental car back and us to the airport the next day in time for our flight. The restaurant food was quite good and the service was attentive.
The room was very comfortable, excellent WiFi, and decent channels on the TV. In room fridge and microwave.I thought everything was very clean.
My one caution isn't with the hotel, but the shuttles run every half hour on the 15/45s. If you're planning an early exit, keep in mind you'll have a rush of business travelers on your way out. While the staff is pleasant and friendly, these folks are not. They have no issue with bullying their way in front of you. However, the hotel staff made every effort to get everyone to the airport for their flights.
Overall, an excellent stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank JefferAlbuquerqueNM
DeShawn C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Good Day JefferAlbuquerqueNM,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel on TripAdvisor. Yes, Atlanta traffic on a Friday is certainly a "bear" and I am so glad that you decided to stay in the city and relax in our hotel before returning home. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn we pride ourselves on providing our guest with "memorable" experiences; so I am so glad we succeeded with you. Thank you for the kind words about the shuttle staff and I am sorry that our business traveler's were bullies but glad that you made it to the airport to catch your flight.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The shuttle drivers are jokes. One was trying to take business from other hotel shuttles by claiming their shuttles had stopped running. I loved how the potential customers ignored him. He was trying hard to get business from customers he must have thought fit the Millenium image but those type of people wanted nothing to do with HIM! LOL. He ignored me until after they were all gone.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank CopacabanaGrill
Naima T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're very sorry your experienced an undesirable level of customer service with us and our shuttle service. The problems that you mentioned with our shuttle drivers have been addressed. I appreciate you alerting me to this issue and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Very, comfortable, clean hotel. Friendly staff - convenient to airport, efficient shuttle.
Unfortunately during our stay there was a Halloween party. After the party, the guests were walking/running through the hallways and congregating in the hallways, etc. until 4 a.m. There was even one person that was banging on our door at 4 a.m.; after she wouldn't leave, my husband answered the door and she apologized. The noise kept us, and our 1 1/2 year old up for over 4 hours. I certainly wish their security/staff would have stepped up their efforts to get people into their rooms, especially at an event like that where you know there will be some rowdiness after. The next morning the front desk asked about our stay, I said I wish I had more sleep and explained the situation. She just offered a simple apology. I wasn't looking for a comp'd room (although I paid for a night's sleep a didn't get it) but a cup of coffee at minimum would have been nice to make up for their inability to manage their hotel at night.
Again, very nice and clean hotel and I'd recommend it for that reason - just maybe check to see if there is a big group during your stay :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including items of opportunity. I understand that the noise was an issue during your stay; while we do have security and overnight managers available during high traffic periods we certainly do encourage for guests comfort and safety that they contact the front office so we can calm the issue. I apologize that your comfort was interrupted by other guests and I have shared your review with our security team and sales department to ensure that this is not a situation in the future. I do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

A little late with my review, but still an important review. We stayed at this hotel for 4 days over the Labor Day weekend while attending sporting events in Atlanta. This was the second time we staryed at this hotel, and just as the first the service was great, the room was quiet and every staff member treated as family. We ate the breakfast buffet twice and the food was great.. we hope to return to Atlanta again in the future and if so we will stay at this hotel for sure.....thanks again for the great service, and the great property.

Room Tip: Room 429 at the end of the hall is great
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

PROS:

Close to the airport, but not too close. Airport noise will not keep you awake.

Clean room; a little worn, but very clean.

Extremely helpful staff. Polite, respectful and 'spot on' with any extra help you need.

Great cook for the morning breakfast. Surprisingly good food.

Extra large lobby with some quiet areas where you can go and sit, use wi-fi, etc., if you don't feel like working in your room.

Free shuttle; ten minutes from the airport.

CONS:

Nothing else nearby. Only two restaurants if you don't have a car. Shuttle will take you there. Semi-isolated.

If you want a quick in and out for an early flight or a very late ATL arrival, this is a great place. If you need to get around the ATL and spend more than one night, this is *not* the place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelMommy1
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I chose this hotel for my out-of-town guests for my wedding. It's extremely close to the airport and especially close to Atlanta's car rental center. It has a Mediterranean feel and the rooms are nice. If you want to be close to the airport, but not in the airport complex, then it is especially nice. It is a lot nicer than the Sheraton down the street.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank nedradc
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I booked my hotel stay with a third party service. When we arrived at the hotel to check in, the front desk rep explained that we had a king room. I kindly requested a double bed room and promptly she fulfilled the request. The closet doors was broken and right away the front desk sent someone and fixed it. The hotel can use a few updated here and there, such as the bathroom walls and elevator tile floor with a crack on it, but the hotel is clean and a good value. Location is about 12 miles away from downtown ATL and near the airport. No continental breakfast. No In all, good value, clean room, and friendly customer service.

Room Tip: Any room is good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#5 of 26 in College Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center? Share your experiences!