“Good for being near the airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South

Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in College Park
DC
“Good for being near the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The location is good since they have a shuttle to the airport or there are lots of spaces for parking. Check-in was quick & our room was on the Executive floor. I think these rooms were probably newer than some of the other ones. Despite being near the airport, you can't hear planes. The bathroom was a strange shape & the shower does not have a tub, but it was still good. The only problem is I question how well the cleaning staff actually clean the rooms. In my room, there was something left in a drawer & a used shampoo bottle sitting in the shower. We used the fitness center which is small & has old equipment. One treadmill was broken & they said they had an elliptical, but they didn't really have one. Didn't try the pool but they do have a small indoor pool. Although the hotel is near the airport, there isn't really anything else but hotels nearby. I wish there was a restaurant that opens for breakfast in walking distance since the hotel does not offer complementary breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Dartmouth, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed here one night on business. Have stayed here before when the property was newer. Rooms were nice and comfy, clean, good pillows and nice to have a fridge. The bathroom was starting to look its age.. The shower head was loose and looked like it was going to fall off, wallpaper tearing but overall the bathroom was clean.
Wifi was a bit weak and the business center computers took forever but I was able to print without issue so it's ok.
Close to airport with reliable shuttle service.

Room Tip: Back side of hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Luluflies,

We appreciate you leaving a review on your recent stays with us. We are glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. We are deeply sorry for any issues you have encountered.

We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. We will pass over you comments made to our Maintenance Manager in order to investigate further.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
West Hartford, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I have had enough experiences with hotels, and this one just sent up a lot of red flags. So I didn't stay here. As soon as I walked into the lobby I started to get a bad feeling about the hotel. A guest was complaining at the desk because his reservation was mixed up; there was a line of people waiting to check in and the front desk was scrambling to help everyone. I had been sent here by an airline when I couldn't make a connecting flight. The lobby was worn down, acoustic ceiling tiles were coming up and looked stained. I saw a big black insect on the ceiling that looked like a roach. I should have taken picture of it. I thought I wouldn't get too upset about it, as I know roaches are common pests in the south. But when my room key wouldn't open the door, the door of my room showed evidence of rough use, and the hallway looked beat up with worn wallpaper and carpet, I decided to ask for my hotel voucher and go somewhere else. I never actually entered the room, so I honestly can't say what it would have been like. The shuttle driver was nice and the women at the front desk were kind as well. I see a lot of good reviews, so maybe I should have given it a chance, but I would rather sleep in an airport than spend the night in an unclean room. If the outside areas of the hotel look rough, I don't want to step into a room and take a chance on it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
Dear peacemom49,

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We reserved the room for early check in on Monday morning, Oct. 7. Sunday night the weather caused many flight cancellations and there was not a room available when we arrived after our 16 hour flight from South Africa. We arrived at the hotel at 7:15 AM.

The hotel staff was friendly and they told us that as soon as housekeeping arrived they would have them work on a room for us. We were in a room by 8:30 AM. Our thanks to the front desk staff and especially Velina, Director of Housekeeping.

We check out at 4 PM to continue our flights west.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dave J
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I like to say this was a remarkable hotel. The staff was courtesy, professional and just doing an excellent job in all ways. This was my first stay and I have travel the world and never experience the hospitality I experience here. These employee put the Hospitality in Southern Hospitality. Dana,Letasha,Ebony,Shauta',Kurtisha,Nataki,Terrance,Jeffrey and Michelle. They did a remarkable job doing my stay. They made it feel like home away from home. All the employee was excellent. I recommend this hotel to all of my constituent in the Armed Force and everywhere. Nice job to management on the training of these employee. It truly paid off.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MRSIGMAMAN
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I'm glad I chose here after a trans Atlantic flight. The shuttle bus was easy to find. The driver was helpful. Check in was a breeze. The room was spacious and the shower space was outstanding. Checking out was simple and in the early morning the shuttle was running every 15 minutes although I had been told it was every half hour. I didn't use the pool or any other facilities but for a post flight stopover it was perfect. I shall be booking again next February.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Simon1944
Irene R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, October 3, 2013

Thank you for your review Simon 1944.
I am glad that you had a great stay at my hotel. To accommodate our guests, we do run the airport shuttle every 15 minutes during peak hours and 30 minutes in less busy times.
We look forward to having you stay with us again in February. Just to let you know that we do have a heated indoor pool and hopefully you will be able to use this facility on your next visit.
I will share you comments with my staff.

At Your Service,
Irene Romero
Hotel Manager
404-763-8800
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Breakfast to say the least wasn't that good, I ordered off the menu hoping to get a better quality food than the buffet, the food was luke warm, the french toast was raw inside, I would have been better off getting the buffet, I wouldn't have had to wait 15 minutes for breakfast when if was slow. The servers were not very helpful, I got up 2 times asking if I could get a refill, they looked like they didn't want to be there, there was one gentleman that came out of the kitchen to help, he was helping alot of the tables and was very pleasant.

Overall the rest of my experience was nice, the staff was very accommodating and pleasant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta Airport Marriott
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#2 of 26 in College Park
4.0 of 5 stars 724 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South? Share your experiences!