“Good choice for the airport” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South

Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Good choice for the airport”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

I did not use the shuttle and it was nice to see parking was free.
Check in could be improved. Hotel was fully booked during my stay and the poor receptionist was overwhelmed (and the space was narrow)
Noise level was ok for being close to the airport. Room was clean and comfy.
Great rate for such airport.
Did not do breakfast.
Wish there were more food options within walking distance.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank EJ F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed here just for the night as we were flying out the next morning. We arrived about 9 at night. The shuttle was outside when we came out. It was for the Hyatt and Holiday Inn so you might miss it if you weren't paying close attention. Check in was super quick. Rooms were clean and large. My minor compliant was that there is only one TV and the reception was bad (wavy.) But as we there for only the night it didn't really matter to us. No vending machines, so you need to go to the lobby for drinks. The skillet breakfast was good, the basics oatmeal, cereal, eggs, bagels, toast etc. Juice and coffee included. Shuttle to airport left on time. I would stay here again for an overnight transfer but probably not for a vacation unless you have a car because there is nothing else close by except other hotels.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ApoloniaTraveller
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

I needed a place near the airport for 2 nights and this was perfect. The price was right and the room was very spacious, well decorated and very clean. The business amenities (USB plugs, extra electrical outlets, desk etc.) were really well thought out. The shuttle was timely and free wi-fi is always a plus. A+++ for this place.

1 Thank LouisianaDean
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I am staying at this property for a total of 7 days right night, due to a business meeting and I am writing this review from my hotel room.
It is my day 3 and I do not regret to have booked this property.

My stay with this property started with an negative experience.
I called the hotel twice before my trip to inquire about the shuttle from the airport to the hotel as I was arriving late at night. I was assured there is a shuttle every half hour. (top and bottom of the hour)
Arrived at the airport at 1145pm and made it to the airport shuttle pickup area by 1220pm.
I called the hotel while walking to the pickup area and was told at 1230am there will be a shuttle.
A lot of other hotel shuttles where there and they made 3 roundtrips when finally my hotel shuttel showed up at 120am!!!!
I waited nearly 1 hour in the freezing cold, and while waiting I called the hotel 3 times (had to pay roaming charges on my cell) as this hotel was not on the hotel phone which is located right
at the shuttle pickup.
during my calls i told them I was waiting and all other hotel shuttles are coming and going.
Around 1255am I was told the shuttle is leaving at 105am from the hotel. then finally 120am the shuttle arrived. after telling the driver I am waiting nearly an hour already, the driver replied that she was there just before 1am. which I told her was not true, as I waited and I also called the hotel two times and I was told the shuttle is still there and will be leaving 105am.
Anyways go to the hotel, was upset and complained about the shuttle service.
The two staff at the front desk were very very nice and apologized and noted down my complain. checked me in very quickly and they offered me a complimentary meal from the menu and a drink to compensate me for a bad start. I thought this was a nice gesture.
I did advise them that I would like to talk to a manager and I was advised a manager will contact me the next day. Unfortunately nobody did.
Unfortunately waiting for nearly 1 hour in the cold, I caught a cold.
Despite my bad start, the rest is great.

Staff is very friendly, rooms are clean, the gym is clean and they have good quality equipments, the menu (no room service) is excellent, breakfast buffet is nice (not to much selection) and having complimentary wify is a nice treat.

If you are thinking to stay at this property, please go ahead and you will not be disapp

1 Thank GK R
Kankakee, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

The Hyatt Place brand is the most economical in the Hyatt portfolio, and the concept is extremely well thought out and delivered. They have trimmed some of the less important frills while maintaining very high quality with much less sticker shock than is typical at other Hyatt offerings.

We stayed two separate nights, coming and going to a trip in Florida. The hotel was a great choice. The location worked well for us. During our first stay, we spent an extremely hot Friday at Six Flags. The GPS surprisingly routed us straight through downtown that afternoon to avoid a messy accident backup on the bypass. We made it to the hotel after a short quick ride and had some time for a refreshing dip in the pool - towel service is provided, a nice perk.

We enjoyed the onsite dining. . . after we got used to the unique concept. Here goes. It's not room service per se, and it's not full-service restaurant dining either. There's a menu in your room. The prices are pretty reasonable and there is something to appeal to everyone. You cannot order from your room phone. You go down the front desk and place your order. Then you can either wait in the lobby or head back to your room for about 15 minutes, when you will go back down and pick it up, like takeout. No tipping. No really, they mean it.

My husband noted that someone was complaining about this all not being very convenient, that they expect true room service at a Hyatt. He overheard the patient explanation that this format allowed high quality onsite meal service at less than half the price of a traditional Hyatt. The rooms, too, are less than half the price of most other Hyatts, even though they are all suites with separate sitting areas with a BIG, comfortable fold out sofa bed. In other words, larger, nicer rooms than at many other Hyatts.

Hot breakfast was excellent. Service was extremely courteous, very much to Hyatt standard. Hotel common areas and rooms are spotless. There are no bellmen, but there are luggage carts you can use to haul up your stuff. For a road trip, we appreciated being on the quiet outskirts of the city for these two overnights. The value for the quality is outstanding. Hyatt Place is a small, limited chain that only serves large urban markets. You will not find them along random interstate exits. But they are so good and such a great deal that it's almost worth planning stops around them!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank KmomChicago
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stay here every year for a conference at GICC near the airport. This hotel is always clean. The free breakfast is one of the best hotel breakfasts I have experienced. They also have purchased food options available in their small cafe/bar for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The best thing about this hotel is that the staff is always extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank A D
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

This Hyatt Place is convenient to the ATL airport, and MARTA rail from their if you are interested in exploring the city. The shuttle service is reliable. It is very clean and the staff are very willing to help. Rooms are spacious, and basic food and beverage service. Lobby computer was down one day for the guest, and staff were very apologetic and kept guest updated.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Sheraton Atlanta Airport Hotel
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South? Share your experiences!