“Good Service”

Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Blairsville, Georgia
“Good Service”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I got it on both ends of my trip. I did a park and fly, or what ever its called when you leave your car after spending the night. The shuttle drivers were cheerful and helpful especially the one who helped me on the return trip when I was late arriving after a missed connection and my bag was even later. I wound up spending the night on the return too, at a good rate and the driver took me back to the airport to collect my bag after I had a chance to get some food and rest a bit. Most appreciated!
Granted its an older facility but everything was clean, the bed comfortable and the equipment in good working order. And Yeah, Hot water. You don't expect fancy in a Super 8 but I've not had a bad experience in one. This one will be my choice when/if I fly out of Atlanta again.
I don't give 100% marks, figuring there is always room for improvement so take that into consideration when looking at the ratings.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Birmingham
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Having missed my return flight to Europe I joined masses of stranded passengers scrambling for places on the airport hotel shuttle buses.
I drew the Super 8 straw and knowing of this chain I wasn't expecting much but what I found was a relic from the 1970s.
The staff were friendly and helpful (although the shuttle bus driver was a little over-keen to solicit tips from the passengers).
I may have become soft in my old age (I'm not that old) but in my 25 years of international travel I can safely rank this hotel in my all time bottom 5.
Take a look at the photos. It may have had a lick of paint in the last 10 years but they still managed to miss bits.
The furniture is old and stained and I simply didn't dare look at the carpet.
The sheet on my bed was so threadbare that there were actually holes and they could probably make some money by selling the TV to a museum.
Plus points?......The water was hot.
Again, the lady on reception was really helpful. Shame about her workplace.

Room Tip: Unless I just ended up in the worst room in the place I don't know what else I can add.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Ameglio
Bellingham
Reviewed January 2, 2013

My Hotwire price was $44 for two people, including free wi-fi, parking, shuttle and breakfast. I frequently stay in hostels, for about the same $. As stated above, it's an older building, so the room was big, fixtures and decor were fine. Everything except the TV remote works -- the desk had no extra batteries. Breakfast food and supplies were skimpy, maybe the actual person in charge had the day off? Ungloved help from the front desk tried to keep up, but food and serving pieces were empty time and again. Also in the little breakfast room, there were good sized bugs in drawers and cupboards, (noticed while searching for more coffee cups.)
Good dinner at a busy Ruby Tuesday right across the street, surrounded by a whole cluster of hotels.
The hotel meets my needs and expectations. We stayed 2 nights just getting repacked for another flight. But if you're fussy, better to pay a little extra and choose a different hotel.

Room Tip: We fell asleep around midnight and weren't awakened by plane sounds during the night All the ro...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
#16 of 26 in College Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Airport South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center

Been to Super 8 College Park/Atlanta Airport West? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 College Park/Atlanta Airport West

Property: Super 8 College Park/Atlanta Airport West
Address: 4979 Old National Hwy, I-85 exit 69 and I-285 exit 62, College Park, GA 30349-3213
Location: United States > Georgia > College Park
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 College Park/Atlanta Airport West 2*
Welcome to the Super 8 Atlanta Airport West, located minutes away from Hartsfield Jackson Airport and we offer free shuttle service. The Super 8 offers a free Superstart breakfast, high speed wireless internet, outdoor pool, and Wyndham Rewards. We have restaurants within minutes. Downtown Atlanta, Georgia Aquarium, Coca-Cola, Underground Atlanta, Zoo Atlanta, and Six Flags are within twenty minutes or less. We look forward to welcoming you to the Super 8 College Park/Atlanta Airport West. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 College Park/Atlanta Airport West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Atlanta Airport West Hotel College Park