“Terrible stay”

Travelodge College Park
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in College Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
NJ
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I just stayed here Labor day weekend 2012. I read the reviews so I knew what I was getting into. This was booked as a package deal for my weekend events in Atlanta. In short, believe everything negative you've read in these reviews. If you happen to get a decent room you'll be lucky. I must add though that the daytime manage is very nice and accomodating. I forget her name though. The lobby and kitchen area is clean which is somewhat deceiving once you get to your room. They only change the fitted sheets on the beds. The cover and comforters are reused over and over for who knows how long. If you have a 2nd bed they only refresh 1 bed. Believe the stories above about having to leave your ID for an iron and the board. Believe about the hookers. We didn't see roaches but we did see general spiders and black bugs in the room. The room knobs and locks are cheap and they broke off during our stay so be careful about that. We will not be back to this hotel. Stay somewhere else. A few extra dollars and stay around about 5minutes away at Hilton or somewhere else...ANYWHERE ELSE.

Room Tip: For a larger size room choose the double bed. For some reason these rooms look and smell better. Get...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I booked it because it was cheap, and after reading the reviews I thought people were just being picky. Boy was I wrong!!! Dirty hotel falling apart, dirty people, drug deals going on all night! stay at the days inn across the street!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lilly J
Lanett, Alabama, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2012

There is nothing wrong with this place that a professional cleaning staff, an exterminator and an efficient maintenance crew couldn't fix. I don't know what the house-keeping staff does, but they certainly don't CLEAN the rooms. The front desk clerk was extremely nice. "Nikki" But Broom Hilda was lurking around and offered her no help when she got backed up at the desk. (The manager I presume) Definitely pick another place unless you want to take roaches home with you in your bags... Also, I arrived at 4:pm and my room was not ready and only had 30 minutes before I had to leave for work.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs, bathroom cleaner and roach spray. Gag
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Everyone from the lady at the front desk, to housekeeping, to management was UNBELIEVABLY unprofessional. Not necessarily rude, but certainly clueless, void of any business/hospitality acumen whatsoever. As far as the rooms, it didn't take any longer than a couple minutes before we knew we could not stay there. The room looked nothing like the pictures on their website. Our "non-smoking" room wreaked of smoke and urine - wretched. Our replacement room smelled a little better but looked just as unkempt and sickening as the first. Refund! How this place is still in business is beyond me. OMG.

Room Tip: Just steer away from this place!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Newport News, Virginia, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I should have paid attention to the reviews. I guess Travelodge has to discount the rooms to $33.00 a night (non-refundable), that is the only way they will get people to stay here. The room was nasty and dirty. I found 8-10 incense sticks, the second bed was broke completely. And yes they have ROACHES. The toilet had not been cleaned. This place is just a DUMP.

STAY AWAY!!!