“Do not stay here until management changes!”

Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in College Park
California
“Do not stay here until management changes!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The rooms at Indigo are beautiful, but management is atrocious. We stayed here twice, on layovers through Atlanta. Both times, the management was slip-shod, inattentive, and unprofessional. Workers told us they have had four managers since November. On the first trip, our room had only one coffee cup for the three of us, and only decaf coffee and tea. When we asked for another cup and some regular coffee, we were told the hotel was out of regular coffee k-cups for the guest rooms. Housekeeping was supposed to bring us a second cup, but never returned. In addition, there were not enough towels in the bathroom, only one bar of soap that had to be moved from the sink to the shower, and conditioner, but no shampoo!

On our return, two weeks later, we tried to call the front desk from the airport to request the shuttle to pick us up, but no one answered the phone, despite several attempts. Luckily, we flagged the shuttle down just after he made a drop-off. The driver also attempted to contact the front desk to let them know we were coming, but he also got no answer. When we arrived at the hotel, the desk was unstaffed, and our shuttle driver offered to track someone down. Adam finally showed up to check us in, but his lack-a-daisical attitude was unprofessional and almost insulting. We choose this hotel because they had room service, and we wanted to be able to order dinner after a day of traveling. Yet when we got to our room, there was no menu. A visit downstairs determined that they had severely curtailed their dining options, and we had very few choices, in fact, only six choices! Presentation was poor, portions were small, and one sandwich contained cheese, when we had asked for no cheese. But, at least we now had coffee!

We were also disappointed by management's policy in regards to the airport shuttle. Their policy is that the shuttle does not deliver guests to the international terminal. They drop you off at the domestic terminal, where you have to catch the airport shuttle bus to reach the international terminal. If you have any sort of disability, this is a major problem. The web site says they have a shuttle to the airport, but does not mention any limitations.

Also, bring some earplugs if you are sensitive to noise! You can hear the trains pass by.

All this being said, I want to compliment the wonderful shuttle drivers! They were friendly yet professional, and dedicated to providing excellent customer service. Many thanks to Anthony!

I don't know if the problems are specific to this particular Hotel Indigo, but after our experiences here, I plan to avoid the entire IHG group.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank travel-gourmetstyle
General M, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Travel-Gourmetstyle,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback concerning your most recent stay with us. I would first like to offer my sincerest apology for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I would also like to reassure you that what you experienced is not our standard of operation and I am truly sorry that we failed you as our most valued guest. Please know that each concern you have noted will be addressed in the most urgent matter. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction and I would welcome any future opportunity to show you the type of service I know that we are capable of providing. Please contact me at your convenience at 404-767-8881 ext 7151 so that I can make it up to you. We love having you as our guest and I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Cordially,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
South Jersey
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Spent 4 nights while we golfed and toured the city. Room was very clean. The staff at the desk were very friendly and helpful. They gave us useful info on using the public transportation (MARTA) which has a station within a 100yds or so of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
General M, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear Wags032,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback concerning your most recent stay with us. I am super-excited to see that we have exceeded your expectations and we look forward to your return visit. Please know that I plan to share your feedback with the entire staff so that we continue to "be inspired" to provide outstanding service to our most valued guests. Thank you again!

Cordially,
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Spent one night for an early morning flight Hotel restaurant ridiculously expensive with ver limited options. The Room was super comfortable and more than adequate for my needs. The bathroom was notably large. Some noise from the planes coming in but it didn't bother me and stopped around midnight (I think). First one I heard in the morning was about 630am. The staff were really friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Kayle C.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback concerning your most recent visit to the Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport-College Park. I wanted to inform you that we are currently revising our restaurant menu to better fit our market and business demands. I am certain you will find it to your satisfaction upon your return visit. We appreciate your business and will continually provide you with impeccably inspired service. Thank you again and I'll see you next visit!

Best Regards,
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was driving home from a family visit in Illinois. I decided to wait until the last minute to book a room as I wanted to get as far as I could towards home (Florida). About 2 hours outside of Atlanta I stopped at a Starbucks to borrow some free Wi-Fi. I began to search for a room only to find the choices dwindling by the minute. I sorted by the price range and stars I wanted, then backed into my choice. I had never heard of Hotel Indigo, but the pictures very nice and the description of the hotel coupled with the review made it even more attractive. Even though it was over by the airport and a little out of my way, I was happy to detour 15 minutes to have a nice place to stay. I'll warn you, getting to the hotel requires a great sixth-sense or a really good application such as Google Maps. It's nestled in a corner of the airport that is bordered by a residential area. When I walked, it, there was a wedding reception going on in the bar/restaurant and it was, as you can imagine, very busy and a bit noisy. But the partygoers were all pleasant and it didn't detract from anything in my book. The front desk agent was a very nice young man. He was through and welcoming. He did point out that due to the wedding reception, the foodservice staff was burdened and room service would likely be greatly delayed if I chose to use it. Truthfully had I been that hungry I would have just ordered a pizza from Dominos so it wasn't a big deal. When I got to my room, I was SUPER surprised at how contemporary and well-furnished it was. The bedding was tremendous. The shower was like an oasis, right down to the faux-river rock surface. It is precisely what the doctor ordered after spending hours upon hours in the car. I couldn't wait to fire up the shower and unwind, which is exactly what I did. The bed was comfortable and the room was silent. I had what I would say is a 5 star sleep. You can bet if I have a chance to check out Hotel Indigo again, I will!

Room Tip: Ask for one facing the street since it's a residential area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The rooms here are great and the food we had for dinner was suburb BUT it was not worth $7,239!! That is what they billed to my credit card for dinner for 2. I only saw this on my cc bill a few days ago ( we stayed late June). I tried to contact the general manage rebekka but she is impossible to reach.i was assured that this matter would be taken care of immediately, and it has not been. I made yet another call and the woman assured me the matter had been rectified. Nothing credited back to my card yet though. There were no real " I'm sorry" or apologies for this blunder at all. I called again today and was put in a permanent hold. They have caller ID so I guess they didn't want to talk to me about it?? I can only guess because no one came back to the phone. I am not the only person this has happened to so that's a scary thought. In general I like to give positive reviews but I am not happy with this hotel, not at all. Careless and unprofessional. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Check your bill before you leave
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robin S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear tikalove,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, GA. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations......It was a last minute choice on a return from the West Coast. We had problems at check in due to credit card system being down , however the desk staff were very gracious and polite in a very stressful situation(trying to fix the computer server, accomodating other guests, etc.).

The room was excellent , best night's sleep in a week. Had no problems with noise.

After a week in San Diego and Seattle , this was the best hotel on the trip, and we did not stay at "budget hotels".

Would definitely return to Hotel Indigo on next trip to Atlanta

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Rooms appeared to be clean...bed was very comfortable...would not consider this 4 star hotel...food service sucked...there are some great little restaurants on Main Street just a block away....I came back to hotel to relax and have some desert in my room while I did some work,
and every items I requested, they didn't have. So I decided on just a Coke and Hersey bar, and the bar wanted over $6 for the 2 items...you know I would have been OK with that if it was the 16 oz bottle, but NO..it was a tiny 8 oz bottle for over 3 dollars...not even the airport would have the balls to charge that for a tiny coke...and they are the most expensive place. I also had a problem with the shuttle getting o the hotel from the airport...seems like no one knew what time it was suppose to pick up and I waited in the heat for almost an hour. One person at hotel said one thing, another said something else...and I was left hanging in the sun. Other minor issues with the hotel, which is too bad because it did have nice rooms...showers are very large with large rain head...
Too bad they want to screw the guests with ridiculous prices for snacks...this hotel is kind of by itself and next to the train thanks so you have trains blowing their wistles all night. This hotel could have gotten a much higher rating had they not been stupid...

Room Tip: Get room on back side of hotel because of trains
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Rich R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Rich R,

Thank you for your recent comments about our Hotel. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations as well as competitive rates to the area. We are sorry we fell short of your expectations. We truly apologize for the inconveniences that happened during your stay. Your comments will be passed to the appropriate department. We always welcome opportunity to improve.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Zelyn N
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North

Been to Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park? Share your experiences!