“Delta Really Stuck It To Me With This”

Knights Inn Atlanta Airport South
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Delta Really Stuck It To Me With This”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I should have expected nothing less than this hole in the wall after a nightmare of a trip that Delta Stuck me with. We landed in Atlanta just after 1am, was told to catch the shuttle to the airport, just to find out the shuttle stops at midnight.

The guy at the front desk was wearing a tshirt, jeans and sneakers.....not Comfort Inn issued attire. Lobby and hallways smelled of Cigarette smoke, and the lock on the door was terrible. Dresser blocked the door just fine.

I would never knowingly bring my family to this type of area, as I'm sure the crime rate is high.

Next time I'll pay for my own room and fly another airline.......

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!!!!

Room Tip: Go Somewhere else....Anywhere....Sleep in an airport....or a ditch, likely a higher quality!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Eric L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed April 23, 2014

First let me start by stating that I am only here because of an over booked flight on Delta...That doesn't affect my review. Delta compensated us for the inconvenience. The girl at the front desk was very friendly and I don't want any of my review to go against her..she is the best thing this hotel has going for it. Now for my review of this hell hole...1: it smells likes skunk...yes, skunk..like a skunk went through the halls spitting his skunk juice everywhere 2: it feels disgustingly filthy. 3: the furniture has so much of a yuk factor that I'm considering antibiotics when I get home. 4: I found potato chip crumbs in between the sheets, and we didn't eat or bring potatoe chips in. 5: The hotel, in an effort to save money rewired the airconditioning unit to automatically shut off every couple of minutes even when the unit is not set on auto. We just stayed in a Comfort Inn in San Antonio and their equipment worked properly. 6: We bought a bag of m&m's out of the snack machine...they were melted because the snack room was so hot..melted! 7: If my previous six reasons are not enough for you to get the picture, then you deserve to stay here...come on in and welcome to hotel hell.

Room Tip: Run...don't walk...but run as fast as you can from this place!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank postal1217
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Delta stuck me in this hotel for a night due to a missed connection. On the way to the hotel, the shuttle driver regaled me with tales of the many amenities at the hotel. Upon arriving, I found a room:
-With wrinkled sheets. They didn't smell, but I couldn't be totally sure they were clean. So I slept fully clothed. I saw a man in the hall complain that the room they assigned him was not clean at all.
-An empty Coke can sitting next to the coffee pot.
-The internet did not work, on any of my devices. Luckily, I could use the internet from the fried chicken place across the street, but it turned off when the store closed.
-In the morning, the elevator had stopped working. I had to lug my heavy suitcase all the way down the stairs.
-I reported these problems to the idiot woman at the front desk, who said exactly nothing about it, and after checking me out, returned to the breakfast area to continue inhaling her McDonald's breakfast with her bestie! Isn't she supposed to be working and solving problems instead of stuffing her face?
-Probably because the desk attendant had other priorities, I did not receive my scheduled wake up call. When I got on the shuttle to the airport, my room number was not on the list despite the fact that I requested it when I checked in.
-People were fighting and yelling in the parking lot outside my room most of the night.
-The lamp and desk were falling apart.

I didn't even bother using the shower, as too many things had already gone wrong.

Based on this ridiculous travel experience, I've decided never to stay at Comfort Inn, fly Delta, or fly through ATL ever again.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all costs.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Derek P
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Generally speaking, I have had very good experiences with Comfort Inn products, but there is always an exception. We had read a review that didn't speak very well of this particular Inn but we were traveling and just needed an overnight stay, clean and quiet room with hot showers.

We arrived early evening. The check in process was quick. We were assigned room 212 on the second floor just above the lobby. The property had renovation taking place on the floor below, and based the the condition of room 212, the property needed it.

Room 212 was not well maintained. The wall mounted air/heat unit was filthy inside the louvered blower. We hated to turn on the heat for blowing the dust and dirt into the room. The inside of the wood bathroom door was badly damaged. To top things off, there was NO hot water.

We were up early to leave and still NO hot water. Very disappointing. At the check out counter, we were told the hot water heater had been out all night and supposedly being worked on. I asked for a discount but the clerk, who was very friendly and nice, said the manager (who was not in the hotel) was the only one who could make an adjustment.

Over the next several weeks, the manager for this property did not provide guest centered service or concern. He was not responsive to my calls or emails which detailed my issue.

My recommendation, is to look for somewhere else to stay if you can. We would not return here. Unfortunately, an experience like this one also downgrades our view of using any Comfort Inn property.

We have been traveling the US and Southeast Asia for a year staying hundreds of nights in motels/hotels and this was the most unpleasant hotel experience we have encountered.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 2MTC
Rosharon, Texas
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The hotel is at a convenient location as its in close proximity to the Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport. I was picked up after my flight from their hotel shuttle service and quickly arrived to the hotel. From the outside, the hotel is a very well kept property and looked newly built. Upon entering, I received personalized attention from the moment I walked in. The hotel has an amazing ambiance with a feeling of luxury. The decor has charm and is in very good taste. The staff was exception, courteous and very friendly. Being that its not a large hotel, you do not feel like you are in one of those big convention style hotels providing a sense of feeling at home. Rooms are quite big and spacious. The beds and linens were both clean and comfortable. The indoor pool area is also very nice with an awesome fitness center. Through it all, I felt pampered at every turn during my week stay. I can't wait to stay here again for next my business trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KPATL1
Comfort-GA321, Manager at Knights Inn Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you, for your feedback as me and my staff work hard to make you feel at easse knowing that your satidfaction is important to us.
Howell, New Jersey
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Overall this property was fairly well maintained and offered all the normal amenities. The staff was very friendly and efficient. There are a number of restaurants around the area. I would note that my GPS didn't pick up anything beyond 3 miles but a brochure in the lobby listed all the possibilities around the entire airport complex.

The breakfast was a bit below what Choice hotels usually provide. There weren't any hard boiled eggs and the eggs in the hot breakfast were very unappealing. The biggest issue here is the park and ride for the airport.

It seems that the hotels proximal to the airport allow their guests to leave cars and take the shuttle to the airport. This means that the number of spaces is compromised. The parking lot here is small to begin with, it appears there are barely enough spaces for the number of available rooms. Add to that dozens of cars that sit without room occupancy and you end up leaving cars in fire zones, walkways or anywhere you can. They seem to be OK with the difficulty of parking a car, but it is a real problem.

They were also doing some renovating in the lobby and pool area, so I didn't get to sample the pool. I would come back here again, but I try not to use the Atlanta airport as it is one of the worst I have been in during my travels.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank starjim
Comfort-GA321, Manager at Knights Inn Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thanks for the feedback on the parking, we are currently shifting out the park and fly to one of our larger properties with a large area for parking. Hopefully this will not be an issue your next visit. Thanks for coming and enjoying our property as we make strides on making it the place to be.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed December 16, 2013

This was a horrible experience!! I booked online for the park and ride using the shuttle to the airport for an early flight. Their was no parking spaces at the hotel at all, people were parked along yellow curbing everywhere (Thanksgiving day) so the desk clerk told me to park in the vacant restaurant parking lot behind the hotel- said it was part of their lot too. I saw no gate and asked if they had security which he said they did and they do but IT DIDN'T HELP THE BREAKIN INTO MY CAR IN THE NON LIGHTED PARKING LOT!!! SO UNSAFE AND AS A FEMALE TRAVELER DO NOT USE THEM. The desk had my contact information and car identified so they could have informed me if they wanted or if security was doing their job! I asked for the GM's business card at the front desk they didn't have any, asked him to call me the next day left my number- he didn't.... and have yet to hear anything 2 weeks later.... Got an untrained new desk associate who didn't know how to handle the situation at all or how long it would take for the police to show up for filing a report.... this was late-10:30 when I flew back in and needed to still drive 3 more hours home... what a waste of trying to save on airport parking. The shuttle driver was rude- dropped me off at front door so I had to walk in the dark back around to the other parking lot again- unlit. Shuttle driver didn't get out at the airport pick up, was snappy asked "did I call the hotel for a pick up" when I approached for loading.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo