“Nice hotel, but a bit dysfunctional...don't waste your time with food service”

Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Rooms appeared to be clean...bed was very comfortable...would not consider this 4 star hotel...food service sucked...there are some great little restaurants on Main Street just a block away....I came back to hotel to relax and have some desert in my room while I did some work,
and every items I requested, they didn't have. So I decided on just a Coke and Hersey bar, and the bar wanted over $6 for the 2 items...you know I would have been OK with that if it was the 16 oz bottle, but NO..it was a tiny 8 oz bottle for over 3 dollars...not even the airport would have the balls to charge that for a tiny coke...and they are the most expensive place. I also had a problem with the shuttle getting o the hotel from the airport...seems like no one knew what time it was suppose to pick up and I waited in the heat for almost an hour. One person at hotel said one thing, another said something else...and I was left hanging in the sun. Other minor issues with the hotel, which is too bad because it did have nice rooms...showers are very large with large rain head...
Too bad they want to screw the guests with ridiculous prices for snacks...this hotel is kind of by itself and next to the train thanks so you have trains blowing their wistles all night. This hotel could have gotten a much higher rating had they not been stupid...

Room Tip: Get room on back side of hotel because of trains
1  Thank Rich R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Rich R,

Thank you for your recent comments about our Hotel. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations as well as competitive rates to the area. We are sorry we fell short of your expectations. We truly apologize for the inconveniences that happened during your stay. Your comments will be passed to the appropriate department. We always welcome opportunity to improve.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Zelyn N

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I arrived at Hotel Indigo with the power out. I tried to check in but without power the hotel was unable to accommodate my check in. To me this was not a big deal as I was in town for a Braves game. I checked my bags at the front desk and they said the power should be back on by the time I returned. This turned out to be true however to my surprise Hotel Indigo gave away my room. I made the room reservation through Hotel Indigo website and tried to check in earlier but this did not prevent Hotel Indigo giving away my room. To make the situation worst the front desk zero help. The front desk said two things, “you won’t be charged for the room” and “Not my problem”. There was no apology, no helping to find another room at another hotel, or even mention of any compensation. Amazing how the reservation states if I cancel then I owe for the room yet Hotel Indigo can give away my room anytime. This is a very poorly managed hotel. Buyer beware if you decide to stay at Hotel Indigo.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Scott_Y895
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Scott_Y895,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention.

I am disappointed to read that the service you receive was less than satisfactory. I sincerely apologize for the level of service provided fell below your standards. Additionally, I am sorry for the inconvenience you have encountered with your reservation and regret the dissatisfaction you had.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed and will be used to reconsider improvements. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This hotel is absolutely beautiful. I mean truly breath taking almost something you see in a movie. However, the customer service is HORRIBLE. The housekeeping is sub par. We arrived at this hotel on Friday night expecting to get here and crash. However we told that there were not more rooms. Then all of a sudden a room becomes available. The available room was horrible the guy named Omar at the front desk had THE WORST ATTITUDE ever. The Young boy who was cleaning or whatever his job was supposed to be said that he was taking the next day off. I mean where do these people come from. Is it hotel policy to be so uncouth? The employees sure could use some customer service training. I would not recommend that anyone stay here, save your money and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Dont stay HERE!
1  Thank Esquire M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Esquire M,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am truly sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I cancelled my reservation upon arriving at this IHG hotel. First, I called ahead to see if early check in was a possibility since we were headed to the braves game and were told no problem. Upon arrival there was a line with no one at the desk. Finally, The host came out of the bathroom were he discussed that he had been "boo booing" with the ladies in front of us. Finally it was our turn. He told me there were no rooms ready and that it was my fault that I was there early (he was the one I spoke with on the phone). He tried calling housekeeping on the radio for over 5 minutes trying to find out if any rooms had just been cleaned. Side note: As me and my expecting wife stood there, we witnessed him answer the phone over 15 times placing everyone on hold with "my pleasure, hold please" and then making faces or comments on how those people / customers should leave him alone. I immediately cancelled and went to the Georgia Tech Hampton Inn where down home customer service comes natural. There was no manager on site after several people witnessing this behind me tried to stick up for me by asking for one immediately. This will greatly discourage me from ever staying at an IHG property again. As a compliment the hotel did have a clean lobby.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear RollBama15,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. We welcome feedback as it assists us in our never-ending task to better ourselves and improve things for our guests.

I am disappointed to hear that your experience was not what you expected. Please accept our sincerest apologies for we have failed to deliver an exemplary service upon check in and regret that our level of service fell short of your standards.

It is only with both positive and negative feedback that we can strive to improve our service to our guests and I do hope that this incident will not deter you from staying with us in the future. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This stay was a disaster. First, when I called to confirm, the employee told me I did not have a reservation, and then laughed and said he was kidding. When I checked in, the male clerk remained talking on a personal call on his cell phone. I was never identified as a platinum member and was not upgraded even though the hotel had few rooms occupied on a Sunday night. Room was not as clean as usual. Restaurant had closed early. The following morning there was no hot water. Overall disaster.

1  Thank virginia p
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear vpurdy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As an IHG Rewards Platinum Elite member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel.

I am truly disappointed to hear that your stay didn't live up to your expectations. I am sorry that we were not able to give you the highest level of service and customer care our elite members deserve. Our staff pay special attention to our members and I can only offer my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you have encountered and for the shortcomings you had in your room.

As Platinum , your patronage and support to our hotel are very much important, as such, we are concerned when we fell short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

On my way home from a great vacation in Florida...I got stuck overnight in Atlanta. I got a great deal on the Hotel Indigo just outside the airport. I used my GPS to find the hotel (yep, I rented a car) and found the delightful town of College Park, Ga at the same time.

The hotel couldn't have been nicer. It is new...so super clean. The staff was very accomidating and actually was fun. The room was very well designed and had a giant bathroom with a wonderful walk in shower. The bed was comfortable and I slept well.

The hotel doesn't have a pool...but other than that I would easily recommend this wonderful hotel to anyone...and the very cute town too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Management response:Responded July 17, 2017

Good Day,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your feedback, as we use the information as a learning and empowering tool.
My team and I strive to provide a memorable experience for all of our guests. My goal as the Assistant General Manager is to improve our Service and Product.

I am truly glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to helping you soon.

Ebony Raines
Assistant General Manager
eraines@peachtreehotelgroup.com

Reviewed July 7, 2013

not a quiet property, but new and fresh
It's right beside the airport so you can hear planes take off constantly(expected as it is close to the port) and the you can hear the train go by all day since it is on the light rail train line one block away (not expected)
The hotel itself is new and indigo style just not a good location for quiet.
Food at onsite restaurant is over priced and there is no pool
The onsite Gym is great
Was booked to stay for 8 nights but have changed to a new hotel away from the Train
If you like the sound of trains, planes and automobiles please stay.
I'd rather have one or the other....not them all at once. =)
Friendly staff

Room Tip: Don't have any help hear all the rooms are noisey
Management response:Responded July 17, 2017

Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North

Been to Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park? Share your experiences!