Best Western Plus Hotel & Suites Airport South
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Ontario, Canada
“Good Value”
Reviewed October 12, 2007

Stayed for business. Requested non smoking room, received smoking room. Other than that, room was clean. Internet worked great in the room. Breakfast in the morning was fine. Shuttle service to and from the airport was effecient. Overall, it was a good value for the money.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed October 10, 2007

The hotel is only 2 miles from the airport and was an excellent place to stay since we got in late and were leaving the following morning. It appears to be relatively new place...clean and modern. The price we paid was very reasonable compared to the big chains. Continental breakfast was plentiful for being a continental breakfast. One negative was the towels were poor. Rough and scratchy and not enough of them. The evening check in person was friendly, but spent the whole time on the phone having a personal conversation while she waited on us. Poor supervision.

• Liked — good value and nice clean and modern hotel
  • Disliked — towels
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank slr_7
North Port, Florida
Reviewed September 25, 2007

After visiting Stone Mtn our hotel plans fell through. The wife suggested we get on the highway and look closer to the airport since we were leaving the next morning. It looked like this was the last exit before the airport so we got off. She said that she had stayed at a Best Western before so let's go there.
We asked if they had a room and the woman behind the desk smiled at us and said she could find us one. She also suggested where we could go for both fast food and sit down meals. She also mentioned free cont. breakfast.
The room was BIG & clean. It had a king bed(comfy enough), couch,chair, desk, small frig(temp adjustable & clean), microwave and 27" TV. The bathroom was very clean(a big big plus).
On the way to eat we saw a road for car rental returns which meant we didn't have to get back on the highway. On the way back we filled up the rental car.
Next morning tried the breakfast packed the rental car and 20 mins later was on the shuttle bus from Enterprise Rental to the airport.
We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank compsharp
Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 7, 2007

I enjoyed my stay here.Very good for the students who come to give CS exams.Every morning shuttle goes to the centre at 7:30am.Had high speed internet in room.Very nice rooms and loved the complimentary breakfast here scheduled to 6-9am which also helps early risers like me.Thanks for a nice stay!

• Liked — Its nera to the USMLE CS Test centre and every morning hotel shuttle goes to the test centre
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
California
Reviewed March 29, 2007

Stayed here a night on the front end & a night on the back end of a weekend visit to Atlanta in early March 07. I was immediately struck by how friendly and easygoing the staff was....from the front desk to the maids I encountered in the halls. No one made me feel like I was bothering them, even though I made several trips to the front desk to inquire about this or that.

I had 2 different rooms, and both were spacious, clean, and very comfortable. They also had small refrigerators & microwaves along with free DSL internet access. The complimentary shuttle from the hotel to the aiport left every 30 minutes starting pretty early in the morning, but a cab ride was around $10.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Liked — The staff & the comfortable room
  • Disliked — Limited parking
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank Banshee962
Red Deer, Alberta
Reviewed November 1, 2006

We really enjoyed our stay there, if we had followed the directions given to us, we would have been there within 5 minutes of picking up our rental car from the airport! Easy access to highway, rooms very clean, staff was friendly (with the exception to the night auditor, just ok at that)
Would stay there again, and would recommend it to friends and family. Only thing lacking was the proximity to restaurants so you would need a car to get anywhere.

• Liked — Jacuzzi
  • Disliked — Couch could use a cleaning, put a blanket on it.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LornaC8
Fresno, California
Reviewed October 27, 2006

While visitng a friend in Marrietta, Georgia, I felt the need to escape the house a night early. I found, at the last minute, the Best Western Airport South-College Park. The price was decent, (about $80 including taxes). It was more than I typically spend, but I wasn't being price conscious at that moment and I use the hotels direct reservation site instead of my usual methods. I just wanted to get away from where I was.

Took the MARTA train right to the airport and the got a shuttle (provided by the hotel) to the hotel. This part took a while, but I think I just missed it the first time. I had to call using the courtesy phone. Word of caution: Unless they have updated the board for the dialing codes for all the hotels at the shuttle area, this one is not listed. Get it from the front desk ahead of time, or bring their phone number with you. The shuttle runs about every 30 minutes to/from the airport, but after a certain time you have to call to have a them come get you.

The location of the hotel was only about 5-10 minutes away including traffic stops. Shuttle was comfortable, though a bit of a tight fit. The driver was friendly and had a good rapport with some of the riders who had obviously been staying at the hotel a while. Upon arrival, check-in was a snap. The front counter help was pleasant and informative. The hotel does not have a cafe, but there is a chinese restuarant the delivers there because there is not much in walking distance. I was told though that the shuttle will drop/pick up places, but I wasn't in the mood.

The room itself was clean, large and had everything I needed. The decor was updated mid-priced hotel in styling: Dark woods, mauve/burgundy fabrics. The sleeping sitting areas had a little wall between them to give it seperatation and a suite feel. Check -out, again, was a breeze and the shuttle got me to my early AM flight on time.

The only draw-back was the lack of restaurants in the nearby area. Overall, I would definately stay here again should I return to Atlanta.

• Liked — Large Clean Room
  • Disliked — No nearby restuarants
  • Tips/Secrets — Keep the phone number handy to call the shuttle.
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled solo
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport
Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport
Howard Johnson Atlanta Airport
#21 of 26 in College Park

Been to Best Western Plus Hotel & Suites Airport South? Share your experiences!