“One of the most convenient and nice airport hotels ever”

SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 15, 2010

I actually wheeled the luggage cart from the airport into my room off of the tram.

Manages to be both modern and warm.

Free breakfast actually included scrambled eggs and sausage instead of just cold cereal.

Fitness center had private HD TV's on top of treadmills.

Got it right!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed May 17, 2010

The best thing about this hotel is the easy access to the airport and MARTA. The rental car train is very convienient to the airport, much better than waiting around for the shuttle for the other airports in the area.

Hotel is very new and very nice. Rooms are very modern and cool. Airport noise is at a minimum, but you do get nice views of the air traffic which I like. Breakfast was pretty standard for a continental breakfast, and the staff was very efficient and pleasant.

The one disadvantage is there is nothing around this hotel. When the new Marriott opens across the street, at least there will be a restaurant and bar within walking distance. Maybe as this area develops some additional restaurants will come in, but for now this hotel is very much on an island by itself.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 15, 2010

I am a Marriott platinum member, and I travel alot for business. This Spring Hill Suites was one of the best Marriotts I have stayed in. European styled rooms, has a separate toilet with sink room. The other room had a bathtub with sink. Kitchen had a small refrigerator with microwave. Excellent complimentary breakfast. The hotel staff was very friendly, especially the breakfast staff. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2010

This hotel is next to the airport, but you wouldn't know it. If you don't plan on renting a car while at the airport, a skytrain takes you from the airport and straight to the hotel. This hotel is spacious, the bed is very comfortable, the sectional sofa is a bonus, and there is a microwave and mini-refrigerator upon arrival. There's a separate room for the toilet and shower. Taking a shower is pleasant, where the showerhead doesn't blast water at you like most hotel showers do. The complimentary breakfast was good, but I guess staying at this hotel for five days like we did, the breakfast got a bit boring. My only complaint is that housekeeping didn't notice our toiletries were running low, and the tissue box was empty. Overall, this hotel is great, and location is close enough to downtown Atlanta.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2010

I spent one night at the Springhill Suites near the Atlanta airport, and came away impressed. GREAT option for business travelers, with an easy walk to the new skytrain. I worrried that I might hear the train from my room, but I didn't hear a thing. The rooms themselves are modern and clean. Having the toilet in a different room from the shower was a bit odd, but I got used to it. I liked the lobby area and the drink/snack/self-serve dinner options available for purchase. Parking was a goo deal, too. We left our car there for a week for $25. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2010

Arrived from London (england) late evening and after a very long 2 hours in arrivals due to immigration /security/waiting for bags we were very pleased to get on skytrain
without having to wait outside for a shuttle bus. The skytrain is very new (january 2010)
and the first stop is the convention center where the marriott is. Just go down the elevator
to the outside and cross the road. presto quick great. Rooms very large with shower which we prefer in a hotel. Breakfast included. Comfortable and we did not hear noise.
Next day we left our bags in the room after breakfast and walked over to the skytrain
to take one more stop free (no charge) to the new rental facilities which is all part of the skytrain operation. We took our rental car and drove back to the Marriott to pick up our bags. When you arrive from Europe tired this is the way to spend your first night.
We were so tired and fedup from the 2 hour arrivals procedure in Atlanta we might never come back but the skytrain and the Marriott saved the day.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dutchguide
Reviewed March 16, 2010

We are spending Spring Break in Atlanta. We stayed the first two nights at this new hotel.

There were several pluses to this hotel. The rooms were great - we had two queens and corner couch that made in to a bed which meant each of my sons ages 10 & 6 had their own bed to sleep on. There was a good selection on the breakfast bar. The hotel was very clean. We kept the fan on at night and didn’t hear the planes at all. It is easy to get on the interstate from the hotel and only 10 miles from downtown. The internet was fast. Parking was free.

Now to the negatives. We just had a shower and I like to take baths so that was a downer. The hotel pool was WAY too small. I supposed they figured just business travelers would stay there but it is Spring Break and there were tons of kids staying at the hotel so it was too crowded. Also someone had smoked in the pool before we got there so they had to come prop open a door to air it out. I did a load of laundry while I was there and they were out of soap. They did quickly bring me some though. The breakfast buffet closes at 9 a.m. on weekdays. Lots of families were just showing up at 8:55 (it is Spring Break folks) so they had to grab things quick before they closed the curtain. And the workers promptly announced at 9 a.m. both days that the breakfast bar was closed even though the place was packed. Come on Marriott, you need to pay attention and adjust your breakfast hours for things like Spring Break. Thank goodness the place I am staying at tonight serves breakfast until 9:30 a.m.! That extra 1/2 hour of sleep is important to sleepy boys! Also, I wanted to plug my laptop in while doing e-mail in bed and couldn’t find a convenient outlet.

Still a new hotel that I think is working out some of the kinks. I would probably return as a business traveler but would not return as a family since the pool is subpar.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
#3 of 26 in College Park
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center

Been to SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway? Share your experiences!