My stay here was unplanned, the result of a delayed flight causing a missed connection. The shuttle driver for the neighboring Days Inn took pity on me after I was waiting a while at midnight and brought me to the hotel.
My room was closer to the elevator than any hotel room I have ever had. Any closer and I would have been sleeping IN the elevator. There was less than a foot between the room door and the elevator doors. Once inside the room door, the room itself was down a weirdly long hallway. I realized I was walking alongside the elevator shaft. The room had no closet -- just a small open semi-alcove with a rod and hangers. The microwave sat on the desk because there was nowhere else to put it. Maybe these odd features were the result of cramming a room into the space adjoining the elevator shaft. I have not seen any other rooms in the hotel so I can't say for sure.
Despite the location, the room was amazingly quiet. No elevator noise, no noise from adjoining rooms, no hallway noise. The bed was reasonably comfortable, the pillows were acceptable, and the HVAC worked OK.
However, the overall condition of the room would best be described as tired and in need of updating. Furniture was worn, especially a reclining chair with iffy upholstery. The bathroom door scraped on the floor and was delaminating and cracking along the bottom as a result; it looked rather scuzzy. The lamp and clock at one side of the bed were plugged into an old cheap household-type extension cord going to an outlet in the "closet" alcove. Over at the desk, the microwave, coffee pot and floor lamp were all unplugged. It would have been impossible to plug them all in at once and in any event that was the only place to plug in my phone charger.
For the purpose I was there, the hotel was fine. I would not go out of my way to stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Closest Best Western at the Atlanta Airport. Only minutes away form the check-in counter for any airline. 5 Story interior corridor hotel built in 2001. Friendly staff and excellent continental breakfast. Heated Spa open everyday. Pool is seasonal. Free Wi-Fi and complimentary shuttle to and from airport/Marta train to downtown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Best Western, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Hotel & Suites Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Hotel And Suites Airport South
- Best Western Airport South
- Best Western College Park
- College Park Best Western