“REPLACE THIS HOTEL'S MANAGEMENT!!!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Airport
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Detroit, MI
“REPLACE THIS HOTEL'S MANAGEMENT!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

Not what I usually expect from Microtel. I am very disappointed with this location! This place is in very bad shape. Microtel needs to pay this location alot of attention to bring it up to standards. I felt bad for the young man who was working the night we checked in. I believe his name is Josh. He was the only staff member working (from 4pm - 1 am). How does a hotel do that? It happened to be a busy time with check-ins as well as customers having issues with the hotel (No towels, No kleenex, No cups). He was running around the hotel trying to take care of everyone's complaints, all while running the desk. The room I was in had obvious repairs from water damage and needed more repairs. I fixed the bathroom door handle that was about to fall off. After I had showered the next morning, I discovered the towels had some hairs on them. I had to dry off with a hand towel. So here's my suggestions for who ever is in charge. 1: Replace the person, or people, running this hotel. 2: Have a house keeping staff member working the late shifts. 3: Hire someone who can order supplies properly so supplies are stocked. 4: If the first three aren't woth changing, then drop this location from your chain. Finally, kudos to Josh. He's a nice guy who works hard. He took care of what we needed, along with all the other complaints, without complaining himself.

Room Tip: Avoid this location.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
carolinem M, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to post your comments on trip advisor.I apologize that your exeperience was below your expectations,our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve,but to exceed to ur expectations to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us,feedback such as your tells us what we are doing wrong and what we are doing right and help us improve ,please know that your comments and issues will be addresed.

Its is our hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

if I can provide any assistance,don't hesitate to contact me directly at 770 994 3003

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

Worst hotel. Dirty. Holes in the wall. Visible dirt on carpet; carpet frayed and lifting. Bathroom still had stuff in it from last occupant. Non smoking room smelled of smoke; staff were burning incense to cover odor in hotel. Terminex treatment signs in room suggesting previous problems with roaches or bed bugs. No towels in room when we got there; front desk made us go to get them ourselves. Pay an extra ten bucks per might and stay at another budget hotel!

• Stayed April 2012
carolinem M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thanky you for taking your time to post your comments,am saddened to hear that you didnt enjoy your stay,we are budget hotel,affordable and economical brand,we take every comments from our guest seriously as they let us know what we are doing wrong and what we are doing right.

Please accept my sincere apologies we look forward to serving your furture lodging needs.

Sincerely
Microtel inn

Travelers are raving about these College Park hotels

Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012 via mobile

I am usually a Microtel all the way. I like the budget hotel with a clean hospitable staff. This place was comparable to transient hotels or hostels I have stayed in. The room had a terminex sticker in the bathroom, smelled like smoke (despite it being a non-smoking room) and was not the cleanest. Everything was run down and old. I am not a picky person and have stayed at other places all over the world, but this place was clearly only worth $38 a night. The front desk staff were great and the service is an A+

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank mzdpendent
carolinem M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of yours schedule to post your comments on trip advisor,I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.our goal is to not only to meet your needs of each and every guest we serve,but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.Please know that your feedback is valuable to us.

Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our sevrice and property on a daily base,in addition,please know that your comments and issues will be addressed,

its our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.if you need any assistance contact me direct at 770 994 3003

Sincerely
Microtel Inn Atlanta Airport
Detroit, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

After a long day of driving from Detroit to Atlanta, I was beat. I didnt have a place to stay as my friend was not home from work yet. I looked immediately on expedia.com and got a rate of $58.00/night. Brow beaten by the heat and the long drive, I was told check in was not until 3pm. Seeing as I was nearing tears from exhaustion it was only 1130am; Sharmayne with a "Y" was nice enough to call me on my cell phone when the room was ready. The room #119 was a God sent for a tired woman. No complaints, it was very clean and comfortable. I just wished I got up earlier for the complimentary breakfast, it was gone by 8:30am!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ddstarr
Thank you so much for your comments,we look forward to serving your future lodging needs
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Worst stay ever. Upon check in I was greeted with, "We ain't got no towels, so don't ask!" when I went to the room there were holes in the walls and it smelled like cigarettes, dog and urine. Immediately left and went to the la Quinta down the street. Don't stay!!!!

• Stayed March 2012
I am concerned about the situation you encountered at our hotel during your recent Visit. I am writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all at a reasonable price. Consequently, it is disappointing to learn that you were unhappy.
Please accept my sincere apology.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you have raised are being addressed and that appropriate action has been taken. We take pride in our hotel and do our best to prevent problems from occurring.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us,please accept this as a way of saying we need your business, as a come back guest, We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Cincinnati
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

We stayed one night at the Atlanta airport and our daughter used the park and fly service. The motel itself had a few drawbacks (no shampoo, minimal breakfast) but the rooms are well-designed and the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

OK the room are ok, bathroom is moldy and not very clean. Maintenance seams to take a step back. I have stayed here twice because it was so cheap and I arrived late and left early but both times the cops where called in the wee hours of the morning for some unknown to me reason.
Again its close to ATL but did I really feel safe, mhm probably not

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo