“Always a good nights sleep”

Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
Evans, Georgia
“Always a good nights sleep”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Once again another good stay.
This is the second time I have stayed here this year.
Its always clean and quiet.
The staff are very professional and care about your comfort.
I will always request this location when traveling to Atlanta for business.

• Stayed May 2014
EniskaS S S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Bobby B,

Thank you for your 5 star rating and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are happy that your stays are always exceptional. The staff here genuinely care about our guest and we are constantly making changes so that we deliver excellent service to ensure your comfort. Come back and visit us soon we look forward to your stay.

Thank you from the team at Holiday Inn Atlanta South
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
florida
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed one night. The staff welcomed me warmly. The room (King NS) was very nicely appointed, comfortable and spacious. The room was not yet updated to modern, but it looked new, clean and well maintained. I prefer this traditonal style compared to Holiday Inn's new updated modern style. The pillows seemed old, but that is the only issue I saw.The bath was unique with a door that could close off the entire bathroom or just the toilet section. This is an airport hotel and I did hear a plane before midnight and was not surprised or bothered because I knew where I was. The lobby and restaurant are updated. The restaurant is absolutely stunning in the use of materials. Wood, cement, marble, tile, porcelain, and it all comes together like an Architectural Digest cover. Beautiful. I ordered breakfast and it was exactly as I ordered it. My scrambled eggs were yellow without any gross brown/ griddle residue anywhere and my pancakes were fluffy and filled with fresh blueberries. The coffee was very good.The waitress was friendly and helpful. When I entered through the back door from the parking lot, I was concerned. The carpet was quite soiled and the area looked dingy. On my room floor, the hallway carpet was being cleaned, hopefully they have made it to the back entryway. I felt safe in the parking lot. It is an airport area and it is Atlanta. But I know what scary places look like and this isn't one of them.There is also a new hamburger/craft beer restaurant which I did not get to try, but the menu looked good. I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the back side and heard a plane at night. I don't know if being on the front side wo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear n2bn,

Thank you for your 4 star rating and for taking the time to give us your feedback. The entire hotel was recently renovated to include the pillows so I am sorry that the pillows seemed old.Holiday Inn Atlanta South is constantly working to improve the guest experience and your feedback will assist us in future changes to ensure that your stay is exceptional every time. We are happy to you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.

Ohio
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Clean and updated property with nice rooms. Onsite restaurant was okay since you can't walk anywhere to get good near by. Questionable location at best, we did or feel safe walking outside in the night.
Airport shuttle wasn't very user friendly, waited more than 45 minutes and the staff wasn't very helpful. Overall, somewhere to sleep , they charge an arm for parking.

• Stayed February 2014
EniskaS S S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Jimmy_OhioState,

Thank you for your 4 star rating and for taking the time to give us your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience the $6.00 parking fee may have caused you, we are always looking for new ways to improve your stay and we will definitely consider the parking rate in the future. Also, we have onsite security and the local police are very visible in the airport area so safety is our number one priority and guest do walk around the area frequently as well as utilize the walking path located just behind the hotel. We hope that you would return and allow us an opportunity to Change Your View!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We used their stay and park feature and were very pleased with our stay and the protection provided to our vehicle. The room was clean and well appointed. We had to leave very early to catch a plane. Their shuttle service was friendly and helpful in getting us to the right place for our flight. We will look to book this hotel again when we get ready to fly out of Atlanta

Room Tip: Ask for the discounts from AAA, AARP, etc. they are willing to give what they can
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
EniskaS S S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Michael3735,

Thank you for staying with us and your 5 star rating. We are pleased that your experience was exceptional and look forward to your return.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed overnight while on a road trip. The room was clean and comfortable. Like the reviewer below me, I concur that housekeeping needs to be better. When I went to take a shower before bed, I noticed open and used shampoo and conditioner bottles in the shower. Gross. I was unable to to complete my shower because I was unsure if it was actually clean or not. I also had a room on the fourth floor and I think facing the airport or something because I heard planes taking off until about midnight and then they started up again the next morning around 6 am. When I checked out the next morning, the manager suggested that I come back and stay a long weekend. I just laughed to myself. No way! It worked for an overnight stay, but I wouldn't stay more than that. On the plus size the lobby was very nice and modern looking and parking is only $6/night.

Room Tip: A room that is not facing the airport
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank GoldenKitty
Dear GoldenKitty,

Thank you for taking the time to give on us feedback on your stay. We apologize for housekeeping not being of the standards that you have come to expect and deserve. I can assure you that this will be addressed and resolved. Please return for that "long weekend" and allow us an opportunity to "Change Your View"

SC, USA
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Am a fairly new platinum IHG rewards member and was put on the top (6th) floor. Room was fine other than the housekeeping. There was a plastic knife left on the bedside table, some hair in the bathroom, and a couple of stains on the wall near the toilet paper holder. The bed was comfy, wifi worked well, and the rest of the room was fine. It was quiet for an airport hotel and the shuttle was prompt and on time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Jarvol,

Thank you for being a Platinum Rewards member and for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. We apologize and take all concerns seriously. I can assure you that the issues you have raised will be addressed accordingly. Please return and give us an opportunity to provide the exceptional experience that you have come to expect from our Brand.

Evans, Georgia
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I have stayed at this location several times over the last two years with no issues.
The staff are very friendly and care about your comfort.
The rooms are up to date, comfortable and very clean.
The shuttle is on time.
Parking is somewhat aggravating but I have never had trouble here.

Room Tip: The lower floors can get very noisy with all the flight attendants coming in and out through the nig...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Bobby B
EniskaS S S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Bobby B, Thank you for your four star rating and for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. It is unfortunate that the parking was cumbersome for you and I hope that on your next visit parking be available and you can contact me directly if you have any additional questions I am happy to assist.

Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport
#7 of 26 in College Park
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South? Share your experiences!