“Horrible”

Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Franklin, Tennessee
“Horrible”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel shouldnt even be open for business. I wouldnt recommend that anyone would even allow their pets to stay at this hotel. The floors felt as if the were going to cave in at any given moment. There was mold along the bottom of the tub and along the toliet seat. The furniture was discolored and the smell was terrible. I was bitten by bugs the entire 15 minutes I was actually in the hotel. I had to leave and find another hotel and has been a very difficult task in trying to recieve compensation for the incovience.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
atlanta001, General Manager at Super 8 College Park/atlanta Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for bringing your experience to my attention, I sincerely apologize. During you stay our Front desk associate had explained you about you reservation that was sent to us by online travel agent and for that reason we do not have authority to make any changes to it. We had also informed you about calling the travel agent so that we can receive a confirmation of the changes that you were requesting/ cancellation letter. If we would have received it we could have cancelled your reservation and refunded the charge for your stay. We received your reservation for two nights from 10/05/12 till 10/07/12 during this period we never received a cancellation letter. On 10/08/12 when you had called at the hotel and discussed this with me, I had made the necessary changes and refunded one night payment to your account, and first night was applied towards cancellation fees as per the terms of the reservation.
We have also inspected the room by the pest control company to verify the complaint that you had with the room. We received an inspection report for no activity and room to put back in service same day after inspection.
Again I apologize for the inconvenience that to had to make changes to your reservation if we would have received it promptly we could have cancelled the reservation and refunded your account.
Please contact me on the information below for any other questions.
Dipen Patel
gm@atlantaairportsuper8.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Czech first
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Upon my arrival, I noticed that the room smelled very well. The room was very tidy and welcoming. The bed was about what I expected, for the price, but I was able to sleep well with the nice fluffy pillows.

The internet connection was very easy to connect to, because it is an open network.
All of the staff members are not friendly; however, most of them are very nice and hospitable.

I would recommend this hotel to a friend, if they are looking for something inexpensive but still nice. Or even if they are just flying in to check out to Atlanta for a short time.

• Stayed September 2012
atlanta001, General Manager at Super 8 College Park/atlanta Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and other travellers like yourself. Also i thank you for bringing to my attention about the some staff members as not friendly i sincerly aplolgise on their behalf.
Please feel free to contact me on information below i would like to know your experience during your stay it will help me train my staff members.
Again thank you for you review and recomedation. Upon your next visit to our hotel i would like to meet you in person and to know about you experience with our service.

Dipen Patel
gm@atlantaairportsuper8.com
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had some vacation time and decided to do a last minute trip to Atlanta to visit friends. I've never stayed at an airport hotel before and was a little skeptical. The price of this hotel was great and to my surprise I got more than I bargained for. The rooms were clean, quiet, comfy and the staff was very friendly. Noise from the planes coming in at the airport was minimal. The shuttle to and from the airport/MARTA station was very convenient and took me whenever I wanted to venture out. The ride on MARTA to downtown was only about 10 minutes. I must note that the woman at the front desk named Tamika (sorry if I am misspelling) was warm and welcoming and I was sad to not to see her and tell her thanks when I left. Please keep her she's doing a wonderful job! This hotel would have gotten a perfect score except for the breakfast. The selections are limited however better food choices are at the airport/MARTA. I plan on staying here again when I return to Atlanta for my next visit.

Room Tip: The shuttle will take you to the MARTA station at the airport where you can wisk to downtown and all...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Check in was extremely slow, clerk was new and uninformed about virtually everything I asked, no cable TV unless you manually entered the channel number you wanted in the remote {learned this after checking out; no guide in room}, sink didn't drain, no hair dryer, asked for quiet room but woke up to loud construction right outside my door, no coffee in breakfast room . . .

Room Tip: Only positive experience about this hotel was the shuttle service ~ quick and friendly
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We were looking for one night accomodations near the Atlanta airport. We checked several other hotels and the price was right here. They shuttled us over for our early morning flight and allowed us to park our car free for almost a week. Staff was very nice. Hotel needs some renovations, but for the price we paid it was okay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The price is right in this budget hotel. I travel to Atlanta a few times a year and this is always an inexpensive alternative to asking a friend or colleague for a ride to the airport at 5am. Free internet and free airport shuttle starting at 5am make this an ideal, if no frills option to my Atlanta departures.

I've also stayed here for pre and post conference dates at the nearby Sheraton.

The rooms are clean and I've never had a problem with the staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo