Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Arrived very late from 10 hours of flying for an overnight layover.. Greeted by Pam? Unfortunately, I can't remember her name.. But she made out brief stay amazing and because of her primarily we look forward to staying at this Hyatt location again. The room was amazing! 24 hour food available in lobby. Not far from airport. Just simply great!

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Finding the shuttle to the Hyatt Place can be a bit tricky, as there is a Hyatt Place North and a Hyatt Place South and both have shuttle service from the same place. The Hyatt Place logo is tiny on the back of the shuttle, so keep an eye out for it as the same shuttle services multiple hotels. Once you get in the right shuttle it is a short jaunt to the hotel. If you arrive during happy hour you may find yourself overcrowded as the bar and front desk are one and the same pretty much. The lobby itself is upscale but definitely on the small side. Get familiar with this room, it's where you'll be getting all your services, from meals, check-in and check-out and the occasional cocktail. It seemed that every employee behind the counter was tasked with any of the above services so just grab one and tell them what you need. Once you settle in you'll find the rooms are spacious and comfortable and newly remodeled. The beds and bathroom are in great shape and there is a variety of pillows to choose from if you're picky about firmness. The work area is perfect, with a comfortable desk chair and plenty of plugs and ports for all your gadgets. The centralized location, no need for a car rental and proper facilities make the hotel a great choice for small to medium sized meetings, especially given that ATL is a hub.

Room Tip: There are rooms across from the elevators, avoid them.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2013

It was our first time staying at a Hyatt place and it will not be our last. Great hotel for families as room has extra living area space. The decor was modern and bed was very comfortable. The location was very close to the carrentals at the airport, which was great after a long flight. It was also very convenient that we were able to have a nice meal in the lobby when we arrived as we were too tired to go out for dinner. Breakfast was also good and best of all included in the price. Staff was very nice and check in/check out was quick. Would choose this hotel again and would recommended to friends.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The hotel is a 5 minute ride from the domestic terminal of ATL away. The lobby looks is small but cozy and warm. The ladies at the front desk are just lovely. The rooms are big enough for a small family. Our beds were big with crisp white linens. There is notmuch around, but its a good choice to stay.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had an interview in Atlanta, so I chose to stay at The Hyatt Place because I liked the fact they had free wifi and also free breakfast. I arrived at the airport quite early, and the some of the staff was really helpful in getting me a room right away so I could rest. They also arranged a cab for me the next morning to take me, and a couple of my friends to the interview. There was a young man who helped me when I came in, but the other two ladies behind the front desk didn't bother to pay attention to the fact that I was standing there.

The rooms were nice, and spacious. The bed was also very very comfy. One thing that I noticed though, was that I could hear the water running in the shower (next door) and I thought that was a bit strange. Also in the middle of the night, the AC all of a sudden was extremely loud (lasted about 30 seconds) but it definitely woke me up. The channels available on the TV weren't the best. The breakfast was ok...there was a good variety but I wouldn't say it was the healthiest choices.

The complimentary shuttle was great! Every single driver that I came in contact with were so nice. If you're looking for a restaurant nearby, don't go to Malone's! The food and service we had there was terrible.

Other than that it was a nice place, but I think I'd choose another place to stay when I return to Atlanta.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Cassandra C
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport for one night and I was very pleased with my room and my stay there. Check-in was so pleasant. The young lady anticipated my needs and arranged for a cab the next morning with Barry for 0630am. He was waiting for me the next morning right on time. My room was spacious, very clean, plenty of towels and hot water. The bed was comfortable. The shuttle drivers were helpful and friendly. There were several of us in the lobby trying to take photographs and the young lady at the counter offered to take pictures for us. Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had a business meeting at a nearby hotel. We stayed at the Hyatt because we got a better rate. The room was clean and comfortable. The mini fridge wasn't working well and someone came up to fix it, no problem. Complimentary breakfast was very good and had a lot of selection.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South? Share your experiences!