My DW and I stayed at this Best Western Plus over Memorial Day/Graduation weekend in Atlanta to attend the Georgia Renaissance Festival, which was about 10 easy miles away from the hotel. It was an average experience.
Price: I booked via Orbitz due to their 15% off coupon that was available, which basically covered the cost of taxes on the room.
Room: It were clean, no problems with any equipment or anything like that.
Beds: The bed was pretty hard, I had a hard time getting comfortable on them, also, for a huge king bed, there were 4 smallish pillows, that when laid side by side, did not even cover the width of the bed. I requested, and went downstairs to get 2 additional pillows for the room, which helped a lot.
Breakfast: Decent selection, Waffle station, sausages, sausage gravy, biscuits, little mini cheese omelets. Food got cold fast, but you could reheat in microwave. Good selection of coffee for a hotel of this level. They do lock up right at 9am.
Service: Semi-lacking. When checking in I presented my Diamond Best Western card which the clerk hardly glanced at, and was informed that since I booked via a third party site, that they couldn't take it. Now, I know that I may not get points for this stay, but I still would expect to receive the upgrades and service that should go along with being such a member. I pointed that out to the clerk, who said nothing for a bit, then said "Thank You for letting me know that you are a diamond member, let me see if we have any upgrades available for you.". I didn't get any as the hotel was fairly full, from what looked to be a bunch of graduation people, which was fine by me, just wasn't quite happy with the attitude that was given by the clerk.
Also, when we got back Saturday evening, we found that all our dirty towels had been taken, without being replaced with clean ones. I had to go down to the front desk to get new towels that evening.
Sunday evening, they left cleaner in the bathroom.
Just seemed like they weren't quite all there with making sure service was quite up to par.
Parking: Tiny parking lot, almost everyone had to do a little dance to get in and out of parking spaces, just wasn't wide enough, and we were in a Civic Coupe, which normally does not have any issues with that.
Location: Perfect for our needs to get to what we wanted to do around Atlanta.
All in all, I might stay here again if the price was right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Closest Best Western at the Atlanta Airport. Only minutes away form the check-in counter for any airline. 5 Story interior corridor hotel built in 2001. Friendly staff and excellent continental breakfast. Heated Spa open everyday. Pool is seasonal. Free Wi-Fi and complimentary shuttle to and from airport/Marta train to downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Best Western, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Hotel & Suites Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Hotel And Suites Airport South
- Best Western Airport South
- Best Western College Park
- College Park Best Western