“good connection to airport”

SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in College Park
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orem, Utah
“good connection to airport”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

there is an elevated tram from the airport to the hotel and car rental..
quick and easy. cell phone connection in rooms on ground floor is poor.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank vwsjones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 24, 2011

We stayed at the SpringHill Suites Airport the night before we flew to Cancun. The rooms were plenty large, two queen beds, a sleeper sofa, and a small desk area.

The toilet is a separate room from bathroom, and the toilet room has a tiny sink. The bathroom has a jetted shower and larger vanity/sink area.

There's a mini-fridge and nice little bar area with coffee maker.

Breakfast is fine, belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, danishes, etc.

We parked a car there for the week for $25.

We just used the Skytrain to the airport. I loved this feature! Considering I recently missed one flight because I couldn't find airport parking in time, and would have missed my return flight had it not been delayed because of lack of parking......I loved this hotel.

The staff were helpful with any questions and the facility was very clean.

Anytime I fly out of Atlanta, I will always stay at the SpringHill Suites!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank BusyMe
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This visit was my second business visit to this SpringHill location. I didn't have high expectations my first time around based on other SpringHills I had visited, but this location exceeded all expectations. Upon check in, I was offered a bottle of ice cold water, and the process was easy to obtain my room, even though it was 10 am. The lobby was clean, inviting, and very modern. When I reached my room, my jaw dropped (in a good way). The room was super modern, very contemporary and bright and very quiet (surprising, since it's right next to the ATL runways). The suite setup was very nice, and I liked the "green" touch of having to use your room card to get the lights and A/C to function (they shut off when you leave your room to save energy). I loved the fact that the toilet/sink were separate from the shower and main vanity/sink area - this would have been very convenient had I been traveling with my significant other. The shower was a standing shower, no tub, although they do have tubs available in other rooms (I actually prefer a standing shower with glass door). The lighting in the bathroom was very good. The bed was very comfortable, and the flat screen TV had a good selection of channels. I most liked the fact that there was a true iPod dock/alarm clock, and the complimentary breakfast was satisfactory. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the GICC
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank volksaudinut
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Hotel is conveniently located next to free airport train which stops here before travelling to the car rental center.
Upon check in I was told the room type I reserved was not available and I was downgraded to a 1 bed room. When I asked for a credit for the difference in room rate this was rudely denied by the desk clerk.
The room itself was very clean and the housekeeping seems to do a nice job. The room felt slightly stuffy upon arrival and got progressively warmer and stuffer as the stay went on. I woke on our last night there to find the room at 80 degrees despite the thermostat being set at 67. The air conditioners are small slightly noisy units over the doorway which in our case didn't seem to keep the room adequately cool.
The toilets are extremely noisy when flushing and are they water-conserving type which plug up frequently. The maintenance man was frequently seen in the hallways carrying a plunger, and sure enough our toilet plugged the second day.
The maintenance man arrived and after several attempts at unplugging it told us we would have to relocate to another room (at 10:00pm). I asked him if I could give it a try and was able to quickly unclog the toilet.
All in all this hotel is ok for a quick overnight layover at the airport and nothing more. Too many issues which will progressively get worse as this newer hotel ages.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Travellalott
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed April 23, 2011

We stayed at the SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway two nights. We chose the hotel because we didn't want to take luggage on MARTA or have to wait for hotel shuttles. Hotel was about a two minute ride from the airport on the Skytrain, very friendly staff, very good breakfast - only place we've ever stayed with whole wheat make-your-own waffles. The rooms were very soundproof - we never heard our neighbors and the planes did not keep us awake.
But we didn't like our room. The bed was comfortable and everything was very clean, but there were no racks to put towels, no space on the vanity, not enough light in the bathroom. The toilet was in a separate room with a noisy sliding door with a large frosted glass insert, and the door was directly opposite the bed, so that if someone needed to use the bathroom during the night it was hard to avoid disturbing the other person.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarianReader
Hattiesburg, MS
Reviewed March 21, 2011

The hotel is clean and convenient, especially if you have a convention at the Georgia International Convention Center. The staff is friendly. Full breakfast is served daily. Last year when I stayed there, the hotel was new. This year, I could see the wear in just one year. I sure hope Marriott takes care of this property. Free train ride to airport even if you did not fly was good for site seeing and food. No restaurants within walking distance, but the airport is an option as well as driving a few miles up Cp Creek Pkwy, where a lot of chain restaurants are located. Red Lobster, Ruby Tuesday, Panda Express, McDonalds, Popeyes' to name a few. Also options down I85 South at Virgina Avenue approximately 2 miles. When back in the area, I will definitely stay at this location; if they do not price themselves out of my budget. The price seems to increase by about $10.00 in one year. If it goes up $10 per year, I will be able to find hotels just as nice for less money. Overall, this is a good clean place to stay. I love the suite type room concept.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank gumdrop59
Menifee, California
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Stayed here before and after a business trip to Albany. Very convenient to both the airport and rental car facility! Taking the Skytrain was a snap.

Check-in was super easy, very efficient and personable staff.

Room was clean and comfortable. Buffet breakfast was satisfying and appreciated. Only downside is the lack of a restaurant -- didn't try the evening "menu" so don't know how that works out. The hotel has a small section with snacks, drinks, microwaveable items, but it is pricey.

A "green" hotel so remember to keep your keycard in the little slot if you plan on having electricity when you want it. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta Airport Marriott
Atlanta Airport Marriott
#4 of 26 in College Park
Renaissance Atlanta Airport Gateway Hotel

Been to SpringHill Suites Atlanta Airport Gateway? Share your experiences!