“Clean and convenient”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Clean and convenient”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

A great nights stay after arriving at Atlanta . Kimberly was lovely in the front desk. The room was modern and nice, although the bed and one hell of a dip in it. Overall however a great place to stay for a stop over.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Miami
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stayed here one night while making flight connections. Hotel is easy to reach via the rental car tram, no waiting for shuttles. Hotel is right at the exit of the first tram stop. Desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Room was spacious, quiet and bed very comfortable. Only slight drawback might be that the room with the toilet only had a sliding glass door with no lock. No problem for me but could be for others. Shower was great and had mid level jets. Free breakfast was a bit above average with fresh scrambled eggs, waffles, cereal and many other items. A worthwhile hotel to consider when using the Atlanta airport.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank jt57
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Due to mechanical issues I missed my connection. I stay at a lot of Marriott properties so because this is off of the Sky Train, I figured I'd just check in here. I called the reservations line and they told me there were plenty of rooms that evening. My cell signal fell and I called the hotel directly. I then was told there were no rooms. Confused, I used the Marriott App on my phone and proceeded to book the room. No rooms?

I get to my room and it had the lights on, the bed was unmade and there was urine in the commode. Called front desk and they switched the room.

I'm a bit irritated about the communication and the overall experience so I may just chalk it up to an inexperienced front desk clerk.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Paul W
Alabama
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here for one night prior to an AM flight. This is a very nice newer property with friendly staff and excellent complimentary breakfast. There is a small indoor pool (3 feet deep), but no hot tub which would've been nice. Nice exercise facility and good free wireless. Parking is $12/day. It would be nice if this was included for paying guests during the stay. Rooms are nice and spacious with a semi-divided sitting/desk area. The bathroom layout is unique with the toilet and small sink being in a seperate room from the shower and primary sink. This is convenient at times, but can also prove awkward. The bathroom doors do not lock (sliders), which is bizarre in my opinion. The showers are awesome however. Convenience to the airport in unbeatable. The AirTrain stop is literally right outside the hotel. Hop on that (free) and you are at either the airport or car rental center in 2 minutes. There is no noticeable airport noise, which is amazing given its proximity. Overall, this is a great place for convenience and is quite nice. Although there are quirks, I would stay here again assuming a competitive rate was available.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank deskclerk102
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Fairly new hotel which, together with a Marriot, sits at the mid station point on the airport's monorail shuttle to the car rental site. The monorail runs every mins 2 and the hotel is 2 mins walk from the station. And at the airport end of the monorail it only takes 5 mins to transfer across to the Marta station.

It has a good buffet breakfast - better than others of the 'plastic plate' type that mid range hotels tend to offer. Also a nice gymn and a small pool. Friendly staff.

The room had a slightly odd arrangement for the toilet - it was separate from the bathroom and had a glass sliding door.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank timbonius
Franklin, Indiana
Reviewed August 27, 2013

A very clean hotel and wonderful staff. I was greeted with a warm and welcoming staff member who informed me of the features of the hotel. The location is very accommodating for early departures from the Atlanta airport as it is located on the tram so no car is needed. I would definitely recommend to my friends and business colleagues, and would stay here again.

Green Features: This hotel has taken steps to be the most energy efficient facility possible. High marks for taking these issues into consideration during the design and construction.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jersey Shore
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed one night before a 7:00 am flight. I arrived just before 11pm, I was greeted by a friendly gentleman at the desk who promptly checked me in and told me about the hotel. The lobby area was nicely laid out and inviting. I did not have breakfast.
The room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. It had a fridge, microwave, large desk, large TV, ihome radio, pull out couch with a lounger along the side. There is plenty of lighting, something I often find annoying at other hotels. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was split into two rooms, toilet and small sink in one room and small tub/shower and larger vanity in another. I personally like this layout.
I did return to the front desk shortly after check in, there was a change in shift, the person there now was not friendly, in fact borderline rude.
I had two problems in the room. The thermostat didn't work, my room remained pretty cold set at 77. The unit then started making a loud gurgling sound approximately every 45 minutes for 10 minutes at a time, think empty toilet flushing. I was only getting about 5 hours of sleep and didn't want to change rooms so i just put up with it. The outlet in the bathroom didn't work which made drying my hair a challenge. The bathroom with the small sink has a corner mirror that you have to stand very close to to see anything.
I'm sure if I had reported these items they would have been taken care of but time wasn't on my side for maintenance calls. (RM 319)
All in all I had some bad luck with my room and one negative employee, but I have her name, and neither would deter me from staying here again. My husband travels through ATL 2-3 times a month and i told him to put it on his list.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Katie P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Megilla,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback concerning your most recent stay with us. I appreciate your letting us know both the positive aspects of your trip and the opportunities in which we failed to earn your 5th star.

I have already addressed each concern with the team here, and we have made a few changes to ensure that this does not happen again. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction and I would welcome any future opportunity to earn your last star! I hope the next time you or your husband is in the area we are able to connect: my direct office line is (678)724-4961.

Kind Regards,

Atlanta Airport Marriott
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#4 of 26 in College Park
Renaissance Atlanta Airport Gateway Hotel

Been to SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway? Share your experiences!