“Gem near the airport” 5 of 5 bubbles

Manchester Arms
Ranked #2 of 79 Restaurants in College Park
Cuisines: American, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A pub-style restaurant near the Atlanta Airport.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Gem near the airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

What a delightful surprise finding Manchester Arms. Can't take full credit as I was invited by a friend from Delta. I ordered the Fish & Chips and was very glad I did. It was a superior choice. Crust was a deep fried, but very light batter, and was delicious. There are several other items I want to try on the menu including the Bangers & Mash, Shepherds Pie, and Fish Tacos. They also feature a superior salad selection. It was a nice surprise to find fully functional Petanque courts ( they call them bocci ball courts, but they look like Petanque to my eye) behind the restaurant, and I will definitely bring my boules on the next visit. I will be back for sure, and cannot wait to intro my wife to this great menu. Side note. service was superior.

Omaha, Nebraska
“Quiet, Quaint and Quite Tasty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

I was having lunch with my niece who is home for the summer from College and I like to take her to some place she hasn't been and is nice and different. I live in downtown Atlanta and often try restaurants in the Midtown, Fourth Ward, VA Highland area. But at lunch time, parking is often dicey, always crowded and very loud. So I decided to look for something south, in the College Park, East Point area. After reading the mixed reviews for MA online, I was a little apprehensive, but decided to give it a try anyway. My niece is a bit particular about her food and doesn't really like to veer too far from the basics, so an English Pub that serves 'bangers and mash,' well might be questionable. <smile>

The restaurant is located right off of a main street and is located in what looks like a older home, with a very inviting outdoor seating area. On this warm Atlanta summer day the temperature was already in the 90's, so I wasn't sure eating outside would be a comfortable option. Because it was later in the afternoon, about 2pm, we had missed the lunch crowd and were seated immediately on the outdoor patio. There were a nice amount of tables with umbrellas. The area was shaded and a nice breeze flowed throughout. Seating outdoors was a good choice!

Before we even ordered, I asked about dessert and was told they were out of dessert for the day. Oh well. My niece and I both ordered burgers, fries and Caesar salads. <Not very adventurous, I know.> However, the burgers consistently received excellent online reviews as well as the fish and chips. Neither one of us is a 'fish-and-chips' type of girl. The Caesar salad was crisp, whole leaves of Romaine lettuce, fresh grated parmesan cheese, drizzled with a tangy, flavorful Caesar dressing. Delicious. I would return just for the Caesar salad and add a piece of Salmon. I'm sure that would be scrumptious. Our burgers were slightly better than average in that they appeared to be handmade and our toppings were fresh. The burger was not as big as the bun, so I had to trim off bread to enjoy the burger. The burger came with an ample supply of hand cut fries, which were to die for! All I needed was some fresh blue cheese, along with the ketchup and I would have been in heaven! They do serve blue cheese with the wings and I'm sure I could have asked for a side, but I was filling up pretty fast. Plus I didn't need the extra calories!

All in all, I enjoyed my time with my niece, had a very nice lunch, in a very pleasant atmosphere. I will definitely return!

2 Thank snee1652
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Find, Amazing Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

We found this by accident when looking for a restaurant near the airport to take our VP, We had dinner and they had a smoked double pork chop special that was simply outstanding, The service was great and they were quick and very friendly. You can tell the team has worked together for a while because they were helping each other out and this made for a great experience. Drinks kept full and table kept clear.
I am now planning to return with my wife so we can try other items and enjoy the laid back seating that was outside.
This is one of those restaurants that you see on tv and wish you could visit. This time i did.
Enjoy!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Richard C
Sharpsburg, Georgia
“Hidden Gem near the airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

The pork chop was wonderful!!! It's not on the menu but It's more than worth asking for!!! Smoked to perfection then grilled to make it pretty this chop is easily enough for two people to share. It is tender and juicy (sometimes hard to find in restaurant) I put my knife on the table and just used my fork. The sides were delightful as well. But I think the service is what keeps me coming back to this place..

1 Thank Russell H
The South
“My Experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

I found the interior to be the perfect atmosphere for an English themed pub. It didn't feel like a bar which shows they were doing something very right. Pubs are not bars. The floor plan and lay-out of the seating nicely fit the bill. There was even an upstairs area for more ambience and room.

There were even some culture themed dishes like fish and chips for someone needing a little pick-me-up. (Saying this, this is not a place for a full out dining experience. Pubs are not meant to be that.)

I thought there was a need for improvement in two areas:

1. There needs to be more English décor to reflect the pub's theme. It was barely present.

2. TURN THE MUSIC DOWN. It was SO loud I could barely think or hear my companion. It spoils the reason for going. It is a social meeting place and you don't want to battle background noise. A pub is a place to relax with friends. The music should be relaxing or not there.

• Visited May 2014