“Pleasent and good price”

Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We were landed in Atlanta, instead of Detroit, taxi driver took us to nearest hotel. To our surprise, we found a good hotel at a good price of $79 for a night. Very comfortable room and beds. Air-conditioned, coffee maker, freeze, large TV. Good fitness centre. We were well set for our first night in USA.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I had my wedding here on 9/29/2012. I checked in on 9/28/2012 and was given an Executive level King room. I worked with Kevyn for planning with my wedding in their Intercontinental Ballroom. She was absolutely AWESOME!!! She was very helpful, hands - on and professional. Ms. Valena was also great!

Pros: Great staff, good price, good value, fast check in, recently renovated, restaurant/bar on site, good parking ($6.00 per day), close to airport, nice rooms, quiet, excellent place for an event.

Cons: Food - The food at my wedding prepared by their banquet staff was hard and cold!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsToya M
Reviewed October 2, 2012

It looks like this hotel had a recent renovation and the outside was being painted while we were there. We had a very comfortable and clean room. It was convenient to use their lot for long-term parking and their shuttle service was quick and easy. We had slow service for breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had a quick stay here on a business trip, the room was very quiet and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. The Hotel staff have been very accommodating. This is one of the nicest Holiday Inns I've seen. It's very close to the airport. The room includes a refrigerator, iron and Coffee maker. I enjoyed my quick stay thanks.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Booked this for close proximity to airport after a long haul from UK. The new international terminal is a disaster. You have to take a shuttle from the terminal to the hotel shuttles, so we opted for a taxi to avoid the queues and the waits and having to haul luggage from one place to the other. Cost less than $20 - this is for info. The hotel is 100% non smoking, something the website failed to mention after a recent refurb. It was ok. Comfy beds and didn't hear any noise from aircraft. Not on my list of re-visits. Housekeeping on external areas is in need of review, tables were not cleared nor were the outside floor areas when visited the following morning. Likewise for info, the journey from hotel to hire car would have involved a shuttle to the airport, then a shuttle to the rental depot, took a taxi, quoted $10 dollars, got scammed for $20, should have challenged that for a 3 mile journey! hey ho! I hope this helps other travellers with regard to hotel location.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pglinfo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Dear pglinfo,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving us with your feedback. I am pleased you found our room accommodations commendable. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and I regret the cleanliness of our property did not live up to your expectations. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts as this is our best resource for improving the quality and services we offer.

Joel B

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I thought this would be a great seletion.... Wrong!! I glad that I only booked for one night.... I think the Motel is over priced for quality of the Executive Rooms,,, Don't take my review wrong... It's could be a Holiday Inn Select if they would clean house and select quality employee's that cares about Customer Service and People..Parking $6 wth? Just shop around first..... Only plus is the bed...

Room Tip: Shop around First
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bigboss206
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear bigboss206,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am glad that you found our location and bedroom accommodations suitable enough for your needs. I apologize that your stay was negatively affected by the staff service that you received. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable comments as this is our best means of improving guest satisfaction.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to host you again should your travels bring you back to College Park.

Pam G.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Sorry to need to write this review but this is a dump.
The bed was bought at the local discount store.
The halls are filthy and they smell.
I had to wait 5 min to get a second room because this NON SMOKING hotel had a room that smelled like smoke, so do the elevators.
The room door stands wide open and will not close on its own.
This is one of the few hotels in the area charging for parking.
The bath room is tiny and has an inconvenient door.
I selected the King upgraded amenities room, not sure what the upgrade is, as I see the same crappy soap and shampoo you get at any Holiday Inn, I think I wasted the company’s money on that. There is a refrigerator but no Microwave, same coffee service as any other Holiday Inn.
Be aware that even though this review sounds like one of those that someone writes that is just had a bad day it is not. I am Platinum with Holiday Inn, I travel for business and often stay in smaller older locations. This one is a dump and it smells bad, I would have moved if it was not already past the cutoff time for changing my reservation. I normally only review really good or really bad restaurants on Trip Advisor very rarely hotels
Also be advised that while there are several other hotels in the Collage Park area there are only two non- hotel restaurants anywhere close to the hotel area at the end of Airport road or on Suleiman(? Spelling), Ruby Tuesday may be the best choice as Joes on top of the hill is not.
Anyway there are other areas almost as close to the Airport, don’t be fooled by Collage park, and if you have no other options stay at Hampton, Sheraton, 4 points, super 8, Microtel , Marriott – anywhere else but this dump.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else you wont regret it
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rockboyontheroad
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear rockboyontheroad,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations on multiple issues such as the smell of smoke, small bathroom, limited upgrade amenities. I'd like to apologize for these issues and I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South? Share your experiences!