“Brand New and Completely Worth the Price”

Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Salem, Oregon
“Brand New and Completely Worth the Price”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here because of the location, price and look. The hotel is new with all the modern amenities (iphone alarm clock/speaker, 42 inch flat screen, direct TV HD, Keurig coffee/tea maker, etc.). Also, it is the perfect location if you do not want to the hassle of driving into the city and instead can hop on the MARTA to get to downtown Atlanta. Lastly, for the price and everything looking incredibly beautiful and new this hotel is worth it! The noise from the airport, as previous reviewers mentioned, is not very loud at all (especially if you have spent anytime living on or near a military base). In all we loved our stay here and even signed up for the rewards program. We will be staying at another Indigo in the future!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin G, Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
This was a great review, especially realizing it was over the New Year’s holiday. Even though we had a full house around that time, we all had a great time with the upbeat and fun atmosphere. One encouraging thing I have noticed is that we are getting a noteworthy number of guests requesting an (unanticipated) extra night stay; just to partake a little longer in the modern and comfortable luxuries. Your points are spot on and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences with all of us in the traveling community. One update to note: we now offer complementary earplugs at our lobby guest services desk, for those with more sensitive hearing :-) On behalf of all of us at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport, we sincerely look forward to your return to enjoy another relaxing stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
worldwide
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at the Indigo in early November 2012. What a fabulous hotel this was. From the entrance and welcome smells of sugar candy floating on the air to the very efficient and friendly greeting at the desk.

The room was lovely done out in bright and cheerful crisp colours. We loved the rain showerhead in the shower and loved the clean modern lines of the whole room. The bed is SUBLIME!!! This bed I want to sleep on every night with super quality linen to boot. We had a Kronung coffee maker in the room that was well supplied with a variety of coffee and teas both normal and decaf. We breakfasted the next morning downstairs and it is a lovely clean area with comfortable seating. Coffee was in steady supply with a friendly waitress that took care not to let a coffee mug get empty. My husband and I enjoyed the Belgium waffles with a side of bacon.

All in all this was a super experience for us. I really liked the room and as previously stated loved the comfort of the bed. Staff was very friendly and helpful. My absolute only thumbs down was that we were not told to call at the hotel courtesy booth at Hartsfield Airport when we arrived in Atlanta for a pickup in the late evening. We sat in the cold waiting for quite a while before someone from another hotels shuttle told us we would need to call for them to send the shuttle despite me having called the previous day from New York to confirm our booking and find out how often the shuttle came around. The receptionist said it was every 30 minutes, but most definitely it is not like that so do remember to call on arrival.

This hotel is near a railway line but it really was not an issue for us. I hope that management and staff will continue to keep this hotel in such excellent condition and continue with such good service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Anika G, Director of Sales at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us last November and we are very pleased you and your husband had a “super experience” with us. However I’m very sorry you both had to wait in the cold for our shuttle.

We offer our shuttles to our guest between the hours 5:00 am and 1:00 am Monday - Sunday as transportation to and from the airport as well as neighboring venues. Our shuttle to the airport is by request, if you haven’t already notified us of your arrival please contact our front desk and inform us you are waiting or will be arriving so we can send one of our shuttles to come get you. Again we are very sorry for your wait, if you have any other questions or concerns please email us at gm.atlww@indigoatlanta.com. We hope you choose us for your next visit and thank you for your positive feedback on tripadvisor.com.
Houston
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed here for Christmas while visiting family and friends. It was a great location very close to the airport and within walking distance of one of the major MARTA stations in case you want to take a trip to downtown Atlanta without the hassle of using your car. It *is* near a train track (Amtrak type train as well as MARTA) but the noise never even registered with me. Depending on the flight path at the airport, you might notice a few planes going over, but even that was a minimal distraction and absolutely no disturbance to sleeping.The staff was friendly and efficient. They have an airport shuttle which we didn't use because we had a car, but every time we walked out the front door, the van driver hopped out ready to offer a ride. The room was clean and comfortable with an IKEA vibe. Loved the walk in shower!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for spending your Holidays with us and we are glad you had such a great experience. We are very proud of our location, in spite of the minimal distraction of the neighboring transportation. As you know our location being close to the MARTA literally puts us within just minutes of countless attractions, including the Georgia Dome, Philips Arena, CNN Center, the Georgia Aquarium, the World of Coke, Lakewood Amphitheater and Centennial Olympic Park to name a few. Thank you for positive feedback on travaladvisor.com and we hope to see you again for your next trip to our area
Cordova, Tennessee
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I chose to stay at this property beacause I am a fan of boutique hotels. I checked in around 1pm and the girl (Kim) at the desk told me I can not check in until 3pm and continued to tell me since the resv was in my husbands name I will also have to wait for him to arrive at 7pm. I was completely applauled. I asked for a manager and she pointed to glass door in the lobby and said good luck she never coms out. I did not know what this meant until I stood in the door for about 5 minutes while the General manager (Deloris) and some other emplyees ate with me standing there watching them. I must say I have been to trendy boutique properties but I was ashamed of the behavior from the moment I stepped into the facility. When the hotel manger finally came out she was cold and non concerning of the matter at hand. She simply told me Kim was following procedure but would make an exception this one time. She never said sorry never asked me my name nor did she seem to care that I was shaking with anger. She then went back to her office and close the door. I thought this was a joke. I called my husband. He told me to check in and he would take care of it. My husband showed up around 730. He waited 10 minutes for a manager. The manager came and once again there was no concern or urgency for his issues. The guy (Flavo) came to my husband chewing food as he apologized saying he was eating his dinner. My husband was pissed beyond words. He came to the room helped me gather my things and we left. We will never stay there again. From this point forward we will tell EVERYONE we know this place ia a joke. My husband travels a lot and we were planning to have a nice romantic evening during the holiday bliss but this property made a joke if it. To add insult to injury I was there for less then 8 hours and a complete stranger walked in on me because they checked someone else into my room. I was just getting out of the shower as this man was entering my room. We will never stay again...I mean never.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AltheaClark
Anika G, Director of Sales at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your response in reference to your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and want to sincerely apologize for the experiences you encountered. We want to assure you that the service failures in regards to team members and safety and security have been addressed. We would like another opportunity to rebuild your faith in the Hotel Indigo family, please contact the hotel and or provide your contact information via email to gm.atlww@indigoatlanta.com. Our General Manager would like to personally extend an apology to you and your husband.
Houston
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Love the hotel and the big rooms and great value and location near ATL. However the train tracks are so close that you'll hear trains in the middle of the night, so be forewarned about this. Great service and the K cup machines are a nice touch.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank HoustonBaze
Anika G, Director of Sales at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. First and foremost I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced from the train noise. Its my pleasure to inform you that a city ordinance has recently been passed making Main St which includes Harvard Ave. a quiet zone between the hours of midnight and 8:00am. We certainly look forward to the opportunity to be of service again in the near future.

Thank you.
Parish, NY
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I'm a regular business traveler who spends alot of nights sleeping in hotels. I travel to Atlanta regularly but when my "regular" hotel had an extremely high rate this week I decided to give a new hotel a shot and I was very pleasantly surprised! My room was fantastic! The hotel is brand new and has very modern decor which I loved. My room was spacious with a hardwood / Pergo floor (less allergens!), had an extremely comfortable bed, large walk in corner shower, exceptional bath linens, a Kurig machine and overall a very "home-like / non-hotel like" feel.

The staff was very friendly and it's very close to the Atlanta airport. Even though the planes are loud outside I couldn't hear them in my room. My only negative experience was that I did hear the train in the middle of the night but compared to noises I've heard in hotels in downtown Atlanta it really wasn't a big deal. By far the best hotel I have stayed at in a very long time. I will definatley be staying here regularly when I'm in town.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Andrea B
Anika G, Director of Sales at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for providing positive feedback on our property. We are delighted that you had a positive experience at our hotel. We strive to provide "Great Hotels that Guests Love", so we are definitely excited that we did not dissapoint. Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay here at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The amenities of this hotel rock! Loved the K cup machine and complimentary coffee selections. The decor was more than amazing and the wood floor makes you feel good knowing you are not walking on the germs of millons of guest (even though hotel is very new). I had to wait for the shuttle from the airport but the driver was fun, friendly and welcomed me to Atlanta! The bed was uber comfy...I could stay in the room undisturbed for days! Even the closet was cool with the auto on/off light. The hotel, even though close to the airport is in a residential area. The only thing that was a negative was 1. I was not acknolwedged as a priority club member 2. The planes are a little noisy. Would stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank SPGal
Thank you for providing positive feedback on our property. We are delighted that you had a positive experience at our hotel. We strive to provide "Great Hotels that Guests Love", so we are definitely excited that we did not dissapoint. We do value our Priority Club members so on behalf of management I want to apologize for you not being acknowleged and personally thank you for being a Priority Club Member. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty. Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay here at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park.
Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway

Been to Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park? Share your experiences!