“Can't get the story straight on rates”

Knights Inn Atlanta Airport South
Ranked #24 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Atlanta, Georgia
“Can't get the story straight on rates”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

We went to this hotel planning to stay two nights after finding a voucher to stay for $59.90. When we went to book we were told that we could only use the voucher for one night and that if we wanted to stay another we would have to pay the higher rate or we could go find another coupon. With two kids in the car driving around after already driving up from Savanna trying to find another coupon was not an option and on principle I refused to pay the higher rate. Then the "high speed" Internet offered was slower than the dial up I used years ago...it was a joke. When we went to check out we told the person on the front desk that if you can't use the coupon for more than one night it should be stated on the coupon, she said that we could have that rate and what the first person said was wrong. By that point we were packed up and in the car so didn't stay another night. Also surrounding area didn't seem that safe.

Room Tip: Room 102 had very poor wifi
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tracjace
Comfort-GA321, General Manager at Knights Inn Atlanta Airport South, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
We would like to apologize for the miscommunication regarding our rates and coupons. We try to accommodate all guests as best we can.

The hotels is under new ownership and management and great new things are in store for the hotel and our guests.

The hotel is going through a new renovation soon. We hope you will re-consider our hotel for any future stay you have here in Atlanta.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

my internet wasnt working they upgraded me to a better room. his is my fourth time at that location. great customer service. i would recommend to a friend. the room was clean they also made sure i was up and on time for my flight back to new york.

Room Tip: suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
We are glad your stay was great. Sure hope you enjoyed your room upgrade. The internet issue has been resolved as well. We hope you will stay with us on your next trip to Atlanta.
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My friends and I were in town initially for 4 nights but we checked out after 2 nights because she was bit horribly by bed bugs. We called down to the front desk and it took an hour for someone to get back to us. We even took the pillow down to the front desk to show them the 2 that we found! About 4 House Keepers, House Man and 1 Front Desk employee informed us that they already told their GM about RM304 having bed bugs and nothing has been done. They made us checked out because they were sold out for the weekend, didn't try to help us find another room or nothing! Days later and I have YET to here from the GM. And their manager on duty has HORRIBLE people skills! She told us that she wouldn't cahrge us for the stay but we had to pay for this bed bug filled room! I will NEVER stay here again and if they rent you that room I suggest you RUN!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Kingsport, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family and I were in town for two nights the weekend of August 31st and September 1st. Customer Service, especially the Front Desk Manager left something to be desired. She was very unprofessional in her actions and itneraction with customers. The hotel was overbooked, which was not necessarily her fault, but the way she handled the complaints was very unprofessional.
The hotel itself was ok, nothing to write home about, but there are worse. The air conditioning in the room was poor to say the least. I notified the front desk manager of the problem. She seemed to insunate that it must be my fault. She also said she would get their maintenance person to check the unit out, which never happened. With the number of hotel choices available in the Atalanta area, I will never stay at this hotel again.
The hi-lite of the stay was the shuttle driver. He seemed to go out of his way to provide excellent service to his customers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Barnesville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here and it was a very pleasant stay. We would definitely come back.
The clerk was very pleasant and helpful. We rented a suite and loved the space, We would recommend this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Weston, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Being a lone, young woman on business, the staff and the ambiance of a hotel makes a huge difference in my choice of hotels. To begin with, the front desk told me to call them when I landed so that I could know how long it would be before the shuttle arrives back at the airport. By the time I walked out of the terminal, the shuttle was there waiting for me. The driver was courteous and helpful. After three days, I had to leave hastily and accidently left my new, expensive prescription glasses on the nightstand. When I called the front desk, the gentleman quickly went to the room and found my glasses. I arranged to have FedEx pick them up the next day, but due to a glich in the FedEx system, they didn't. The next day, one of the other front desk employees that had prepared the package, noticed that it had not been picked up. Knowing that FedEx has limited service on Saturday, the first front desk employee drove to a FedEx office and dropped off the package. Good, friendly people equals GREAT customer serive!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

This hotel should not be a Choice propty but should be called a (DIVE) by the airport!!! It took over an hour for pick, not because I didnt call them to let them know i was their they just found something else to do; so i end up haveing to pay I mean tip the driver who was gothe hotel going to hotel across the street. After entering the lobby I was greeted with a strong smell WEED , I told the young lady who was working the fornt desk that the front lobby stinks of WEED? She said OOOOOO ok . I guess smoke free doesnt count unless its tabcoo everthing else is free game hear.
When my wife and I got to our room their was a big cigar burn on the comforter, the bathroom was nasty paint peeling of the walls ,tub stained, carpet torn lumpy and also stained. It was so nasty my wife and I slept in the same clothes in what we came in . If time was on are side that night i would have demaned my money back and would have called the police . The time was 11:30 pm and my flight left at 6am . Please if you have taken the time toread this do one more thing DON'T STAY their ssave your money and go some were else!!!! Again PLEASE.....

Room Tip: Cheaper is not always better,find the time to plan for you'r stay .
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple