On the website, the hotel appears to be brand new, but definitely is a few years old. The hotel is off 85, going south is one exit after the airport. I found it very difficult to find, as my GPS didn't have the first left you turn onto correct and had to turn around at a gas station. If you see an Embassy Suites, you can turn there and then make a left onto Sullivan. Is very close to some other hotels, Courtyard and Sheraton. Staff was fine, friendly, gave me the essential info about breakfast. Lobby was large, had a TV, sofa and some chairs to sit in. There is a nice business center off the lobby with a printer available. The small fitness center has a treadmill, elliptical and bike. They have a snack shop you can buy from, vending machines appeared to have cans available which was old school.
Because I was given a wheelchair accessible room (which I didn't ask for and wasn't given a choice at check-in), my closet was literally 2' off the ground. My pants wouldn't even clear this so I used a chair. There is a microwave and fridge in the room with a very small coffeemaker and counter top (which isn't wheel chair accessible, so go figure). There is a large desk with a chair and free high speed worked well. Plenty of electrical outlets at the desk which is helpful. The bed was fine, slightly firm and my foam pillows weren't too flat, linens were clean. Bathroom was very large, clean and they give you very small shampoo, conditioner and lotion.
Here are my peeves, connecting doors. Can you say noise magnets? I really loathe connecting/adjoining rooms as you can pretty much hear everything in the room next to you. Have no idea if the whole hotel has these, but not good. Because the bathroom is wheelchair accessible the shower is an absolute joke for those who aren't in a wheelchair. There is a shower wand that doesn't do anything but come off the stick, so basically you have to be right under it to try and take a shower or take the wand off and try and shower yourself that way. Not a happy camper as I didn't feel clean afterwards. And then you have the planes. If you go to the hotel's website you'll see they have some type of "noise reduction technology." Really? Fooled me as the planes sound like they are landing next door. I guess you can't win much at a hotel near the airport.
Don't get me wrong, the hotel was clean and was being utilized by a lot of business travelers and had a decent rate. If I had been given a regular room with a non-connecting door, I wouldn't have had any problems except for plane noise. However, all I can say, I'm glad this was only for one night. I've had much better experiences at Fairfield's before, but I will say this, I'm booked at one at the end of the month in Florida. If that goes sour I'm all but done with this chain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Atlanta Airport South is ideally located minutes from everything Atlanta has to offer. Just one mile from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, our hotel offers free airport shuttle and parking for each night of a paid stay. Our Atlanta Airport hotel is minutes from Downtown Atlanta, Georgia International Convention Center, Turner Field, The Georgia Aquarium, and The Atlanta Motor Speedway. Arrive to a stylish lobby, explore our spacious guest rooms and suites or work out in our 24 hour fitness center. Our meeting facilities are ideal for small to mid-sized groups and our business center with high-speed internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Marriott, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road Hotel College Park
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Atlanta Airport South/Sullivan Road
- Fairfield Inn College Park
- Fairfield College Park
- College Park Fairfield Inn