“Exceptional Service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Exceptional Service”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I attended a Heritage Convention two weeks ago. My experience was everything was very organized and the staff was superb. My room was very comfortable and the temperature was just right. One of the best hotels for a large group.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a layover trip and would stay there again. Close to airport (noise was not an issue), front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast choices wee a pleasant surprise (quiche) and the hospitality were cheerful and upbeat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chadderton Lancs
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed overnight a couple of times due to a connecting flight the following morning. Room was clean, bed comfy and the breakfast was good. Plenty of choice. We found the staff were helpful and friendly and we would stay there again. Quite a bit cheaper than the Marriot across the road and for an overnight stay it was fine.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

it's clean and well furnished - also has extra pull out bed - quiet (airport noise does not affect)
BUT
service was poor - upon check-in they said "24 hour coffee!! it will be ready anytime!!" but at 530, there was non, and the guard making it said " it will be ready in a few" - minutes later he trots out the decaf.....says "caffeinated will be 10 more minutes"....no have waited almost 30 minutes....
first room i checked into had dirty sheets on the extra bed...had to switch rooms

it's very convenient and generally OK, but be aware!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Joel S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I would like to first off apologize for the issues that you experienced with our property. Room cleanliness and customer service are our top objectives, and we did not live up to our standards with your stay. I would greatly appreciate if I could follow up with you personally, please ask for myself when calling the hotel.

Hotel phone (770)907-8880
jordanstown
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Booked hotel via website and prepaid. On arrival reception small but functional. Person on reception swiped my card for the full amount of my stay and then had to correct this. However on returning home I see that the amount has been charged to my card as pending and will be removed form from my card in 14 days if charge not proceeded with.

I arrived at about 8pm on Thursday evening and there was a short queue. Once checked in I went to my room on 4th floor. The room is a reasonable size with a sitting area. The toilet and bathroom were adequate. Bed was comfortable and the TV was good size. Shower is weak!!! I like a full on shower. Bath is small, you could only sit in it and not stretch out. Walls are quite thin, I could near next doors TV and every time they flushed the toilet.

Breakfast is a self serve buffet. It can be very busy and there was not enough seating to be able to have breakfast. Only Scrambled eggs and bacon patties available as hot food.

I was meant to be booked into the Marriott across the road but that is another story. I probably am disappointed with the Springhill as I was expecting to stay across the road.

If you are OK with a functional hotel with only a few amenities this is the place for visiting the Convention Centre. Nothing else in the area at all. It was clean and served it purpose. If you like a little more comfort and more amenities stay at the Marriott for the Convention Centre.

There is nothing in the area close by but the airport, car rental lots and the convention centre- nothing!!

Would I stay here again? Well, it would not be my first choice.

Room Tip: Only tip I can offer is to get down for breakfast early and the dining area becomes crowded.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I want to reach out to you and thank you for taking time to critique our hotel. I am very sorry for the initial mistake made by the front desk, and am continuing to work with our staff to ensure that no other guests experiences the same issue. Please let us know if there is anything that we can assist you with further. Please reach me directly at the hotel if you are ever coming through the Atlanta Airport area again, as we would greatly appreciate a second try at your business.

Hotel Phone(770)907-8880
Eagan, Minnesota
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is my first experience staying at the Springhill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway as I normally stay at the Marriott located 500 feet away from the Springhill property. With a $50 a night difference in price, it was time to try the Springhill. Accessible from the airport by the Sky Train, you are only minutes away from the hotel once you land.
The front desk clerk was pleasant and explained the services offered. This includes a nice complimentary breakfast (cooked oatmeal, scrambled and boiled eggs, fresh fruit, cereal, breads, waffle maker, etc…), lobby store that sells soft drinks, beer, wine and snacks, ability to charge meals at the adjacent Marriott Gateway to your Springhill room, exercise room and more.
My room was large with a coach/setting area and desk dividing the bedroom. Small room with toilet and sink and the separate larger tub/shower with sink and plenty of counter space. Only issue is that the light in the main bath is dim and difficult to see well in the mirror. Bed was comfortable and block out shades darkened the room.
I enjoyed the free breakfast but the coffee is absolutely terrible. You can walk to the Marriott for a cup of Starbucks if you need a “good” cup of coffee.
Convenient hotel if you need an airport location that provides good service and value for your money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Joel S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thank you for your detailed review of our property. I hope that we have gained a customer in you and that we will see you again here in the Atlanta market. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can provide to you a more comforable stay and certainly look into how we can improve the items that need addressing.

Helena, Alabama
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is the second time that we have stayed at this Hotel after our trip over the Atlantic from England to the USA and I would suggest that it's also good going back.
The Hotel is situated coveniently close to the monorail that takes you to the car-rental area of the airport and we stayed there for the night and picked up the car the following morning.
We were greated by friendly staff at the front desk and they were very eager to make sure that we were happy with everything. The hotel room was very spacious clean and quite which meant that we had a peacefuls nights sleep (Not that we needed much rocking!)

In the morning we had a Buffet style breakfast and all was re-supplied with no requests to do so and all was fresh and very enjoyable and good coffee.

I will stay here again next and recommend that you do too.

Room Tip: We have satyed here twice and the roome were identicle! Very Comfortable and roomy
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daverogers2001
Joel S, Manager at SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. Our associates work very hard to make sure that our guests are taken care of, and encouraging words like these make coming to work every day more rewarding.

Also consider these accommodations in or near College Park
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#4 of 26 in College Park
Holiday Inn Atlanta-Airport - South
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millenium Center

Been to SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway? Share your experiences!