I read the management response to the ant infestation stating they are gone as of the week of July 18th. Not correct. I stayed on July 26th on the 6th floor. I noticed a few stray ants roaming around and didn't think anything of it. I drank a soda out of a cup and left the empty cup on my night stand and a few hours later the ants found it and mobilized a brigade.
That aside, I had a good stay at this property. Good check in experience (it was around 2pm so not crowded) and overall every interaction with a hotel employee was good. Every HGI person I passed by greeted me. Room was in pretty good condition. The tub was recently re-calked and looked good, the decor was fairly up to date and in good condition. The window area was clean and free of dust - all signs of good attention to detail by the house keeping staff.
Common areas of the property were attractive and well maintained. Breakfast was good with three kinds of fresh fruit and cooked to order eggs along with the usual baked goods, cereal, etc. I used the hotel supplied cat 5 cable for internet and it worked well and was fast enough for me to pull files off of a network server.
All things considered this property meets the high expectations for a HGI, but if you think you got rid of the ants think again. I would have rated the propoerty a 4 out of 5 but did not feel I could do that given the insect infestation. I spend 40 - 50 nights in hotels per year and have not had this happen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center hotel is only a mile south of Hartsfield-Jackson International airport, and is convenient to the most popular Atlanta attractions. Find terrific shopping at the nearby Camp Creek Market Place. Access to Georgia I-75/85 and Georgia I-285 provides easy travel to attractions and corporate offices, all located close to our hotel near the Atlanta Airport. Enjoy complimentary WiFi, and attentive service whenever you stay. Each morning, enjoy a tasty cooked-to-order breakfast from The Garden Grille. Pick up snacks and beverages from the 24-hour Pavilion Pantry(R) and dine from the comfort of your guest room at this lovely hotel near the Atlanta Airport. Work out in the fully equipped fitness center and watch the 37-inch flat-screen TV as you take advantage of cardio machines and weights. Find everything you need for a productive and relaxing stay in a comfortable guest room at this Atlanta airport hotel. Sleep well on the patented Garden Sleep System(R) bed, when you choose a king room, with an adjustable mattress and high-thread count linens. Watch the HDTV, call on the two dual-line phones and surf the net with the complimentary wired/WiFi access. Work at the large desk, with an ergonomic Mirra(R) chair by Herman Miller and use the complimentary remote printing to the business center. Prepare and store snacks with in-room refrigerator and microwave oven. Enjoy the amenities at the Hilton Garden Inn. Start your day with a cooked-to-order breakfast from The Garden Grille. Keep up-to-date with the free 24-hour business center, work out at the fully equipped fitness center or swim a few lengths of the pool. Host a meeting in the event space and relax afterwards in the steam room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Hotel College Park
- Hilton College Park
- Hilton Garden Inn College Park
- College Park Hilton