“Glad it was only for one night”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Lacey, Washington
“Glad it was only for one night”
Reviewed February 7, 2008

Check in/Location/Amenities
On the website, the hotel appears to be brand new, but definitely is a few years old. The hotel is off 85, going south is one exit after the airport. I found it very difficult to find, as my GPS didn't have the first left you turn onto correct and had to turn around at a gas station. If you see an Embassy Suites, you can turn there and then make a left onto Sullivan. Is very close to some other hotels, Courtyard and Sheraton. Staff was fine, friendly, gave me the essential info about breakfast. Lobby was large, had a TV, sofa and some chairs to sit in. There is a nice business center off the lobby with a printer available. The small fitness center has a treadmill, elliptical and bike. They have a snack shop you can buy from, vending machines appeared to have cans available which was old school.

Room
Because I was given a wheelchair accessible room (which I didn't ask for and wasn't given a choice at check-in), my closet was literally 2' off the ground. My pants wouldn't even clear this so I used a chair. There is a microwave and fridge in the room with a very small coffeemaker and counter top (which isn't wheel chair accessible, so go figure). There is a large desk with a chair and free high speed worked well. Plenty of electrical outlets at the desk which is helpful. The bed was fine, slightly firm and my foam pillows weren't too flat, linens were clean. Bathroom was very large, clean and they give you very small shampoo, conditioner and lotion.

Here are my peeves, connecting doors. Can you say noise magnets? I really loathe connecting/adjoining rooms as you can pretty much hear everything in the room next to you. Have no idea if the whole hotel has these, but not good. Because the bathroom is wheelchair accessible the shower is an absolute joke for those who aren't in a wheelchair. There is a shower wand that doesn't do anything but come off the stick, so basically you have to be right under it to try and take a shower or take the wand off and try and shower yourself that way. Not a happy camper as I didn't feel clean afterwards. And then you have the planes. If you go to the hotel's website you'll see they have some type of "noise reduction technology." Really? Fooled me as the planes sound like they are landing next door. I guess you can't win much at a hotel near the airport.

Don't get me wrong, the hotel was clean and was being utilized by a lot of business travelers and had a decent rate. If I had been given a regular room with a non-connecting door, I wouldn't have had any problems except for plane noise. However, all I can say, I'm glad this was only for one night. I've had much better experiences at Fairfield's before, but I will say this, I'm booked at one at the end of the month in Florida. If that goes sour I'm all but done with this chain.

• Liked — Price, friendly staff, good free breakfast
  • Disliked — Noise, handicapped room not friendly to those not disabled
  • Stayed February 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank RedHeadGo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Atlanta GA
Reviewed January 20, 2008

I painted myself into a corner by volunteering to work at our satellite office at Hartsfield-Jackson Airport in Atlanta before realizing this day was going to be a winter storm watch situation for our area.

Since I had promised, and wanted to keep my word, I decided to book myself at some airport-area lodging with an Airport Shuttle so I could park my vehicle and take the shuttle to and from the job for this one day. I figured they would probably be running pretty much no matter how bad our weather became. As the winter storm juggled out to be an event, but not as bad as it might have been, I would have been okay had I stayed home, but I did enjoy my little working-vacation getaway at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. I selected this hotel through the Marriott website (so to garner myself some more Marriott Rewards points.) The AAA discount rate helped lower the price for me.

I chose the Fairfield Inn & Suites from the three Marriott airport options because the website indicated the room included a micro-fridge, which I just about insist on any more. These were indeed in my room and worked well; there was also the little mini-coffee-maker, a customer coin-operated laundry down the hall (which I didn't use but was glad was there) and my favorite, the free breakfast in the lobby, which, I must say, had a pretty good selection, considering it was not a steam-table type buffet. Right next door was the Courtyard by Marriott and out my window I could see a little further distant the big Marriott.

The lobby was really cozy with the gas firelogs going. Perfect for the little wintery snowy snap. The next morning before time to go to work, I went to the buffet. I gathered my coffee, juice, hot waffle and apple and sat over by the wide-screen tv to eat and watch the tv as our Southern television stations reported "Live From the Scene of the Flake," as I call it ;>)

The hotel was clean, my room was clean and the bed really comfy. I don't have any complaints at all. Everyone was friendly and helpful and the shuttle was just the thing for my purposes.

I would definitely consider Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South for another stay.

• Liked — Close proximity to Atlanta airport, micro-fridge, breakfast buffet, Airport Shuttle
  • Disliked — No negative comment; everything was just fine.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank annsplans
Courtyard Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#6 of 26 in College Park

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road? Share your experiences!