“Decent hotel let down by a few points”

Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The hotel Indigo has pretty a pretty nice style. Everything is fairly new and very clean, which for me is key. The location is easy enough to find if you have a hire car from the airport, and I can see they run a shuttle bus as well. Perhaps not as convenient as the Marriott, but definitely more cost effective.

The hotel is let down by a few key points. When we checked in at 10:05 pm we were told that we couldn't eat as the kitchen was closed. I've just checked their website and it states that food is available until 11pm, so I'm not sure what's going on there. The check in guys were friendly enough though, and directed us to a local restaurant. Unfortunately this was also closed, which I feel they could have checked by phone for us rather than sending us wandering the streets. FYI there is a local pizza company that delivers but there was a 45 minute wait.

I'd come back if I had to spend a night at the airport as the rooms are very large and modern, and definitely clean. However I'd be ordering my pizza as I get off the plane so I don't end up starving late into the night.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Anika G, Director of Sales at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments. We do apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced as it relates to your dinner and other dining options in the local area. We also apologize for the incorrect information on our website. I can assure you that we are continuously making improvements with our hotel and we will get the information corrected. We also make sure we are conducting continuous staff trainings to ensure they are providing the best customer service possible. We realize you have a choice when selecting a hotel to stay at and we sincerely hope you will select Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park again and let us show you how dedicated we are to providing the best guest experience possible.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

A friend was flying in from California and I didn't want to make the two hour drive to Atlanta from Columbus, just to turn back around and drive two more hours home- all at 10pm! I reserved this hotel so we could have somewhere close to the airport to crash after her flight came in. I didn't realize that "College Park" had a reputation of being a very sketchy neighborhood until after I booked the room. I was concerned about our stay but it was too late to make any changes.

My friend's flight was delayed and when she got off the plane we were both starving. I called the hotel to find out how late their restaurant would be open and we raced over to make sure we could grab a bite before they closed. When we arrived they told us not to rush, others had called or inquired about the restaurant too so they were keeping it open until midnight. WHEW!

Food at the restaurant was good- overpriced, but it's what to expect in a hotel restaurant! Our server was very friendly and very attentive!

Our hotel room was awesome! I LOVED the weighted blanket on the bed. I slept great! My only issue was we were given conditioner, but no shampoo, and there wasn't a single bar of soap in the room at all. It's ok, I packed my own, but it would have been annoying if I hadn't.

Staff very friendly, rooms clean and comfortable, and location wasn't nearly as "sketchy" as everybody had originally warned me it would be! I will definitely be staying again next time I'm headed up to the airport!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park! We are so glad that you were pleased with your stay. We strive to provide Great Indigos, Guests Love and we are delighted that we didn't let you down. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

For the 1 night we stayed before out flight, I really loved this hotel. I booked it on our way to Atlanta (from Myrtle Beach) under 3 hours before we arrived. We had an issue with the booking agency placing the first name as last name and the hotel clerk couldn't find our reservation. After calling the booking agency, they spoke to the clerk and got it cleared up. He was very helpful. We even received a complimentary breakfast and I believe they had a free shuttle to the airport, but we had a rental car we needed to return. I would most definitely recommend this hotel to anyone in the area.

Room Tip: We were on the airport side which is the back side and you could hear the planes. Rooms on front si...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for staying at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park. We are so glad that you found your experience to be positive and refreshing. We work very hard to give our guests that best experience possible. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed overnight here before heading on a cruise leaving from Vancouver. The hotel is practically brand new. The rooms were quite spacious and even though the location is somewhat "kinda tricky " it is a fabulous place. The restaurant was good and staff amazing. Will definitely be our go to place when overnight in Atlanta from now on.....especially when flying out of Atlanta. Have a shuttle service. Just great great service! !!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park. We are delighted that your had a positive experience with us. We are working very hard to make sure that our customers have the best experience possible. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

You have to expect a little jet noise with a hotel this close to the airport and this is the case at this hotel. But, in addition to the jet noise, there was an excessive amount of train noise. More than one train was blaring its horn overnight which made getting a good night's sleep a bit difficult. Despite the noise, the hotel itself was nice. I think all hotels should have hardwood floors instead of carpet.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear java3882,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced due to the noise. Our efforts to improve the hotel are ongoing and we appreciate your honest feedback. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Myrna M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our stay was a short one at Hotel Indigo. We found your rooms very clean, beds very comfortable, and loved the large shower. BUT your customer service/staff could use some work. I was willing at first to overlook this since we did check out at 4:45 AM for an early flight. But upon our return to the Atlanta airport I found your complimentary shuttle sevice also leaves a lot to be desired. Upon our return flight we called for a pick up from the airport back to the hotel. This call was placed while still in baggage claim inside the airport. ONE HOUR later your complimentary shuttle showed up. We were waiting in the rain, while watching other area hotel shuttles that had picked up passengers two to three times. We placed three calls to your hotel while waiting. I find this unacceptable when your hotel is located a 5 to 10 minute drive from the airport. So I will NOT recommend this hotel at this time, although all of these issue can be resolved.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear srollins1,

Thank you for your detailed review regarding your experience. It is a great pleasure that you found our rooms clean and beds comfortable. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, my apologies for any inconvenience due to the shuttle service and poor customer services you received. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Was all set to stay at the Holiday Inn at Capitol Center for a Braves game and I get there and my reservation has been cancelled 20 minutes before I arrived due to a miscommunication between the staff and reservations(I called to say I would be arriving late the night before but no record). I was frantic and furious with Holiday Inn because the staff was completely unapologetic and unhelpful in helping me to find another hotel to stay at with my 11 year old son and my father. I was sooo disappointed in the hotel and when I arrived at Hotel Indigo, I was pleasantly surprised. I loved the decor and the beds were amazingly comfortable ! BUT the STAFF is what made my stay so memorable. I have never been treated and taken care of better by any hotel. They quickly made me forget everything that had just happened. Breakfast on Sunday morning is what made my weekend worth it (besides the Braves beating the Mets 6-2).. I had the most pleasant and heart warming expereience with Havolyn who was our waitress that morning. She obviously cared very much for each of her guests but she took time out to talk with us and genuinely cared about what had happened. My 11 year old son thanked her for being so nice and wanted to give her a hug before leaving. She was by far the BEST waitress/hotel employee that I have ever come in contact with. Havolyn made took a horrible beginning of a weekend for us and turned it around and made us grateful that we had actually gotten diverted to her hotel. The staff alone would be well worth the stay at this hotel. I cannot rave enough about it. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank StaceyD297

Thank you for staying at Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park! I am so glad that we were able to turn a negative experience into a positive one. We work very hard to make sure our guests have the best experience possible and I am delighted that we didn't disappoint. Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#5 of 26 in College Park
1 mi away
Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport

Been to Hotel Indigo Atlanta Airport College Park? Share your experiences!