“Average experience, not great or horrible.”

Best Western Plus Hotel & Suites Airport South
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Hinesville, Georgia, United States
“Average experience, not great or horrible.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My DW and I stayed at this Best Western Plus over Memorial Day/Graduation weekend in Atlanta to attend the Georgia Renaissance Festival, which was about 10 easy miles away from the hotel. It was an average experience.

Price: I booked via Orbitz due to their 15% off coupon that was available, which basically covered the cost of taxes on the room.

Room: It were clean, no problems with any equipment or anything like that.

Beds: The bed was pretty hard, I had a hard time getting comfortable on them, also, for a huge king bed, there were 4 smallish pillows, that when laid side by side, did not even cover the width of the bed. I requested, and went downstairs to get 2 additional pillows for the room, which helped a lot.

Breakfast: Decent selection, Waffle station, sausages, sausage gravy, biscuits, little mini cheese omelets. Food got cold fast, but you could reheat in microwave. Good selection of coffee for a hotel of this level. They do lock up right at 9am.

Service: Semi-lacking. When checking in I presented my Diamond Best Western card which the clerk hardly glanced at, and was informed that since I booked via a third party site, that they couldn't take it. Now, I know that I may not get points for this stay, but I still would expect to receive the upgrades and service that should go along with being such a member. I pointed that out to the clerk, who said nothing for a bit, then said "Thank You for letting me know that you are a diamond member, let me see if we have any upgrades available for you.". I didn't get any as the hotel was fairly full, from what looked to be a bunch of graduation people, which was fine by me, just wasn't quite happy with the attitude that was given by the clerk.

Also, when we got back Saturday evening, we found that all our dirty towels had been taken, without being replaced with clean ones. I had to go down to the front desk to get new towels that evening.

Sunday evening, they left cleaner in the bathroom.

Just seemed like they weren't quite all there with making sure service was quite up to par.

Parking: Tiny parking lot, almost everyone had to do a little dance to get in and out of parking spaces, just wasn't wide enough, and we were in a Civic Coupe, which normally does not have any issues with that.

Location: Perfect for our needs to get to what we wanted to do around Atlanta.

All in all, I might stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
BinaPatel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel & Suites Airport South, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I want to start by thanking you for staying with us and also for bringing several incidents to my attention. We will make every effort to correct these immediately. On behalf of my entire team and myself, I want to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Please consider staying with us again and we will do everything to make your stay a very pleasant one!
Sincerely-Bina Patel-AGM-Best Western Plus Atlanta Airport South

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here overnight, in transit to Cancun from Phoenix. They picked us up at the airport and brought us right to the hotel. There weren't a lot of restaurants close by, but the shuttle driver took us to one that they had recomended. We called the hotel when we were through and they were right there to pick us up. Now that is good service. Check in was a breeze and everyone was very pleasant and friendly. The beds were comfortable and the room quite spacious and very clean. The only downside was that the bathroom was quite tiny. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay very much. Worth staying at for sure.

• Stayed May 2013
BinaPatel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel & Suites Airport South, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our team will do everything possible to keep guests happy, and make sure that their stay is a pleasant one. Thank you for your wonderful compliments and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Atlanta!
Sincerely-Bina Patel- AGM-Best Western Plus Atlanta Airport South
Nevada City, California
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel was acceptable but in a less than safe area. Not a place to go for a walk or jog. It was not up to the standards of what we have come to expect from a Beat Western Plus Hotel. Room was adequate but in need of refurbishing. Hotel and room were reasonably quiet. Good hot breakfast with a number of choices. Staff were friendly but not well groomed. We were visiting Atlanta by car. Hotel may be an acceptable choice if traveling by air but there are better choices for those not using the airport. No desirable restaurants in the area. It is not a hotel that you would recommend but is workable for budget conscious travelers.

Room Tip: Higher floors tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BinaPatel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel & Suites Airport South, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
I want to start by apologizing for not being able to meet your expectations during your last stay with us. We are in the process of refurbishing our rooms and will soon provide a much better experience for our guests. Your comments and concerns are very much appreciated, because they help us improve ourselves and our hotel. Please consider giving us another chance to provide you with a wonderful stay!
Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was here for two weeks and just extended for a third! They made me feel so welcome that I now think about 'going home' when I head back to the hotel. The room is clean, fresh and spacious. The staff has been lovely, even engaging me in sympathetic conversation when they saw me dragging in at the end of a hard day (trying to get my local home in shape for sale since I now live in Costa Rica). Ahhhhhhh, a hot bath at the end of a long day.

Room Tip: Room 100 is an end unit. Nice and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for being our loyal guest! Calling our hotel "Home" is one of the best compliments that can be given to us by our guests. On behalf of our entire team, we appreciate your compliments, and we will continue to strive to make you very satisfied.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My stay here was unplanned, the result of a delayed flight causing a missed connection. The shuttle driver for the neighboring Days Inn took pity on me after I was waiting a while at midnight and brought me to the hotel.

My room was closer to the elevator than any hotel room I have ever had. Any closer and I would have been sleeping IN the elevator. There was less than a foot between the room door and the elevator doors. Once inside the room door, the room itself was down a weirdly long hallway. I realized I was walking alongside the elevator shaft. The room had no closet -- just a small open semi-alcove with a rod and hangers. The microwave sat on the desk because there was nowhere else to put it. Maybe these odd features were the result of cramming a room into the space adjoining the elevator shaft. I have not seen any other rooms in the hotel so I can't say for sure.

Despite the location, the room was amazingly quiet. No elevator noise, no noise from adjoining rooms, no hallway noise. The bed was reasonably comfortable, the pillows were acceptable, and the HVAC worked OK.

However, the overall condition of the room would best be described as tired and in need of updating. Furniture was worn, especially a reclining chair with iffy upholstery. The bathroom door scraped on the floor and was delaminating and cracking along the bottom as a result; it looked rather scuzzy. The lamp and clock at one side of the bed were plugged into an old cheap household-type extension cord going to an outlet in the "closet" alcove. Over at the desk, the microwave, coffee pot and floor lamp were all unplugged. It would have been impossible to plug them all in at once and in any event that was the only place to plug in my phone charger.

For the purpose I was there, the hotel was fine. I would not go out of my way to stay there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I want to start by apologizing for the room that you were assigned to. All of your concerns have been reviewed and will be taken seriously. We will make every effort to correct the ones that are possible to correct. Please accept our deepest apologies for not being able to completely satisfy you.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We booked the room for 2 nights. First night our flight didn't arrive until midnight. We picked up all our luggage at Baggage claim and went out towards ground Transportation where we were being told that all hotels were sold out and therefore we needed to find a different hotel for the night. We were traveling with 2 very small children so we were especially concerned! I called the hotel and Reginald (front desk) said not to worry because since we already have a reservation that a room is waiting for us. He also told us that a complimentary shuttle is on the way to pick us up. We got off the phone and the ground transportation people kept asking which hotel we were needing to go to. We told them Best Western on Phoenix Blvd and they kept telling us that they're sold out and that nobody would be coming to pick us up from there and that we should choose a different hotel! I called Reginald again and said I know we just spoke 5 minutes ago but these people keep saying that everything's sold out! Once again very calmly he told me, Mrs Sanford, don't you worry we have your room ready for you and the driver should be there any minute. Within minutes a driver showed up and a very distraught gentlemen got out saying don't waste your time getting in there! You wont get a room! Everywhere is sold out! I told the man that we had reservations so we're good. He sarcastically replied, I'm sure it will all work out for you then. I stood there dumbfounded. The driver was a nice gentlemen later explained that booking online is different then vouchers issued from the airlines. He said that when a voucher is issued from the airlines its much like a gift certificate for a room in any hotel so long as space is available. He assured us that since we already paid for our room that's a guaranteed reservation. He even said he felt really bad for the man with voucher so he even had gone out of his way driving him to several other hotels in the area for any vacancies. We arrived to hotel greeted by Reginald. Told us to let him know if we needed anything. Room was very nice. First thing we checked was mattress for bedbugs. We were very happy to find mattress in a zippered mattress bag. Very nice clean linen and the bed extremely comfortable! Overall extremely happy with everything except wish that there was a restaurant next door to eat. There was a mc donalds nearby but they were already closed when we arrived late that night. Subway however is open 24 hours but a car was needed for that.

• Stayed April 2013
BinaPatel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel & Suites Airport South, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have forwarded your compliments to my staff and they are delighted and feel very much appreciated for their hard work. If you and your family are in the Atlanta area again, we look forward to hosting you at our hotel once again.
Sincerely-Bina Patel
Best Western Plus Atlanta Airport South
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The airport hotels chains so often look the same - what's to say about them? This one was typical: clean, convenient, good parking, all the things you want in your room (TV, lighting, coffee, comfy beds, good linens). Breakfast was the regular fare and nice, big room with windows and hot food. Fellow guests were all pleasant. Staff was accommodating and nice. We were pulling a trailer with a motorcycle and needed special parking arrangements and the desk clerk was very helpful in letting us park in a close-to-the-door area under the security cameras. I had picked this hotel because of its very reasonable price (around $64 I think) but i am becoming more and more impressed with Best Western Pluses for roadside stays. Have been in about 6 of them recently and all of them fine. This one was also about 5 minutes from the airport but with no airport noise. A good choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BinaPatel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel & Suites Airport South, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
We want to start by thanking you for being our guest and also for reviewing our hotel with detail. Your comments have been shared with our staff and they appreciate the compliments that you have given. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Warm Regards-Bina Patel-Best Western Plus Atlanta Airport South
Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport
#22 of 26 in College Park
Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South
Best Western Plus Atlanta Airport-East

Been to Best Western Plus Hotel & Suites Airport South? Share your experiences!