“Microtel Inn, College Park”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Airport
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Walked in and female clerk at the desk was very aggressive. Not a comforting greeting at all, she seemed very sarcastic & had an issue repeating herself when I asked due to me not being able to understand her thick African accent fully. Sheets in my room were dirty & the washcloth had hair in it. Sheets & bathroom linen took 3 personal trips to the desk to finally get replaced. Won't be staying at this location again

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
carolinem M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

I apologize for the inconvenient I personally helped you and I look forward to serving you again

Write a ReviewReviews (1,092)

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Absolutely terrible. Dirty. Scary. Unhelpful. Booked through Stay Park and Fly. Hotel is attractive because of the price but the rationale of "well, Im only going to spend 8-10 hours here prior to my very early morning flight" doesn't pay off. Pay a little more and stay at a much better hotel. This one is in terrible repair. The rooms are very small and the room we were in was dirty as well as the entire hotel. I booked solely to drop my car and use their shuttle to and from the airport. I had a 0600 international departure which precluded me from using their shuttle - earliest departure was at 4:40 am which would have made getting checked in on time an adventure. I asked if they could make an earlier run to which they said No, but gave me the number to a car service. The fee over the phone was $20, but as I got dropped at the international terminal I was charged $32 as "the $20 dollar fare is only to the domestic terminal." Needless to say I felt as if we were set up by the hotel.
As we were waiting for the car at 4:15 am their were a number of people checking in. A very seedy group to say the least.
My wife said, "if we had the kids with us, I would have refused to stay there".
Bottomline, we've stayed in Microtels before. This is the absolute worst one I have ever seen, I don't know how Wyndam maintains this as one of their properties.
Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

thank you for your review the issues you have raised are being addressed

Reviewed May 21, 2014

An unscheduled overnight in Atlanta, GA due to flight delays brought us to this hotel.
The airline gave us a number to call to get a discount on our stay. Of the three options, we chose the most expensive one.
First, the shuttle never came. We called several times and were told that it was coming. We found out the shuttle stopped running at midnight. That should have been our cue.
This is a Wyndham property so we thought we were safe.
Horrified and helpless were our initial reactions. The front lobby was small, disorganized. There were shoe marks behind the counter. The elevator was dirty. The carpets were filthy.
There were 2 younger men that showed up in the lobby that seemed to know the front lobby person who looked stoned.
We asked for a non-smoking room. The entire floor had no smoking signs on the door but the hallway wreaked smoke. The room was dingy. There were no blankets on the bed, just sheets. The sheets were stained...like someone just got serviced there. I am not kidding. Is this an hourly hotel?
We did not stay and ended up walking the streets of Atlanta at 1am to find a decent hotel. Please don't subject yourself to an awful experience. You deserve better.

Room Tip: choose a room in a different hotel...that's the only way you will get a good room
1  Thank PATRICIA W

your feedback is extremely vlauable to us and we utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best we can.

I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and be assured all the issues you have raised are being addressed

Reviewed May 21, 2014