“Eco Friendly”

Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel is very convenient to the Atlanta Airport and the rental car center. This is a newer hotel that is eco-friendly and very modern. It has a very sleek, contemporary appeal. There is no tub, and the shower is separate. Parking onsite is $12.

Room Tip: The power only works in the room when the key card is in the key holder located in the room. If you...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Love this hotel. It is very convenient to the airport, you can take the train to the hotel and avoid all of the hotel shuttle buses. Rooms are very modern and well decorated. The only strange thing is the bathroom and shower are separate. Not really a pro or con, I just haven't experienced that in a hotel before.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed one night in June.

Pros:

nice staff

good breakfast

fantastic location

clean rooms

nice lobby

toilet room is separate from shower

Cons:

we had poor cell phone reception in our room on the 2nd floor

the beds were awful! You could even hear the springs move when someone moved in the bed

the sofabed was awful!

the clock was more than 1 hour off - we could not figure out how to reset, so we unplugged it

the shower was very low in water pressure

there are no plugs by the bed to plug in a phone or computer

Next time I want to stay by the airport I will choose the full service Marriott Gateway or the Renaissance Concourse.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Katie P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Heather,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed response and for bringing these items to our attention. The fact that your review has as many cons as pros concerns me, and I apologize that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay.

We are taking immediate steps to prevent this in the future i.e. replacement of select mattresses, the repair of a city pipe has begun, and we are working with technology consultants to find a work-around for airport radio interference with cell phone service. We take great pride in our hotel, customer service and attention to detail so your comments helped us with training also.

I would love the opportunity to speak with you more, one-on-one; so, if you are traveling again in the area, please give me a call at (678)724-4961. I hope that we have the chance to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We flew to Aruba for a week this summer and since we had to be at the airport at 8:30 am we chose to stay at this hotel the night before. The room was very nice, although I agree with Sherita D who states that it was a problem with cell phone reception. You can get it but if you find a spot, you better not move around. The hotel is very nice and modern and has a great exercise room. We purchased a park and fly room rate which allowed us to leave our car at the hotel in their secure lot while we traveled! This in itself was worth the $159 we paid. On top of that we had a very comfortable nights sleep and then we got a hot breakfast for free that morning. We went up the elevator and took the train right to the airport and arrived in 3 minutes. This was very convenient and I would highly recommend it for this reason.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Teresa0206
Reviewed June 26, 2013

1st time that I stayed here. Generally like SHS and this one looked great from the inside and out. However the temperature control system was a mess. Never could get it right. Just way to convoluted. Also the bath towels were very small, thin and not good quality. I would not stay here again for those two reasons alone.
On the good side was very clean and super convenient to ATL with quick access via airport train.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear SMCPtravels,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and take your suggestions to heart; in fact, we are in the process of upgrading our towels now!

I am sorry that your first stay was not perfect...I hope that you will choose us again and we will do whatever we can to ensure that you leave feeling satisfied and renewed.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I am a faithful Marriot rewards member. I stayed at the Springhill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway. It is a very nice, clean hotel. The only problem I had was that there was no cell phone coverage inside the hotel. I asked the front desk if this was a common problem and I was told that the hotel is sound-proof because of the airport, which diminishes cell phone reception. I couldn't send a text or make a call. I am not sure if everybody has this problem. Aside from that, it is a very nice hotel with friendly staff. The rooms are very chic!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We checked in at late in the night, and we we're really tired and ready to get to bed as soon as we got in. We mainly went to Atlanta for going to antique stores and looking around the smaller towns nearby. We checked in, and the woman at the front desk showed us a card reader that you stick your card in to turn on the lights and power. I thought that was really nice. So, we head up to our room and enter it to be greeted by a very nice room. I had a desk that had a privacy window which was very nice. Now, we went to Walmart right before we got to the hotel and brought some frozen foods for the trip that we thought would last us for the week. Well, we open the fridge to no freezer at all. So, we had to eat all of the food in one night, which was wonderful. The beds were very nice, they had a iPod dock on the nightstand and a nice little book light. The sleep was very nice, just as normal as other Marriott owned hotels. The bathroom setup was very interesting. First of all, the bathrooms had strange doors that slide on the walls and didnt close, you would just get the door to cover the bathroom interior. There were two rooms, one with a shower and a sink, and the other was a sink and a toilet that were rather small. We had a great view from the hotel room and had wonderful service with good breakfast. Overall, this hotel is a good hotel to stay at if you have family, business, couples, and a solo visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ryan O
Katie P, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Ryan,

At the SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway, we are determined to stand out for our hospitality, service and design elements and thank you for taking the time to comment on our uniqueness! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your comments to our entire team.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again when passing through Atlanta!

770-907-8880

Atlanta Airport Marriott
#3 of 26 in College Park
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport - South
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport

Been to SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway? Share your experiences!