“You can't go wrong at Manchester Arms.”
Review of Manchester Arms

Manchester Arms
Ranked #2 of 81 Restaurants in College Park
Cuisines: American, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A pub-style restaurant near the Atlanta Airport.
Dothan, AL.
“You can't go wrong at Manchester Arms.”
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

We arrived about 8:30 pm on Saturday night. The restaurant was not busy at all. This made me wonder if stopping here was really a good idea. Well it was. We decided, based on another tripadvisor review, to share the pork chop dinner. The bone-in chop was very thick and well seasoned, defiantly a good idea and I highly recommend it. The staff was very friendly.

1 Thank gulum

Albany, Georgia
“Great English Type Pub”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Thought we were back in England the atmosphere was great When you walk in you feel old London
The foodis good Fish and chips great
Service is good

Visited November 2012
1 Thank jlpgolfer
Georgetown, Texas
“#1 on all the sites for College Park? YES”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Manchester's is the best restaurant I ate at while staying a couple of months in the Atlanta area. I just can't say it any other way. When you sit down and look at the menu and wonder "Only 4 entrees?" you'll be skeptical. Then the waiter will come out and read off several mouth watering off-menu specials and you'll have a really tough time picking one.

Chances are that they're all good - BUT - *** If you can only try one thing, you must try the PORK CHOP.*** I know what you're thinking! "I like pork chop but seriously, no one makes one worth getting if you can only try one thing before leaving town". No, that's exactly what I'm telling you. Just get the pork chop. It's huge, it's awesomely marinated, it melts in your mouth and not on your plate. I went there 6 times and got the pork chop 4 of those trips. Just do it.

The rib eyes are also good. I'm not much on rabbit food, but most of the folks I went with who got salads (mostly women), liked them quite a bit every time.

They also have an excellent beer and wine selection. Did I mention getting the pork chop?

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Ttrrkk
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Bangers and Mash this side of the Pond!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This quaint cottage-turned-pub serves the best pub food in the city. It has a family-friendly ambience and a charming outdoor patio. In the winter, the fireplace provides a warm cozy respite. I am partial to the Bangers and Mash, but I love the Fish and Chips as well. My kids swear by the Shepherd's Pie, The menu is not limited to "pub-grub", however, and the steaks, pasta, burgers, and salads are consistently good.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank misslisaratl
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Definitely not British-ran”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We decided to eat here as our last day on our trip to America brought us to Atlanta, and we thought, why not settle into something that we will be used to? It could be fun.

The restaurant itself is a nice little building, it does look somewhat traditionally british. I should point out at this point that we are british. The service was great, staff were nice and friendly, even random kitchen-workers said hello when they walked past us which we thought was great.
We didn't want to get tucked into a huge meal in lieu of the next day's flight, so I ordered a BLT and my partner ordered herself a chicken sandwich of some sort. The BLT I got was huge, way way bigger than what I was expecting. I can't decide if this was a good or a bad thing, certainly not what you'd get in a british pub, personally I like a sandwich I can pick up with one hand and bite into without having to dislocate my jaw to get into it, but i guess that's a british thing. The chips/fries were very nice, I personally wasn't sure about them being coated in golden breadcrumbs? In any case, we both enjoyed our food a lot, it certainly wasn't traditional british food, but it was nice. We also ordered dessert - the very unbritish key lime pie, which was very nice, and the very british but pretty rank tasting sticky toffee pudding - we couldn't finish it, I don't know where they're getting their recipe for this but please find a better one!

All in all, this was a very american take on british food, it was very tasty and the staff were great. I'm scoring 4/5 on this one only because of the sticky toffee pudding, you can't ruin an utter british classic like that. Despite that point, this place seemed busy and it was full of a lot of very happy looking people, so they are clearly doing something very right here. Bravo!

• Visited October 2012