“Very close to the Atl Airport”

Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Metamora, Michigan
“Very close to the Atl Airport”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I spent three nights at this property and it was very relaxing. The front desk staff was always friendly and had a kind word or a nice wave as I was coming or going. The decor was modern and up to date as well as clean and maintained. The bed was a joy to sleep in and I did not have any issues with that this trip. The breafast buffet was pretty normal and just a little over priced at $15 for the full hot selection. The noise from the MARTA train was louder than the aircraft from the ATL airport.

Room Tip: Rooms 220. 320, 420 and 520 have a small balcony with a chair.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hotel-IndigoCP, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Art48455,

Thank you for taking the time write a review and provide feedback of your stay with us. I wanted to share some exciting news concerning the Quiet crossing installation that will eliminate noise from the train. The installation has begun and is almost complete...only a matter of days now. I can't wait until your return so you can tell me what a difference this has made. The entire Hotel Indigo team looks forward to being of future service to you.

Linda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Recently I was stranded overnight at ATL due to weather. Airline comped this hotel. I had never heard of this chain so immediately I was skeptical. It is very nice. New and modern. Keurig in the room. Nice bug shower. I'm going to search for other Hotel Indigos when I travel.

• Stayed February 2014
Hotel-IndigoCP, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Robinson5366,

Thank you for your review and welcome to the Hotel Indigo Brand. I think it's great that you will find other locations to visit as a result of your stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return here at the Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport-College Park.

Cordially,
London
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I only stayed at the Indigo for a night but it made a great impression on me. I'm not sure when I'll be back in Atlanta again but I'll definitely make sure I go for this chain again in the future.

This Indigo is in a nice, walkable neighbourhood in College Park, Atlanta. On the drive in I noticed loads of eating options within walking distance which was a benefit -especially considering airport hotels in the US are usually rather isolated or at best surrounded by awful restaurant chains. There was ample parking here and it was free too.

The property is very modern and had that "new hotel" smell to it. Check in was great and the receptionist (Romaine) was incredibly welcoming, offering my first dose of famous Southern charm and hospitality. He was incredibly welcoming and friendly, and went out of his way to make sure we had dining plans in the evening. Great service and a warm welcome - something quite rare these days.

The room itself was very large, incredibly clean and well equipped. The bathroom was stocked with Aveda toiletries and plush towels which smelled great. I couldn't get the hair dryer to work but this was probably down to my inability to use US safety plugs! The bed was amazing. I remember saying to myself before I passed out for 9 hours "I want my bed at home to be like this".

In the morning I made use of the fitness facilities - and I'm glad I did after the previous night's nearby BBQ over-indulgence (at Tony Morrow's BBQ - try it!). It's small but has a good selection of weights. Breakfast was good and they offer a reasonably priced hot buffet.

Checkout was fast and easy, as well as friendly of course. I know this may be the norm in the South but I was surprised to find it in such force at an airport hotel. This is probably due to the Indigo being a very well managed, cool, modern brand.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hotel-IndigoCP, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Moaksey,

Welcome to the South (US)! I love that we represented not only our brand well but that we were able to provide you with true southern hospitality. My team members and I pride ourselves in being able to deliver a memorable guest experience and I plan to share KUDOS to each one of them, especially Romaine for their contribution to yours. Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to provide us with feedback of your stay. The entire Hotel Indigo College Park team looks forward to your future visits with us.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Hands down some of the BEST and MOST personable service I have ever experienced in all my years traveling. From the moment I walked in the door I knew my patronage was appreciated.

I was greeted immediatley upon entering the lobby even though the front desk agent was occupied. Upon check in they had not attached my Credit Card authorization form to my room, but the front desk agent addressed it, made me feel at ease and immediately resolved the problem. Fast, polite and efficient.

My room was OFF THE HOOK AMAZING. I know each room is slightly different, but room 201 was full of personality and decorated very well. It was situated at the end of hall and shared no walls with other rooms.

I decided to have dinner down in the restaurant. At first I was little taken back by the lack of food options on their menu, but decided to give it a shot. I ordered the lamb burger. I am not one to typically enjoy burgers, so was pleasently surprised how flavorful this was. Lisa and Pam behind the bar were absolute delights.

I also had the pleasure of meeting the F&B Director and Exec Chef, who were both friendly and attentive to my needs. It felt more like I was hanging in the kitrchen with my family than staying at a hotel.

My stay happened to overlap the big Atlanta Winter Storm. The staff at the hotel handled this catastrophic event quite well. Yes, they were a bit harriedl and yes, they weren;t prepared for the event. But at the end of the day they did it with a smile!

The breakfast buffet was accetpable. A lot of options. And the vegetarian wrap on the dinner menu was so good I almost had it twice.

The location has some thing to be desired, but great for the business traveler.

Check this hotel out. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Room 201 - at the end of the hall and doesn't share a wall with any other room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeremy E
Hello Jeremy E,

I can't describe in words the delight I felt in reading your review. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share the experience of your visit with us and the detailed feedback provided is invaluable. Please know that I will be sure to share this with each of my team members. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to an opportunity to be of future service to you.

All the best,
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here when my flight got cancelled (shocking, I know). Came intact hotel at 9 PM and left at 5:30 AM. That being said, I got a reasonable feel for a few things. First the cons - no self serve food options, not even snack vending machines! I had already had dinner when I got there (and have celiac disease, so find hotel restaurants usually tough to eat at) but wanted a candy bar and wanted pretty shocked I couldn't get one. And Breakfast is not available until 7 - typical, but with airport hotel, thought it might be nice to have breakfast options for people who have really early flights.
Pros-Staff were very friendly (even gave me some fun size candy they had behind counter since there weren't vending machines).
The BED - BEST BED I HAVE BEEN ON IN AGES. It was comfortable, soft but not too soft and the bedding was divine. Lovely weighted bedding that you could really snuggle into. Pillows were also comfortable. I slept very well for the few hours I was there and almost wished I had a later flight so I could have slept in that bed more. That bed alone will get me back when I have a stay over in ATL again.
The room-I wound up in a handicapped room, which was fine. The room was HUGE, which I presume was partly due to rhe room type and space for wheel chairs. Either way, it was well appointed and comfortable, with "wood" floors and stylish furnishings. And did I tell you about the bedding!? :)
In-betweens- the shuttle is workable, but they appear to have only one, so on really busy days, it may take a while to get to the hotel from the airport and it only leaves from the hotel TO the airport on the hour/half-hours. Felt more shuttles would have been a nice touch, but it worked, so not a manor complaint.
Overall, I would choose this hotel again if I need an Atlanta hotel, but wish they had a few things done differently.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank efm16
Hotel-IndigoCP, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Efm16,

Thank you for such detailed feedback concerning your most recent stay with us. I truly appreciate such information as it ensures that we take our good areas and make them great, and our areas for improvement and make them better. I am also pleased to know that whenever you're in the Atlanta area you plan to make Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport your hotel of choice. We love having you as our guest and eagerly await your return.

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel due to its proximity to a meeting that I had from work. It's a new hotel for IHG and it was a wonderful experience. The bed was extremely comfortable, room was very spacious, the staff was very friendly and even my burger from the bar in the hotel was quite tasty. Also free Wi-Fi!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Traci B
Dear Traci B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our property. We appreciate your patronage to our hotel and loyalty to the brand. My team and I look forward to your many return visits with us.

Best Regards,
Brandon, Florida
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Everything is well decorated, extremely clean and the staff is nice, but very formal. The hotel is in a fantastic area. Would definitely recommend, and will be my first choice if I'm ever in the are again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jjenkins04
Hotel-IndigoCP, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear JJenkins,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that we will be your hotel of choice for future visits to the area. Anytime we can create brand loyalty is always exciting for a hotel team. We appreciate your business and look forward to not just meeting, but far exceeding your expectations in the future.

Kind Regards,
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Atlanta Airport Marriott
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#3 of 26 in College Park

Been to Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park? Share your experiences!