“Holiday 6”

Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I thought this would be a great seletion.... Wrong!! I glad that I only booked for one night.... I think the Motel is over priced for quality of the Executive Rooms,,, Don't take my review wrong... It's could be a Holiday Inn Select if they would clean house and select quality employee's that cares about Customer Service and People..Parking $6 wth? Just shop around first..... Only plus is the bed...

Room Tip: Shop around First
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bigboss206
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Dear bigboss206,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am glad that you found our location and bedroom accommodations suitable enough for your needs. I apologize that your stay was negatively affected by the staff service that you received. I have taken note and wish to thank you for your valuable comments as this is our best means of improving guest satisfaction.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to host you again should your travels bring you back to College Park.

Pam G.
IHGCare

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Sorry to need to write this review but this is a dump.
The bed was bought at the local discount store.
The halls are filthy and they smell.
I had to wait 5 min to get a second room because this NON SMOKING hotel had a room that smelled like smoke, so do the elevators.
The room door stands wide open and will not close on its own.
This is one of the few hotels in the area charging for parking.
The bath room is tiny and has an inconvenient door.
I selected the King upgraded amenities room, not sure what the upgrade is, as I see the same crappy soap and shampoo you get at any Holiday Inn, I think I wasted the company’s money on that. There is a refrigerator but no Microwave, same coffee service as any other Holiday Inn.
Be aware that even though this review sounds like one of those that someone writes that is just had a bad day it is not. I am Platinum with Holiday Inn, I travel for business and often stay in smaller older locations. This one is a dump and it smells bad, I would have moved if it was not already past the cutoff time for changing my reservation. I normally only review really good or really bad restaurants on Trip Advisor very rarely hotels
Also be advised that while there are several other hotels in the Collage Park area there are only two non- hotel restaurants anywhere close to the hotel area at the end of Airport road or on Suleiman(? Spelling), Ruby Tuesday may be the best choice as Joes on top of the hill is not.
Anyway there are other areas almost as close to the Airport, don’t be fooled by Collage park, and if you have no other options stay at Hampton, Sheraton, 4 points, super 8, Microtel , Marriott – anywhere else but this dump.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else you wont regret it
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rockboyontheroad
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear rockboyontheroad,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations on multiple issues such as the smell of smoke, small bathroom, limited upgrade amenities. I'd like to apologize for these issues and I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
IHGCare

Reviewed August 1, 2012

First of all, let me state that this is not a Holiday Inn Select, but a Holiday Inn. (It may have once been branded as an HI Select, but is at any rate not one now.)

We stopped here after getting a decent-but-not-fantastic rate from Hotwire, and we liked the hotel. Airplanes roared overhead regularly -- they are *low* as they pass the hotel -- but we couldn't hear them in the room. The hotel was clean as well as quiet, and everything was perfectly fine for our brief overnight stay. Check-in and check-out were friendly and efficient. (It seems to be a flight-attendant hotel, judging by the overheard discussions of altitude-induced hypoxia that I overheard in the elevators.)

One thing that Hotwire didn't mention (but is definitely mentioned on the hotel's own website) is the $6/night parking charge. I didn't expect it due to it not being a downtown/Buckhead hotel, but it was at least secluded behind the hotel, and behind a gate. It was also reassuring to be able to look down from our room's window to see the car.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The hotel is crawling with prostitutes. The restaurant staff is surly and rude, they were "out" of most items on the menu, stating, "we're out of it", many times, then just walking away. They were rude to every patron in there, most were all discussing how horrible it was as I stood there listening to them while trying to make an order. I ended up ordering a chicken salad, and it took 45 minutes to get that. It took 15 minutes for me to get their attention to place the order to begin with. We left on an early flight out of ATL, and left the hotel at 0530. There had been coffee in the lobby the previous morning, and when we asked for coffee, the front desk lady (also surly), stated, "If you want coffee, go back to your room and make it." That would have been an idea, but, since they had insufficient housekeeping staff the previous day, our room was not cleaned, therefore, no coffee in our rooms. I wonder why they think that coffee available at that hour isn't needed on weekends? There's still guests there on weekends! The checkin process was incredibly slow, with surly, unfriendly front desk workers, unapologetic for the long wait, acting as though they were being inconvenienced. I'd NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Janet M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Janet M,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and providing feedback. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Please accept my deepest apologies for the hotel services received, unacceptable atmosphere brought about by other guests, and conduct of our hotel staff that negatively impacted your stay. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

I truly appreciate your valuable feedback as we pride our selves on excellent customer service. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Zelyn N
IHG Care

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for our family reunion. At check-in, staff wasn't rude but wasn't necessarily friendly either. Basically, they did their job. The "conference room" we got for our Friday night event was H-O-T-T! The staff kept saying they were turning the air on but we had stremers decorating the walls and none of them moved (which would indicate air blowing). We shut things down early because it was so hot in the room. Saturday night event, different room and I guess someone wanted to make sure the air was on because it was cold - but it was a welcome change from the night before. We had a DJ and at 11 we were told by management we had to shut the party down because of complaints of noise??!!! Since I was not on the planning committee I don't know what agreement was made with the hotel about how long we could stay in the room but at other hotels where we've hosted a family reunion 12 was the cutoff time. The food that was brought in by the hotel for our Saturday banquet was a good selection but the food was not even warm. Seemed it had been pre-cooked and set aside for our event. As for my room, I told my granddaughter to make sure she had shoes on at all times. The carpet was dirty looking with large dark stains sporadically throughout the carpet. At least the bed was comfy but would have been nice for the floor to look reasonably clean. Rooms are dated. They have the big "hump back" tv's sitting inside of an armoire. The refrigerator had a small freezer but no door on the freezer so you couldn't put much in the freezer area because of the ice. My room had no microwave but I did see one on a shelf in the ice machine room. Based on the room condition, I would say this should have been a $59-$70 priced room. Again on checkout, staff was efficient but not friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel through hotwire and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised when we checked into the room. It was clean on the outside and inside. The staff at the front desk was very friendly (although upon checking in a family reunion party was checking in also). The room was a spacious, clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Hotwire did not tell us that there is a $6.00 daily parking fee.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Secure parking with easy access to rooms from parking, decent size rooms with a fridge, nice size closet.nice Indoor pool with hot tub. gym was nice size. overall clean and spacious for an adult and 3 kids. laundry room was cheap and in good condition and usable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South

Been to Holiday Inn Atlanta Airport South? Share your experiences!