“Great staff, decor needs updating”

Best Western Plus Hotel & Suites Airport South
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in total as a base for our driving trip.

Pros:
Staff were fantastic, friendly, helpful, cheerful and they sorted out a booking error for us quickly and without any hassle.
Room and hotel had all the amenities you'd expect or require, everything worked as well.
TV's in the rooms are huge.
Complimentary breakfast was very good.

Cons:
Rooms and corridors are in need of some renovation, bathrooms are starting to look a bit past it.
Basic cleaning of the room was done to our satisfaction, but deep-cleaning of the rooms should really be scheduled every now and again as there were a couple small bugs flying out and a slight mustiness in the air.
Some of the people staying at the hotel weren't threatening but perhaps a little intimidating for children on their own or lone women, I guess this is the nature of a relatively cheap hotel so you will have to spend more money on a 4/5 star hotel if you want nicer fellow hotel guests.

Overall:
We were satisfied with this hotel, in particular the very good staff. If we were to stay in the area again, we would probably spend a little more cash and go for something 4*

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aroman_1986
BinaPatel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel & Suites Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

We value your honest feedback. Currently we are in the process of renovations, and hope to deliver a better experience for future guest. I will personally forward your compliments to our entire team on a job well done. Please give us another chance to serve you when you are back in the Atlanta area.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Denise gave very good and polite service.
She was very helpful and answered all my questions.
The room was very nice and clean. I would stay here again. She helped me upgrade to a room with a spa. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Talk to the desk clerk (Denise) she was very helpful! I was very tired after a long day of flying...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

We appreciate your wonderful comments for Denise. She is an asset to our hotel and an incredible person! We are glad you enjoyed the room and would like to welcome you back to our hotel.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was a nice hotel, close to airport, without the noise, and fast, easy freeway access. I chose this hotel because we visited downtown Atlanta, Atlanta Motorspeedway, and Stone Mountain all in one trip. I was centrally located to all these areas. Hotel was clean and the employees were friendly. Breakfast was typical of hotels, nothing special. Parking was interesting as the parking spots were very small. I would stay here again because it was comfortable and very convenient.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the wonderful comments. We strive to make all of our guest happy and satisfied. I do apologize for the parking issue. Please come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

What this hotel lacks it makes up for in being reasonable priced. I booked through orbitz with a flight, but I think it cost me like $80 more to include the hotel which is pretty much bare minimum price. The room was big (bed room and room with couch. It was reasonably clean, and all the lights in the room worked. It also had a microwave, big mini fridge, flat screen TV. The breakfast exceeded my expectations (good coffee, waffle maker, apple juice, orange juice, sausage). Internet service was reasonably fast too.

There is a 8 by 10 ft mini workout room with 4 machines and no free weights. There is a small outdoor pool with 5-10 lounge chairs. There are also vending machines with soda/juice/snacks.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael A

We appreciate your feedback and are delighted that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet. Please come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Having been the victim of a canceled flight that evening, I was not in the best of moods when staying at this hotel. The room was not huge but was big enough. The bathroom was acceptable. One interesting aspect was the remote control. Remote controls tend to be the dirtiest things in hotels. This remote was the type that can be easily cleaned. That was very nice. The breakfast was a nice attempt, but pre-made eggs, gravy and biscuits just do not look good.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ranhorn

Thank you for comments and concerns. We are in the process of many renovations, such as new beds and carpets.We will try to focus on your concerns and appreciate the honest feedback. Please give us another chance to serve you in the future and thank you once again for being a valued guest.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

If you just need a place to stay for a night, then this is a good choice. I would not recommend it for an extended stay. The only place to eat within walking distance is McDonald's. If you want to go somewhere else the hotel will arrange a free shuttle ride, but only to select locations.

The hotel is not that well maintained and the elevator is old and slow. I also found the bed to be very uncomfortable.

Lastly, beware of cab rides. They overcharge visitors because they know you have no other option. I was charged ten dollars over the price quoted.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Rae W
BinaPatel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel & Suites Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in the Atlanta area. Your comments are appreciated, as they will allow us to improve ourselves and our hotel. We will strive to focus on the areas that you pointed out and offer a better experience for our future guests.

Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here one night. Front desk staff were the worst check in took forever. There is not nearly enough parking in the lot I waited for 10 minutes for someone to leave so I could apply butter to the sides of my rental to slide in between two cars. Asked the front desk staff if a decent place to eat and well I got a dirty look and a " I'm don't know". Really. I found a good place on my own though. The beds are rock hard not any comfort to them and very old. I plan to call the corporate office. On the flip side this place is rely close to the airport. If I ever return to Atlanta this is not where I will stay

• Stayed: September 2012
BinaPatel, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Hotel & Suites Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

I want to start by apologizing for not meeting your expectations during your stay. Your comments are appreciated, as they help us to improve ourselves. We are in the process of getting new comfortable beds. We will also work on correcting the other issues that you brought to our attention. I want to once again offer my sincerest apologies to you, our valued guest.