“Cool Inside” 4 of 5 bubbles

Brake Pad
Ranked #5 of 79 Restaurants in College Park
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Redwood City, California
“Cool Inside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stopped by on the way to the airport. My two female traveling companions really enjoyed their blackened tilapia salad and chicken salad sandwich. They both said the meal was different, fresh and delicious. I had the bleu bacon burger which was very good and cooked perfectly like I had ordered. The tater tots were overcooked though, making them a little too hard. The service was very good and the old gas station was a unique setting.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Curtis N

Dallas, Texas
“Awesome time on spring evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

What a great conversion from an old gas station into a neighborhood hang out. Half the people here are regulars, and for good reason. Good selection of wine and beer, great outdoor seating, basic menu with a twist. Burgers and salads are terrific. If I lived here, I would be a regular too!

1 Thank Retiringonaboat
Deland
“Really good, I will be back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

It's worth the trip good Burgers' I can't wait to try other things. If the Gyro is as good as the Burger I keep coming back.

1 Thank Roger B
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Couldn't Stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

... eating. The gas station look is cool (especially when they rolled up the bay doors) but the food steals the spotlight. I went there on a Monday evening with my family. I got the Southwest Quesadilla and it was excellent. The chicken had just the right amount of heat and the flavors were so amazing. I only wished they had given me a few chips with it. The kids menu is generic so I let my kids each order the Chicken Tacos off the adult menu even though they are still pretty young. They were a little spicy but it didn't stop them from eating every bite. My husband ordered Steak Tacos and they were gone before I even got a bite. There were a few problems. It was freezing both inside and out, it took a long time to get our check and it could have been a little cleaner but I will definitely go back. Next time I will try a burger because they looked delicious.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Teri C
Henderson, Nevada
“A Must-Visit when you are near Atlanta airport!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

This cool hang-out in an adapted old gas station offers patio dining and great food with a southwest kick to it! My favorite is the Brake Pad burger with the always fresh cut jalapeños! The fish tacos are great, too!