“Beware: Travelodge, College Park,GA 30349”

Travelodge College Park
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Phoenix, Arizona
“Beware: Travelodge, College Park,GA 30349”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

A 1st floor room was previously reserved several weeks in advance of the 11/26/2011 booking and is noted on the confirmation sent from the Travelodge server. However, the request was missing from the data sent to Atlanta, therefore, no 1st floor room. When asked why the motel parking lot was empty next to first floor rooms, the response was, "We have a lot of people that don't have cars." (HMMMMM, Verrrry Interesting!) Also, the charge for room was higher than confirmed on the reservation.

The second floor room was blazing hot from the infrared heater. I had to vacate the room and leave the door open for 45-50 minutes waiting for the room to cool. The 6am wake up call was Not made from front desk even though the evening desk clerk suggested it.

This is the worst form of accommodations I have seen since I was quartered in the WW1 wooden barracks at Ft. Jackson, SC for Basic Training. The Wyndam name should not be associated with this property.

Room Tip: There aren't any for this property.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rgbnov13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Urbana, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

Just like most, I was looking for the least expensive place for my stay...being close to the airport is a definite plus...since this is the cheapest for tourists, its also the cheapest for locals, so yes there will be few shady characters in the area (and a few chicks looking to make a quick buck), however, there our lots of areas where this is true...Travelodge is in an area with other hotels (Quality inn, Comfort inn, Baymont) so its not in the boondocks...the main lobby closes when it gets dark, after which you will have to conduct transactions through the "back" entrance through glass wall...

There breakfast is nothing much: depending on the day/supplies - yogurt, orange and apple juice (kinda nasty, though), they also had small orange juice boxes (good), donuts, small bite muffins, oatmeal packs, cereal, coffee...there isn't anything hot beyond the microwave oatmeal you can make (no waffle maker, no eggs, or stuff like that). If breakfast is big for you, McD's is right across the street and they have a dollar menu!

There is no iron or board in your room, no microwave or refrig....there is a good size square table you can use as a board and you can "rent" an iron from the front desk by leaving ur ID...

The hotels are accessed from the outside, so if you leave the doors open long enough (i.e. taking bags from ur car to the room) a bug might hop inside, but my room was not bug infested...I was there for 4 days...

I noticed some people smoking in the nonsmoking rooms (they left the door open so you could see). I did notice a smell when I first entered my room that could have been smoke or bug spray (or a combo)...but after being in the room a few hours, I adjusted and didn't smell it anymore...I observed another customer complain that his room smelled like smoke and they changed him to another room that seemed to appease him...so this would be worth watching for...

The fixtures are lose (the electrical plugs and the sink) but they worked fine, no exposed wires...water pressure for shower was great and water hot! Cable TV is limited bt there is HBO ESPN TBS TNT USA Cartoon...tv itself is around 19in or smaller and reception had some static but picture was still decent...king size bed was good enough...plenty of free parking

No swimming pool, no business center, but free internet wireless for your laptap which is all i needed...

I think that covers it...if your a family with kids, I would say go elsewhere...if its just 1 or 2, it'll give you what you need...I've never been big on hanging at my hotel anyway when out of town...I just need a place to sleep and a shower, maybe catch a little news or movie while I sleep and its perfect for that...but if ur lookin for a place that will "enhance" your vacation, this is not the spot for that....

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

its a cheap stay and they do the best then can.. the beds and room were ok..
we had "Ladies of the night" Prostitues working the room next door it was a little unsavory.. my husband and I just ended up praying for those girls to come out of that life style. otherwise the staff tried there best to keep a neat , orderly hotel..

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these College Park hotels

venice beach calif
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights because close to the airport, they offered free breakfast wich was decent. I was comfortable there im actually returning again for 4 nights and the price went down so more money saved!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

Me, my daughter and my mom flew in to Atlanta to visit for a week. We bundled thru Expedia. This is the motel chosen in our package. Bad deal. The first few days were fine but after that we experiened heavy knocking on someone elses door ( like they were fighting or something) and of course the police were called...Lets say I didnt get any sleep! they kept giving our room to someone else as they called 3 times from the front desk to ask our names again and 2 someone tried to open our motel door!!!!!If it wasnt for us alaready paying for the room we would have gladly went to another hote;!! Never again!!!!!!!! And I ask you again what complimentary breakfast???? cuz we sure as hell didnt eat...not that I would have!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

Had no choice to stay here dfue to torrential rains. Place was cheap, but in very poor repair. Lots of stains on carpet and beat up furniture. People at front desk not very friendly either. I recommend staying somewhere else unless no other option!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

The room was terribly dirty (stains and even crayon marks/drawings on the walls) the furniture was all falling apart and light fittings were starting to come away from the walls. The area was pretty shady and we didn't feel safe in the room unless we had a chair and our suitcases up against the door. Would not recommend or stay at again.

• Stayed May 2011