“Really nice for the price.”

Super 8 College Park/atlanta Airport
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in College Park
“Really nice for the price.”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Upon my arrival, I noticed that the room smelled very well. The room was very tidy and welcoming. The bed was about what I expected, for the price, but I was able to sleep well with the nice fluffy pillows.

The internet connection was very easy to connect to, because it is an open network.
All of the staff members are not friendly; however, most of them are very nice and hospitable.

I would recommend this hotel to a friend, if they are looking for something inexpensive but still nice. Or even if they are just flying in to check out to Atlanta for a short time.

• Stayed September 2012
atlanta001, General Manager at Super 8 College Park/atlanta Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and other travellers like yourself. Also i thank you for bringing to my attention about the some staff members as not friendly i sincerly aplolgise on their behalf.
Please feel free to contact me on information below i would like to know your experience during your stay it will help me train my staff members.
Again thank you for you review and recomedation. Upon your next visit to our hotel i would like to meet you in person and to know about you experience with our service.

Dipen Patel
gm@atlantaairportsuper8.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Czech first
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had some vacation time and decided to do a last minute trip to Atlanta to visit friends. I've never stayed at an airport hotel before and was a little skeptical. The price of this hotel was great and to my surprise I got more than I bargained for. The rooms were clean, quiet, comfy and the staff was very friendly. Noise from the planes coming in at the airport was minimal. The shuttle to and from the airport/MARTA station was very convenient and took me whenever I wanted to venture out. The ride on MARTA to downtown was only about 10 minutes. I must note that the woman at the front desk named Tamika (sorry if I am misspelling) was warm and welcoming and I was sad to not to see her and tell her thanks when I left. Please keep her she's doing a wonderful job! This hotel would have gotten a perfect score except for the breakfast. The selections are limited however better food choices are at the airport/MARTA. I plan on staying here again when I return to Atlanta for my next visit.

Room Tip: The shuttle will take you to the MARTA station at the airport where you can wisk to downtown and all...
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Check in was extremely slow, clerk was new and uninformed about virtually everything I asked, no cable TV unless you manually entered the channel number you wanted in the remote {learned this after checking out; no guide in room}, sink didn't drain, no hair dryer, asked for quiet room but woke up to loud construction right outside my door, no coffee in breakfast room . . .

Room Tip: Only positive experience about this hotel was the shuttle service ~ quick and friendly

Travelers are raving about these College Park hotels

Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We were looking for one night accomodations near the Atlanta airport. We checked several other hotels and the price was right here. They shuttled us over for our early morning flight and allowed us to park our car free for almost a week. Staff was very nice. Hotel needs some renovations, but for the price we paid it was okay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 9, 2012

The price is right in this budget hotel. I travel to Atlanta a few times a year and this is always an inexpensive alternative to asking a friend or colleague for a ride to the airport at 5am. Free internet and free airport shuttle starting at 5am make this an ideal, if no frills option to my Atlanta departures.

I've also stayed here for pre and post conference dates at the nearby Sheraton.

The rooms are clean and I've never had a problem with the staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Texas
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My son booked a room with this hotel and also stated he would be getting in very late as his flight wasn't getting in until 9:30. Well, when he got to the hotel, they had given his room away and didn't have any vacancies! It seems they tried to charge my son's card and it didn't go through so they gave his room awy. My son was going to pay with cash upon checking out. The male "customer service" guy at the front office was no help-barely spoke any english as well! My son had just flown in from Okinawa and did not have a car. This so called front desk operater wouldn't even help my son find a room at another hotel, or get on a computer and see if he could help him. My son didn't have access to a computer and was completely lost on what to do. When my son asked for the manager's name, this person at the front desk stated he didn't know it. I will never stay at this hotel and I will tell everyone never to stay at a Motel 8. This place seriously needs to send their employee's to a customer service training, or maybe they just really don't care about their customer's. I feel it is the latter. I will be writing a letter to the president or "owner" of this despicable place to let them know that they gave my son's, a Marine on his way home, room away and did not offer help in any way. BEWARE and stay away from this sleazy hotel!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed July 31, 2012

stayed one nt headed out of town via airport. close to airport. not many bell or whistles but fine for the night and hard to beat price. also left car there for several days again (did same last year) w/no problem. about $5/day

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business