“Good Property Near Airport But The Ants Are Still There”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I read the management response to the ant infestation stating they are gone as of the week of July 18th. Not correct. I stayed on July 26th on the 6th floor. I noticed a few stray ants roaming around and didn't think anything of it. I drank a soda out of a cup and left the empty cup on my night stand and a few hours later the ants found it and mobilized a brigade.

That aside, I had a good stay at this property. Good check in experience (it was around 2pm so not crowded) and overall every interaction with a hotel employee was good. Every HGI person I passed by greeted me. Room was in pretty good condition. The tub was recently re-calked and looked good, the decor was fairly up to date and in good condition. The window area was clean and free of dust - all signs of good attention to detail by the house keeping staff.

Common areas of the property were attractive and well maintained. Breakfast was good with three kinds of fresh fruit and cooked to order eggs along with the usual baked goods, cereal, etc. I used the hotel supplied cat 5 cable for internet and it worked well and was fast enough for me to pull files off of a network server.

All things considered this property meets the high expectations for a HGI, but if you think you got rid of the ants think again. I would have rated the propoerty a 4 out of 5 but did not feel I could do that given the insect infestation. I spend 40 - 50 nights in hotels per year and have not had this happen.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dave c
cpgm62, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Good Morning dave c,

Thank you for the candid and detailed review of my Garden Inn. We have had two separate Pest control companies re-inspect the hotel and grounds on July 26th as well as the 27th. There are no further signs of any ants on property. I have also walked the 6th floor myself since your review came through this week and feel confident the issue is behind us.

The treatment is guaranteed for six months and we will continue to monitor and do whatever is necessary to control ants or pests of any type.

I sincerely appreciate the feedback and thank you again for the kind remarks on our service, hospitality, maintenance, cleanliness and overall hotel quality.

Please feel free to contact me personally if you would like to discuss futher.

Respectfully,

greg.lindner@hilton.com

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I came to the hotel for a family reunion and upon arriving I loved the hotel it's nice on the outside as well as inside. Checking in went pretty smooth and the lady at the front desk was nice. The room I had was big however the closet door was broken, the toilet wouldn't flush, the outlets on the lamp were broken, and there were ANTS IN MY BED and around the closet. Disgusting. And when I called down to the help desk they just said ok as if they already knew about the issues and didn't care. My parents had to be moved twice! Once because of the ants another time at 3am because the AC began to make a loud noise. The breakfast is not worth the money but the food did its purpose I wasn't hungry any longer.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Kdefour
cpgm62, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Hello Kdefour,

Thank you for the candid review of my Garden Inn. I can assure you the ant problem has been addressed and effectively eliminated last week( July 18th,) with a comprehensive treatment of the surrounding grounds at the hotel.

I apologize for the less than great experience you had at my hotel. I would be more than happy to make this right for you if you would be kind enough to contact me directly here in Atlanta.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Nice hotel. If busy, be prepared for a significant amount of congestion when pulling up to the front. The way the hotel is designed, you can't really park and walk to the front desk with your luggage as most of the parking is at the rear of the hotel. I was traveling with two small children alone, so this was a bit inconvenient. Hotel room was clean and updated. Indoor pool area was nice and heated. Parking is $5 a day for those leaving their car after checkout, which I was for a few days. They should disclose on their website instead of saying onsite complementary parking. Also, breakfast is $12 a person, which is ridiculous for a continental breakfast, so we passed and ate at the airport. The one very disturbing thing that happened was when we were in the lobby waiting for the 6:45 shuttle at about 6:20. When the shuttle pulls up, 10 or 12 Delta employees swarm around me and jump on the shuttle. Mind you, I'm the first to arrive for the shuttle. I couldn't believe how incredibly rude the Delta employees were and the fact that the shuttle driver did nothing-told me another shuttle would be by shortly and left me at the curb with a stroller, two suitcases, my one-month old baby and my five year old. The front desk clerk did come out and apologize, but I was pretty upset. The next driver was very personable and helpful, but I just could not believe this happened and shame on the shuttle driver and those Delta employees who stayed here July 12, 2012-they knew what they had done was wrong because they wouldn't even make eye contact!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Amber D

Good Day Amber D,

Thank you for staying at my Garden Inn earlier this month. I am happy to hear you were pleased with our hotel guest room as well as the indoor heated pool and jacuzzi.

I apologize you found the arrival experience parking inadequate. The hotel is built on a site that will eventually house three hotels in the future so parking was planned in the rear of the building. On future visits you are welcome to park on the circle around our fountain for unloading and registration. Parking is complimentary during your stay and additional parking for up to 10 days is $5.00 per day and includes transportation to and from the airport.

Although our breakfast is $11.95 per day it is a full cook to order restaurant with made from scratch eggs, pancakes, waffles along with a full compliment of hot and cold buffet items. All children under twelve eat free as well.

I am sorry the airline crew members made it difficult to board the shuttle. We can put a second shuttle in service anytime something like this transpires.

Please let me know when you are returning to the area and I would be happy to assist with your reservation personally.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I am so very upset with the way Hilton handled my reservation. I was coming in for a technology seminar and arrived at 11:30 pm and was told that they did not have a room for me despite the fact that I had booked a reservation weeks before. The attitude of the agent was poor and I was pretty much told that I was out of luck. Then they tried to put me at the Motel 6!! After a long while they finally found a room for me several miles away and I did not get in to the room or into bed for over an hour later. Then the breakfast at the other hotel was very poor quality. TERRRIBLE!!!!! I cannot say this enough. Fellow travelers need to be aware that making a reservation at the Hilton will not ensure a room, just that Hilton will collect their money! I cannot express my abhorrence enough.

Oh, and to top it off when I attended the techology seminar - they wifi did not work in the conference rooms! So much for technology demonstrations.

Do yourselves a favor and avoid this one.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
cpgm62, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Dear Michelle_P0001,

Thank you for sharing the regrettable experience you had at my Garden Inn this past month.

I can understand how exasperated you must have felt after a long day of travel only to get moved to another location. The hassle of coming back after not getting a good nights sleep, good breakfast or a stress free conference is totally unacceptable.

We are very close to fixing our internet issues with expanded bandwidth and additional wireless access points. This work should be complete in August.

If you would be kind enough to contact me off line I would like the opportunity to regain your trust in my hotel and The Hilton Family of hotels.

greg.lindner@hilton.com

Reviewed June 12, 2012

In general, the hotel is very nice and the room is spacious with all the amenities expected from a HGI. The shuttle service departs twice per hour from the hotel, and pickup is reasonable. However I am disappointed that the shuttle will not do any pickup at the new International Terminal, aka Concourse F, which requires me to take a shuttle first to domestic, and then the hotel shuttle. Unacceptable and please avoid this HGI if you are flying international into ATL!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Adrian L
cpgm62, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Good Afternoon Carfield 0830,

Thank you for staying at my Garden Inn during your recent trip through Atlanta. I appreciate the nice comments on our hotel and am glad you had all the amenities expected.

I apologize that the transportation between our new International Concourse and the hotel was not as seemless or efficient as one would expect. Regrettably the Grounds Transportation department at Hartsfield Jackson International airport is not allowing hotel shuttles into the new terminal. The airport has contracted transportation between the domestic terminals to and from the International side currently.

Please come again on furture travels and I would be happy to assist with you reservations if you like.

DL (404)797-9856

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Desk check in was fast and efficient--Hilton had screwed up the reservation and the date the hotel had for our stay was wrong--it was for the next day. No problem, the desk cleared it up quickly. The room was clean and neat--the bathroom seemed a little small but was adequate. There was a casual chair in addition to the desk chair which is always appreciated when there are two people traveling. Linens were crisp and fresh. The company advertises adjustable beds but the control was covered by a "Remove after Installation" tag. In room coffee was swill. The breakfast buffet was $12.00--overpriced--so was the hotel restaurant. Eat at Ruby Tuesday or Joe's on Sullivan, about two blocks away--or go into College Park and eat at Pecans or Simon's for better food. The business center computers were a little slow but adequate for printing boarding passes.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NASAEd
cpgm62, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

Good Day NASAEd,

Thank you very much for staying at my Garden Inn and for reviewing the hotel after your visit.

I am very happy to hear my team was able to accomodate your reservation and handle any mix ups that may have occured during the booking process. I always like to recognize them personally for making great decisions so if you have a moment to let me know the time you checked in I can properly thank them publicly.

The Garden Sleep System beds are in all of our King bedded rooms, if by chance this was a double queen the bed would not be adjustable. The control is on the top corner of each King bed and has a flap over the dial. I apologize for any misinformation on the bed we have given.

On future visits there is a Bed n' Breakfast rate which allows cooked to order breakfast for up to four adults included in the rate. We feel this is a great value which may be beneficial to your family.

Once again thank you for choosing this location and please come again. I can be reached personally on my direct line I have included below.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Great hotel for flights. Only stayed one night, but will be booking again next month for another flight out of Atlanta. Nice, clean, friendly staff, free shuttle to the airport, and parking while you're away.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CorryTNgal
cpgm62, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Hello CorryTNgal,

I appreciate you reveiwing my Garden Inn after your recent stay here in Atlanta.

We are lucky to have a great location and a very dedicated team who keep our hotel looking excellent.

Our shuttle and proximity to Hartsfield Jackson International make for a convenient stop over with connecting flights.

Please let me know if you have any special requests on your next visit as I am happy to expedite anything we can do to make the stay perfect.

Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#5 of 26 in College Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport South

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center? Share your experiences!