“Don't be fooled by the reviews”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Columbia, South Carolina
“Don't be fooled by the reviews”
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Curtis, Brandon and Sharon made our stay comfortable and we felt welcomed with their Southern Hospitality. I will admit I was nervous about staying because of reviews but the rooms were clean and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2012
FFISouth, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your positive experience. I will definitely make sure to share this with the team here at the hotel. I am so glad we were able to make your stay memorable. We look forward to you all visiting with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Yateley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We arrived late before moving on elsewhere so chose an airport hotel. The location was very close. Great, clean room with a massive comfortable bed. Breakfast was really good with lots of choice. If you want dinner Ruby Tuesdays is just up the road.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
FFISouth, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Good day! I wanted to take the time out and thank you for visiting our hotel and for taking the time to share your positive experience with others. Please come and stay with us again soon!

Thanks!
Clarkesville, Georgia
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This is one of those FEW Marriott properties you DON'T want to stay at. Weak management top to bottom makes me wonder why Marriott would permit these folks to continue to be branded under the Marriott flag. I was able to get a VERY simple problem resolved only by going to the parent company of this facility - JHM in Greenville. Also, slovenly housekeeping made for a dirty room upon arrival. NOT what I've come to expect from Marriott properties. Simply stay elsewhere. Preferably a different Marriott property but don't stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MountainMan30523
FFISouth, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Good morning! Let me start by apologizing about the inconveniences of not being to get your lost and found item sent back to you in a timely manner. I am truly sorry that we were not able to reslove your issue immediately. I appreciate you bringing it to our attention so that we were able to correct it. Again, I apologize and want to reassure you that this is not how we operate on a daily basis. You can confident that I have followed up with my staff so that this does not continue to happen.

Thank you!
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Ok so we have stayed in numerous Fairfield's in the past and I have never had an experience such as this one. Upon check in, the front desk staff was very friendly and the room was clean but we left right away for the Brave's game. We got back to the hotel late and discovered there were no available parking spaces.. After speaking with the front desk staff they told us to just park next door at the Courtyard, but they also had no spaces left. Once again speaking to the hotel staff, we were told to park around the corner at a Microtel, but it was ok because they owned that property as well. Walking through an overgrown field in the dark was not ok with me.
Once we got upstairs, the entire floor smelled of marijuana and there was a pillow case tucked under a room close to the elevator. I reported it to the front desk but I'm not sure what came of the situation. I had to spray our room to mask the smell.
The room was nice enough. The beds were not nearly as comfortable as next door at the Courtyard (previous stay) but the room was clean and spacious. However, after using the sink we found out that it didn't drain very well and the shower had the same problem. After a ten minute shower, I was standing in water up to my ankles.
Considering the parking issue we had and then having to report the awful smell to the front desk, I decided to just deal with the problems.
The most dissatisfying part of the stay was the fact that I was told to leave my contact information for a manager to contact me. Apparently, managers do not work on the weekends and the front desk staff isn't really able to do anything aside from sell you a room. I understand they have limited authority so I left my contact information. That was Friday night; it is now Tuesday evening. I know my concerns aren't the most important matter to be dealt with but surely after two full business days, someone could have spared five minutes to call me.
I would not recommend the hotel simply because of the service. Little things go wrong all the time if you travel enough but when effort is not taken to make it right then it makes the situation that much worse. It's a decent hotel but if you're going on a busy night be prepared to park up the road.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank nichol k
Good morning,

I am responding to apologize about you having to park at our other hotel during your stay. I will be honest with you and say that we sometimes run into that issue due to the park and fly program. We monitor it as best we can to make sure it does not impact our guests, but it seems as though we dropped the ball on this night. There is never an excuse for incovneniencing our guests and I am truly sorry that this happened. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention so that we are able to focus more time and energy in that direction. Have a wonderful day and come back and see us when you are in our area.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed twice in one trip - once before an early AM flight out of ATL and again at the end of our trip after a late (1am) flight back in to ATL. The first stay was ok - the hotel is in need of updates to the decor and amenities. The bed looks like it came from a garage sale and the bathroom is just sad. I can live with this, though - it was just a place to sleep for a few hours.

But our 2nd stay at the end of our trip was awful. We got there late and were exhausted. The first room reeked of smoke. When I tried to call the front desk, our room phone didn't work. I called the front desk from my cell and was told the hotel was full but she would call her manager and see if there was anything they could do. In the mean time, a security guy brought up a spray bottle of air freshener. Really?? You want me to clean my own room? At almost 2am? We called the front desk back a few minutes later, at the front desk person's request (room phone didn't work, as you recall), which we did and were told that we would be moved.

My husband walked to the front desk to get the new key (and saw a "lady of the night" leaving a room on his way down, but that's a whole different story...). He was told it was a "diamond suite" but it looked identical to the room we just left. However, it didn't smell like smoke. The bathroom faucet, though, was barely attached to the sink and took some maneuvering to turn off. I do have to say, I was a little miffed at the service - we're Marriott Gold Elite members and this was our first bad experience with a Marriott property.

In the morning, the breakfast area was crowded due to a church group which is fine, but made getting a quick breakfast a little difficult.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel - the service was fair, the room was sub-par, and finishes are in bad need of updating. The only plus I see is the proximity to the airport, but then again there are lots of other hotels close, too. In the future, we'll spend more and stay at the Courtyard next door.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ans0011
FFISouth, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Good afternoon,

I wanted to take some time and apologize to you for the issues you experienced durig your stay at our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention so that we can correct the things that went wrong. Again, I am truly sorry about this and do thank you for choosing our hotel. It is my hope that you would give us another chance in the future to redeem ourselves in your eyes.

The General Manager
Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Upon my return to Germany I had to spend two nights there and it's what to expect for this kind of Hotel close to one of the biggest Airports worldwide...The rooms and bathrooms are clean which is most important to me. Breakfast is as usual, the buffet -style Quickie. Airport Shuttle every 30 min. to ATL Delta Domestic South. Staff was friendly and helpful. A Restaurant is close by within walking distance..approx. 5 mins. away, I think its called "Joe", friendly staff and all kinds of food and drinks served there. All in all, its really ok for a short stay.

Room Tip: Airport Shuttle Bus to Airport connects you to the "MARTA" Train station situated in the D...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Good afternoon! I wanted to take the time and thank you for staying at our hotel. I am glad to know that we were able to meet your expecations. Please stay with us again soon!
Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Chose this hotel because it was close to the airport. Hotel is in major need of an upgrade. Outdated. Pool was broke. Our door barely shut. I've stayed @ several Fairfields and they were all great for the value.... I wouldn't return to this one. Staff is sparse... They could use some additional on hand given the volume coming in & out of this hotel. Some had reservations & they werent honored.... & were sent to another hotel due to over booking.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Jersey227
Good afternoon,

I am emailing to first apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying at our hotel. I am sorry that your door would not shut properly during your stay. I will definitely have my engineer to to check each door floor by floor to ensure that they are all closing properly. I am also sorry that you all had to witness the hotel having to walk some of our guests to another hotel due to being over capacity. We were extremely busy that night and had alot to deal with at the property. I apologize about all of this and would hope that you would stay with us again soon and give us a chance to win you back.

The General Manager