“Great overnight before morning airport departure”

Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pensacola, Florida
“Great overnight before morning airport departure”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

It looks like this hotel had a recent renovation and the outside was being painted while we were there. We had a very comfortable and clean room. It was convenient to use their lot for long-term parking and their shuttle service was quick and easy. We had slow service for breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I had a quick stay here on a business trip, the room was very quiet and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. The Hotel staff have been very accommodating. This is one of the nicest Holiday Inns I've seen. It's very close to the airport. The room includes a refrigerator, iron and Coffee maker. I enjoyed my quick stay thanks.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
England
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Booked this for close proximity to airport after a long haul from UK. The new international terminal is a disaster. You have to take a shuttle from the terminal to the hotel shuttles, so we opted for a taxi to avoid the queues and the waits and having to haul luggage from one place to the other. Cost less than $20 - this is for info. The hotel is 100% non smoking, something the website failed to mention after a recent refurb. It was ok. Comfy beds and didn't hear any noise from aircraft. Not on my list of re-visits. Housekeeping on external areas is in need of review, tables were not cleared nor were the outside floor areas when visited the following morning. Likewise for info, the journey from hotel to hire car would have involved a shuttle to the airport, then a shuttle to the rental depot, took a taxi, quoted $10 dollars, got scammed for $20, should have challenged that for a 3 mile journey! hey ho! I hope this helps other travellers with regard to hotel location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pglinfo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear pglinfo,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving us with your feedback. I am pleased you found our room accommodations commendable. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and I regret the cleanliness of our property did not live up to your expectations. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts as this is our best resource for improving the quality and services we offer.

Joel B
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I thought this would be a great seletion.... Wrong!! I glad that I only booked for one night.... I think the Motel is over priced for quality of the Executive Rooms,,, Don't take my review wrong... It's could be a Holiday Inn Select if they would clean house and select quality employee's that cares about Customer Service and People..Parking $6 wth? Just shop around first..... Only plus is the bed...

Room Tip: Shop around First
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bigboss206
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear bigboss206,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am glad that you found our location and bedroom accommodations suitable enough for your needs. I apologize that your stay was negatively affected by the staff service that you received. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable comments as this is our best means of improving guest satisfaction.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to host you again should your travels bring you back to College Park.

Pam G.
accrosstheland
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Sorry to need to write this review but this is a dump.
The bed was bought at the local discount store.
The halls are filthy and they smell.
I had to wait 5 min to get a second room because this NON SMOKING hotel had a room that smelled like smoke, so do the elevators.
The room door stands wide open and will not close on its own.
This is one of the few hotels in the area charging for parking.
The bath room is tiny and has an inconvenient door.
I selected the King upgraded amenities room, not sure what the upgrade is, as I see the same crappy soap and shampoo you get at any Holiday Inn, I think I wasted the company’s money on that. There is a refrigerator but no Microwave, same coffee service as any other Holiday Inn.
Be aware that even though this review sounds like one of those that someone writes that is just had a bad day it is not. I am Platinum with Holiday Inn, I travel for business and often stay in smaller older locations. This one is a dump and it smells bad, I would have moved if it was not already past the cutoff time for changing my reservation. I normally only review really good or really bad restaurants on Trip Advisor very rarely hotels
Also be advised that while there are several other hotels in the Collage Park area there are only two non- hotel restaurants anywhere close to the hotel area at the end of Airport road or on Suleiman(? Spelling), Ruby Tuesday may be the best choice as Joes on top of the hill is not.
Anyway there are other areas almost as close to the Airport, don’t be fooled by Collage park, and if you have no other options stay at Hampton, Sheraton, 4 points, super 8, Microtel , Marriott – anywhere else but this dump.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else you wont regret it
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rockboyontheroad
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear rockboyontheroad,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations on multiple issues such as the smell of smoke, small bathroom, limited upgrade amenities. I'd like to apologize for these issues and I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 1, 2012

First of all, let me state that this is not a Holiday Inn Select, but a Holiday Inn. (It may have once been branded as an HI Select, but is at any rate not one now.)

We stopped here after getting a decent-but-not-fantastic rate from Hotwire, and we liked the hotel. Airplanes roared overhead regularly -- they are *low* as they pass the hotel -- but we couldn't hear them in the room. The hotel was clean as well as quiet, and everything was perfectly fine for our brief overnight stay. Check-in and check-out were friendly and efficient. (It seems to be a flight-attendant hotel, judging by the overheard discussions of altitude-induced hypoxia that I overheard in the elevators.)

One thing that Hotwire didn't mention (but is definitely mentioned on the hotel's own website) is the $6/night parking charge. I didn't expect it due to it not being a downtown/Buckhead hotel, but it was at least secluded behind the hotel, and behind a gate. It was also reassuring to be able to look down from our room's window to see the car.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The hotel is crawling with prostitutes. The restaurant staff is surly and rude, they were "out" of most items on the menu, stating, "we're out of it", many times, then just walking away. They were rude to every patron in there, most were all discussing how horrible it was as I stood there listening to them while trying to make an order. I ended up ordering a chicken salad, and it took 45 minutes to get that. It took 15 minutes for me to get their attention to place the order to begin with. We left on an early flight out of ATL, and left the hotel at 0530. There had been coffee in the lobby the previous morning, and when we asked for coffee, the front desk lady (also surly), stated, "If you want coffee, go back to your room and make it." That would have been an idea, but, since they had insufficient housekeeping staff the previous day, our room was not cleaned, therefore, no coffee in our rooms. I wonder why they think that coffee available at that hour isn't needed on weekends? There's still guests there on weekends! The checkin process was incredibly slow, with surly, unfriendly front desk workers, unapologetic for the long wait, acting as though they were being inconvenienced. I'd NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Janet M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Janet M,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and providing feedback. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Please accept my deepest apologies for the hotel services received, unacceptable atmosphere brought about by other guests, and conduct of our hotel staff that negatively impacted your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

I truly appreciate your valuable feedback as we pride our selves on excellent customer service. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Zelyn N
Atlanta Airport Marriott
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#3 of 26 in College Park
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South? Share your experiences!