“Excellent stay”

Knights Inn Atlanta Airport South
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here and it was a very pleasant stay. We would definitely come back.
The clerk was very pleasant and helpful. We rented a suite and loved the space, We would recommend this hotel to our friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Being a lone, young woman on business, the staff and the ambiance of a hotel makes a huge difference in my choice of hotels. To begin with, the front desk told me to call them when I landed so that I could know how long it would be before the shuttle arrives back at the airport. By the time I walked out of the terminal, the shuttle was there waiting for me. The driver was courteous and helpful. After three days, I had to leave hastily and accidently left my new, expensive prescription glasses on the nightstand. When I called the front desk, the gentleman quickly went to the room and found my glasses. I arranged to have FedEx pick them up the next day, but due to a glich in the FedEx system, they didn't. The next day, one of the other front desk employees that had prepared the package, noticed that it had not been picked up. Knowing that FedEx has limited service on Saturday, the first front desk employee drove to a FedEx office and dropped off the package. Good, friendly people equals GREAT customer serive!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This hotel should not be a Choice propty but should be called a (DIVE) by the airport!!! It took over an hour for pick, not because I didnt call them to let them know i was their they just found something else to do; so i end up haveing to pay I mean tip the driver who was gothe hotel going to hotel across the street. After entering the lobby I was greeted with a strong smell WEED , I told the young lady who was working the fornt desk that the front lobby stinks of WEED? She said OOOOOO ok . I guess smoke free doesnt count unless its tabcoo everthing else is free game hear.
When my wife and I got to our room their was a big cigar burn on the comforter, the bathroom was nasty paint peeling of the walls ,tub stained, carpet torn lumpy and also stained. It was so nasty my wife and I slept in the same clothes in what we came in . If time was on are side that night i would have demaned my money back and would have called the police . The time was 11:30 pm and my flight left at 6am . Please if you have taken the time toread this do one more thing DON'T STAY their ssave your money and go some were else!!!! Again PLEASE.....

Room Tip: Cheaper is not always better,find the time to plan for you'r stay .
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank larry e
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend. Came to Atlanta on business for work. Shuttle driver was nice, came and got me from the airport and took me straight to the hotel. That was a nice feature not to have to pay for additional transporation. I noticed alot of people in the hotel lobby when I checked in, looked to be a good sign if people are still staying here after the issues people have written about on this site. Price for the room was fair. Room was spacious and smelled good. AC seemed to not blow as cold as I would have liked and the furniture needs a good bit of updating. Came down for breakfast Sunday about 8:45 or so and the breakfast room was packed. Room is a little small so I just grabbed some danishes and coffee. Only foreseeable problem is the location of the hotel, seems to be in an area where some illegal activity might be taking place. But I dont hold that against the hotel or the staff. I personally had no issues with the staff. Overall I had a good stay here.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room prior to actually paying for the room if you want to be on the safe side.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank John K
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Where to begin...i believe if you have read the other reviews before mine, well that sums it up!! They have TERRIBLE customer service and seemed many of the employees had no idea what to do when a guest needed something as small as towels. Breakfast was to end at 10am on weekends when i went down at 9am everything was pretty much gone then had an employee tell me "well. it is 9am so breakfast is over" i told him "well that's not what your sign and the young lady at the desk told me when i checked in yesterday" but he still tried to argue me down that i was wrong. So another employee came over to try to find things to put out and mentioned she thinks the lady that does breakfast may have quit that morning, well well well!!!

Then they took the old towels and said they would bring up new ones...we left twice and still no new towels we had to call for more AND go down to pick them up ourselves!!!

The list goes on and on and on with this hotel. If you have the money just go to another hotel

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Sadly, my husband and I have witnessed the decline of this hotel in the last few years, more rapidly our stay in March and this last stay in mid-July. (We come to Atlanta on business twice a year.) We had already decided this was going to be our last stay here and when we drove up and talked to a couple waiting on the police to arrive to write up a report for having their car window broken into, that did it for us. Not only was THEIR window broken, a car parked next to them had a black garbage bag over their broken window and there was broken glass in the parking spot we parked in!

We probably should have left at this point but didn't. When I checked in, the clerk said she didn't know if they had a room available for us or not (I had reserved a room weeks before, never had this problem before). Instead of consulting the computer, she physically left, went up the elevator and checked to see if the room was empty or not (?).

This could be nitpicky but all of the pillows on the bed (about 5 of them) had been bunched up to about half of their size, what was that about, that was freaky! Another nitpick was there was only 1 bar of soap instead of 2 (one for sink, one for tub). I only mention these because this had never been a problem before.

During the night, at least 3 different times a group of people were talking loud and making lots of noise in the hallway, interrupting our sleep. Again, had never had this problem before.

Lastly, we went down to breakfast at 8am, a full hour before they closed it at 9am and most of the food was gone, always before the lady on duty in the food area kept everything stocked.

That pretty much did it for us, we went back to our room, packed up and checked out, even though we were suppose to stay another night.

I have looked at other hotel reviews in this same area and it seems like they are having or starting to have this same problem, locals staying in the hotels, cars being broken in, bad service. So starting next year, we will be staying in a different area altogether. So sad.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel, there were children banging on the windows from the 3rd floor. Maybe they were trying to warn us about how horrible the hotel was lol. My friend and I began stepping into the elevator and it almost crushed us, maybe an indicator that the sensor is broken or something.

We entered the hotel and it had trash from the previous tenants in the trashcan. The room had an odor and overall, it was generally outdated and in need of thorough cleaning. The staff only placed two towels for our party of 4 in the bathroom. We requested more towels and were ignored.

The parking lot had four cars with garbage bags covering a window because of break ins. I asked the staff about it and they acted as if I asked them to square Pi. The guy I asked (evening shift) told me he didn't know anything about it. Afterward, I asked for cups, he pointed to the kitchen. The cups were not out, I had to search through the cabinets to find the cups.

Shortly after the cup incident, we witnessed a lady walking across the parking lot with her bags (at night) saying that she couldn't stay there anymore. We walked back down to the front desk and asked for sheets, the man behind the counter told us that there were sheets already in the pull out bed (which they were not), he gave us a set of sheets minus the comforter. Luckily, the other people in the room gave us the comforter off the other bed.

The pool was a joke. The breakfast area is a joke. The staff is loud, lazy, rude and unhelpful. It was also unnerving to see SWAT officers walking around in full gear through the area. I wasn't expecting the best mattress but the mattress on the pullout was rough and smelly.

Checkout was at 12pm and housekeeping came by and beat on everyone's doors and opening them while yelling, "Y'all gon' leave or y'all gon' stay?!" This happened at 10:00am and 11:20am. Our party overheard the staff say, "Who gon' help me get them 'baps' out of here?". They also threw around 'motherf*****' a lot and mentioned their dislike for the 'gay n*****' (their words) down the hall. We finally left only to see the hotel van being rigged to work.

I would not recommend this place to anyone, ever.

• Stayed: July 2012