“Very convenient hotel for the terminal”

SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland, Oregon
“Very convenient hotel for the terminal”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

The hotel is on the train between the rental car center and the terminal. The rooms are one large space, not really a suite but do have a divider between the sitting area and bed area with a desk and chair. The shower is a multi head which is a nice touch. The wifi is free and works well. The breakfast is quite good and has plenty of fruit, breads and cereals. The best part is the short walk to the train and in 5 minutes you are in the terminal. the Marriott across the street has a sports bar restaurant, but the hotel also has a selection of frozen foods and a variety of drinks in the lobby for purchase. There is a microwave, coffee maker and refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
park city UT
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I loved the Spring Hill Suites at ATL. I’ve stayed at one of these properties before, in Vernal Utah, and was happy to see the uniformity. The comfy bed, the large sitting area, the great desk and room layout and the super nice shower with a separate WC – it was all here. It’s a little spendier than some of the other hotels at ATL but it is a lot nicer and more functional too. The parking is free for guests, and best of all it is on the train stop so that there is no need to take a shuttle from the3 airport. You can board a sky train from baggage claim and arrive at the hotel smoothly and without having climb in and out of a van and tip a surly driver. This is a HUGE plus at this giant airport, which is surrounded by terrible traffic and where even an advertised “10 min drive from the terminal” can turn into a sweltering 45 min, wait and ride.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 3, 2014

As a Hilton Honors, this was my first stay at SpringHill Suites. My sister is a Marriott Loyalist and selected this property. I was very impressed with room. The beds were comfy and the bathroom was gorgeous. The front desk staff was very nice and eager to assist- check-in was a breeze. The location was perfect. A large shopping center with a Target and restaurants are less than 2 miles down the road. It was a great stay with one exception- Breakfast! I found the Breakfast lacking compared to my favorite hotel -Homewood Suites. If in the area again, I would return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TISAKNOWSBEST
Katie P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
TISAKNOWSBEST,

What an “honor” to have been your first experience with SpringHill Suites by Marriott and thank you for such an inspired review! I hope that we have the opportunity to share the Marriott experience with you again, in the near future!

Yours truly,
Katie Pizzurro
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 1, 2014

As a Marriott loyalist, I really like this property. The location is ultra convenient to the airport as no shuttle is required. The value is much better than many other Marriott properties. You get a good sized room and free breakfast and wifi. I never come with a car, otherwise one downside is there is a $12 daily charge to park your car.

Highly recommend booking this hotel. My company gets a corporate rate that isn't always available here, but was lucky enough to book my 4 day stay at this location.

• Stayed April 2014
Seneca, Illinois
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Came to Atlanta and stayed downtown for about 4 days then moved to this hotel because we were flying out the next day. I really enjoyed staying here due to the fact that rooms were HUGE and it was a short ATL Skytrain ride to the airport. You also get complimentary breakfast and free wifi. If you are looking for a place to stay close to the airport stay here!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Gastonia, North Carolina
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We just stayed at the Springhill Suites on hotel points and had an EXCELLENT experience. All the staff were great! We parked in their lot for a great deal. The stay was great, comfy bed, mini fridge, quiet, cozy couch. The included breakfast was very good. Took the sky train the next morning directly to the airport, checked in with Delta and checked bag at Domestic for the Int'l flight (1 bag free!). Security took a long time and it was so HOT in the airport but we had plenty of time.

Coming back was just as easy. Immigration and customs was a breeze. Walked outside of the Int'l terminal and all the way to the far right where you see the sign for the domestic term shuttle. Ride took about 10 minutes. Shuttle lets you out where you have the option to hit the domestic terminal, MARTA, hotel shuttles and Sky Train. Took the sky train back to Springhill, got the car, buzzed the hotel to let us out (the key card didn't work after the 10th day) and we were on i-85 heading home within minnutes. We will definitely do this again. Highly recommend Springhill for an overnight stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Rochester, Mn
Reviewed March 25, 2014

After a week of vacation, I stayed at the SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway. I had chosen this hotel because I wanted something close to the airport. I could not have made a better choice! I first checked in and brought all my belongings up to my room. Check-in was quick and easy and the individuals at the front desk were very friendly and answered all of my questions. Once I had checked in, I returned my car to the rental center. With the directions I had received from the front desk personnel, this was easy. Once the car was returned, I was able to catch the tram back to the hotel. I then ate dinner at the sports bar & grille across the road from the airport, where the food was good and the service was again very friendly.

My room was very nice. It was clean and spacious. I love the separation of the shower area from the toilet area. Everything was high tech. This was the first hotel that I had stayed in where you put your room key into a slot in the wall that then operates the lights, making it energy efficient, so that lights are not left on when you are not in your room. Great idea!

I did not hear anything during the night and got a very restful sleep. In the morning, there was an excellent breakfast in the main lobby, with many options. I liked the spacious area to sit in, with several flat screen TV's.

The best thing was being able to hop on the tram to the hotel in the morning! Very quick and easy. I wish every airport had an option like the SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Atlanta Airport Marriott
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#4 of 26 in College Park
Renaissance Atlanta Airport Gateway Hotel

Been to SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway? Share your experiences!