“Your typical average Airport Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
“Your typical average Airport Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

Upon my return to Germany I had to spend two nights there and it's what to expect for this kind of Hotel close to one of the biggest Airports worldwide...The rooms and bathrooms are clean which is most important to me. Breakfast is as usual, the buffet -style Quickie. Airport Shuttle every 30 min. to ATL Delta Domestic South. Staff was friendly and helpful. A Restaurant is close by within walking distance..approx. 5 mins. away, I think its called "Joe", friendly staff and all kinds of food and drinks served there. All in all, its really ok for a short stay.

Room Tip: Airport Shuttle Bus to Airport connects you to the "MARTA" Train station situated in the D...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Good afternoon! I wanted to take the time and thank you for staying at our hotel. I am glad to know that we were able to meet your expecations. Please stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Chose this hotel because it was close to the airport. Hotel is in major need of an upgrade. Outdated. Pool was broke. Our door barely shut. I've stayed @ several Fairfields and they were all great for the value.... I wouldn't return to this one. Staff is sparse... They could use some additional on hand given the volume coming in & out of this hotel. Some had reservations & they werent honored.... & were sent to another hotel due to over booking.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Jersey227
Good afternoon,

I am emailing to first apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying at our hotel. I am sorry that your door would not shut properly during your stay. I will definitely have my engineer to to check each door floor by floor to ensure that they are all closing properly. I am also sorry that you all had to witness the hotel having to walk some of our guests to another hotel due to being over capacity. We were extremely busy that night and had alot to deal with at the property. I apologize about all of this and would hope that you would stay with us again soon and give us a chance to win you back.

The General Manager
Earth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

I stayed here on an overnight trip at the airport. The room was nice except for a dead ladybug on the curtain and a dead bug of unknown species--but not a bedbug--under my pillows. When I asked for a different room, the front desk responded quickly, but the other room was only a little better as it had a live ladybug in the room. The Sullivan Road location is in a better area for the airport compared to other airport hotels, and the shuttle was reliable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dfbf
FFISouth, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Good morning! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel. I apologize about the bugs in your room. This Spring has been a task with trying to keep the lady bugs out of the building. I appreciate you sharing this with us and giving us a chance to correct the problem. i will definitely make sure to address these issues with our rooms staff so that we pay a little bit closer attention to the details.

Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to welcoming you back!
Lancashire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed here due to flight changes so we had an overnight stay before continuing on our honeymoon.

When we arrived we went to the shuttle area and spoke to the driver that had our hotel named on his bus parked in the hotel’s bay, he advised he was not on but another bus would be by in a few mins....it wasn't. we called the hotel who told us the same thing 30 mins later we were still waiting, airport staff seeing us waiting then also called, finally it arrived after around 45 mins of waiting not a great start!

When we got to the hotel we were told initially that we would have twin beds, we advised it was our honeymoon and showed the hotel vouchers showing the honeymoon request she then advised the best she could do was a twin double and that was it...no congrats or anything it was like we bothered her.

On getting to our room the keycard did not work so my husband had to go back down for her to tell him it hadn’t been activated!

After all that we were just happy to get into our room, change and get something to eat, we decided to place items in our safe but noticed it had no lock, however we then also read in the brochure that high value items should be placed in the hotel safe on reception so we bagged everything up and took it downstairs you can imagine our shock when the same girl tells us they have never had a safe downstairs and then says we wouldn’t (if we wanted) be able to change our room as we've’ utilised it’! To be honest on any other occasion that would have been it as she had got on my last nerve and her customer service was zero but as it was our honeymoon we just went back up and locked it in our suitcases but surely a safe is a basic especially when your own in room literature tells us you have one in room or use the one on reception.

When we came down we waited at reception to find out some more about where was good to eat but after no one came round to us after a few mins and our previous experience we decided we'd sort ourselves out.

The best part about being at the hotel was going to Ruby Tuesdays (just a few yards down the road) for our dinner where the service and food were impeccable and they even gave us cheesecake to take due to the fact it was our honeymoon.

Breakfast was a nothing just items in a fridge for you to heat yourself in a microwave, together with cereals, breads, tea, coffee, waffle maker etc. but to be honest we were just happy to be continuing onto Mexico for our honeymoon- See review on Secrets Maroma coming soon.

We would never stay here again as the staff had no customer service at all and good staff make a hotel!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BABY30
FFISouth, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Let me start by apologizing about the inconveniences you experienced while at our hotel. I am truly sorry to see that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. I can I can assure you that we strive daily to please each and every guest; you are no exception. I apreciate you taking the time to share your expereince with me. You can be confident that I will share this with my staff and use it as a training tool to ensure that it does not happen to other guests. It is only through our guest feedback that we are able to continuously improve upon our service. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport, it is my hope that you would return and give us another chance to demonstrate our commitment to our comfort.

The General Manager
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were recently in town for a religious observance and stayed at the Fairfield for 10 nights. The rooms were clean, breakfast was sufficient and the staff was wonderful. I had a flare-up of a re-occuring back injury and also took advantage of the whirlpool. I would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
FFISouth, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel. Please do come back and stay with us again soon, we would love to have you!
Northamptonshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

We stayed here for one night after a flight from London, prior to setting off on a trip around Georgia and the Carolinas. The hotel was only a short ride away via the hotel's courtesy bus, the lobby area was clean and well appointed and the reception staff were friendly and welcoming. We were given room 233, which had a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and, most importantly, a comfortable bed.
The price of water in the mini-market behind the reception desk - $2.41 for a small bottle seemed a bit steep - and there was no freshly prepared food at breakfast (I stayed at a Crowne Plaza near Phoenix airport in 2008 where fresh omelettes were being prepared), but they were only minor concerns.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
FFISouth, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I am glad to know that we met your expectations during your stay! I do apologize but as of right now the only freshly prepared breakfast item we have at the hotel are the waffles and the oatmeal. Hopefully this will be changing soon. Thank you staying with us, come see us again soon!
Columbus, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

The idea of parking the car,sleeping then getting shuttled to the airport was tempting to us. We will definitely do it this way from now on. The desk clerk was so nice and we were so surprised to get upgraded to a suite which was beautiful. The bed was wonderful and so comfortable. We had a very early flight and the shuttle was right on time and loaded our luggage and dropped us at AA at curbside. Upon returning to Alanta's airport the shuttle again took us back to the Fairfield and we picked up our car. This package was very reasonable and an easy way to park,sleep and go!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BJCasey
FFISouth, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Good day traveler! I am so glad to hear that we fit what you were looking for in an airport hotel. It is my hope that you would come back and see us again soon! Thank you so much for sharing the kind comments about your experiene and thank you for staying with us!