“Emergency & had to stay in Atlanta waiting for luggage”

Days Inn College Park Airport Best Road
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Clearwater, Florida
“Emergency & had to stay in Atlanta waiting for luggage”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Totally unexpected my sister and I had to get off plane. Our luggage went on to West Coast.
Two people recommended the Days Inn on Best Rd (#63) Airport Phone. Inexpensive and thought we would be there only 1 night. Took 3 days to recover our luggage.

Beds were great.... People were Wonderful.

We felt like family. They attended to all our needs... shuttled us to airport several times and to dinner.
It is an older hotel but we felt like royalty for only 55 a night. New GOOD quality 1 piece shower/tub combo with ceiling. Nice and Wide.

I loved looking at the planes flying overhead ... all hotels in area had airtraffic.... we were at a "airport hotel"- :-)) Many plants were in bloom and the fragrant smell was wonderful.

They also have a Park & Stay program...... so people who travel a lot can park in their large lot and get
a shuttle to airport. Only 6-7 minutes on their shuttle to ticketing.

In this economy we were VERY PLEASED to pay only 55 a night and be treated like that.

Room Tip: We were on first floor facing airport and loved watching the planes! Felt Very Safe.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Door and windows did not close properly so airport/road traffic was very loud. Area surrounding hotel was pretty run-down. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I was exhausted and had an overnight layover in Atlanta. I was able to reserve a room the night of, and take a free shuttle to the room within minutes of arriving at the airport. The shuttle service was fast and efficient and the entire staff was extremely courteous and helpful, despite my late arrival/reservation and my early departure. The free shuttle not only took you to and from the airport, but also to many local restaurants, which was fantastic. Also the free wifi was a blessing after traveling for a week without it.

I misplaced some of my items in my room because I was so exhausted, and after a quick and polite call with the staff they had it mailed to me and it arrived at my home in NY the next day.

The service I received at the Best Road Day's Inn hotel was phenomenal, and I will definetely return the next time that I am in Atlanta.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
New Bedford, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Planes fly overhead and no deadbolt on the door room not very clean.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Iowa
Reviewed February 16, 2012

My wife and I missed our conncection in Atlanta and were given a voucher for the Days Inn. When I got into the van and the seats were torn, I had a bad feeling. When we got to the hotel no one was at the front desk to check us in. Finally the manager came and gave us a room right off the lobby. As we entered the room, you could see things on the carpet. The first thing I did was take the bedspread and blanket off the bed. The sheet was paper thin and when we got in we noticed some hair. We spent the night listening to the activity in the lobby waiting for dawn. Finally we both just got up to shower and go to the airport. Thank goodness I had my flipflops because I would never want to walk around in the room without them. We were so glad to get out of there.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 31, 2012

My rating is based on the assumption that anyone staying at the Days Inn at the Atlanta airport is not there for a 5 start resort experience - my rating is based on my experience with other airport hotels. Obviously, this is not a hotel you would book for a romantic getaway or vacation. However, for what its purpose is (a place to stay when you're flying out of the airport the next day) the experience was great.

Our flight was cancelled and we weren't given vouchers, so we were faced with the task of finding a room. We were nervous that the airport hotels would prey on stranded people like ourselves and be overpriced, and were delighted to find that this wasn't the case. We chose the Days Inn (third or fourth place we called) because the person I spoke was incredibly friendly, quoted me the rate for the evening *including* tax (which was only $61!), and asked for my name. He gave me the name of the shuttle driver and where to pick up the shuttle, and stated that he would give the shuttle driver my name. After our exhausting traveling day and unexpected forced overnight stay, it was wonderful to feel like someone was taking care of us.

We met the shuttle exactly where we'd been told it would be, and the driver greeted me by name. It was a very quick drive to the hotel (less than 5 minutes) and the receptionist offered us our choice of bed size (for the same price) and checked us in very quickly. I explained that our connecting flight wasn't until 6 pm the next day, and he gave us a late check-out time, and said we were welcome to hang out in the lobby if we preferred, rather than going back and sitting at the airport all afternoon. He was very kind, and was a definite plus to our visit.

The room was fine - clean and relatively new. Yes, the paint in the bathroom was a little ugly, but it seemed new. And yes the furniture is a little outdated - but did I mention that the room was only $61? For a king size bed? For just a place to sleep in between flights, I'd rather have an affordable clean room, than something with a fancy dresser we won't use and an extra $40 tacked on to the bill. Also, the bed was incredibly comfortable. Again, not a fancy 5 star mattress, but much better than I expected.

They had menus for a pizza delivery service (that also offered other italian food) and we were able to order something to eat, even though it was close to midnight. And again, the food was good (just your average pizza) and very reasonably priced.

Our room rate included a free continental breakfast. Again, not the type of breakfast you'd get at a fancy hotel, but better than I was expecting. In addition to cereal, english muffins and waffles, they offered fresh fruit and yogurt.

However, the best part of my experience and why I'm taking the time to write this review, is that they have a computer with internet access available in the lobby, for free. There is a sign that politely asks you not to use the computer for more than 10 minutes. However, that next day as we were stranded for the afternoon, I really needed to catch up on work (we'd been on vacation and I hadn't brought my laptop with me.) Since I had expected to be home that day, I was very nervous about not being able to check my email and get started on my work that had piled up. While the airport offered free wifi, there were no actual computers. I asked the receptionist if I could use the computer for an hour or so to catch up on work, and she said I could use it as long as I liked, as long as no one else was waiting for it. I was able to get *all* of my work done. My fiance read on the comfy couch, and also watched the flat screen TV in the lobby. They also left the tea and coffee out all day, so we were able to get drinks. All in all, it was an exceptionally pleasant afternoon, and much preferable to hanging out in the airport.

So no, don't book a room here for a vacation, if you're looking for ambiance or fancy fixtures. But for a quick overnight on your way to the airport, it really, truly can't be beat for the price. The customer service, specifically, was exceptional.

2 Thank rebeccaolson
Molena, Georgia
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Great servce clean and pleasant atmosphere.Especially receptionist Ms.Smita Patel is helping and cooperative