“Great Stay Near Airport”

Quality Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport South
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in College Park
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We weren't sure what to expect but were pleasantly surprised. Our room was large, clean and the bed and bedding were great. We wanted to eat dinner after checking in and had been warned by others on TA that the area wasn't the safest. There really wasn't anything close by anyway. The receptionist told us to go to Camp Creek Road and we would find restaurants which we did. We ate at a Ruby Tuesday but I think there was a steakhouse chain and a few other places there. We had a very early flight but the shuttle was ready at 5 a.m. and the breakfast was ready when we came down at 4:45 a.m. and was plentiful. The usual hotel breakfast. Would definitely recommend a stay here when getting an early flight out.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank petsitter

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My brother, son and my self spent 2 nights in this hotel while we were in town for a football game.
First of all, we were greeted by the desk clerks that was more than willing to help us with our registration. 1 clerk was eager to show us where the local restaurants were and advised us to use the shuttle bus provided by Quality Inn. The room was very nice and clean with fresh smell and a flat screen TV with nearly new quality crafted furniture. The beds were comfortable, I especially noticed that the linens looked new, We will be back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Shane W
Reviewed August 6, 2012

While traveling on a southern tour with my family, upon checking in my husband was adressed rudely by the check in clerk who rudely asked my husband "what you want" after explaining we were checking in his hospitality remained the same. After returning from downtown Atlanta the hotel doors were locked and we could not get in until a hotel employee opened the doors. The next morning while getting breakfast the staff hovered over our shoulders watching every piece of food we took. At 9am sharp they began taking the food and putting it away. An airline pilot and stuardest attemted to get some coffe and fruit and were yelled at and told that it was 9:02 and breakfast was over. At 11:00 am the front desk staff started calling our room to tell us that it was check out time or to bring our credit card to extend our stay.

Room Tip: DON'T EVER STAY HERE UNLESS IT' S FREE! This property is owned by Indians who speak no Engli...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Joanne M
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Very nice place inside for a cheaper hotel. The carpet is new and clean. Here are some features: granite counters and shower wall, flat screen tv, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, breakfast, and nice bedding.

• Stayed: June 2011
7  Thank Waterlilyrose
Reviewed April 13, 2012

For some reason I can't explain, this hotel is rated as 4 out of 5 by every one of the reviewers who have left comments, yet at the time I write this posting (April 2012) it is ranked lower than other hotels with lower ratings and more negative comments. It's definitely a better hotel than the ranking would suggest!

This hotel is an excellent choice for an overnight stop between flights at the Atlanta airport, or to stay near the airport before an early departure or after a late arrival. It is clean and comfortable. The location is quite close to the airport (as opposed to some other hotels which call themselves "airport" yet are 10 to 15 minutes farther away) and the shuttle runs frequently.

The management team is very attentive. For example, the wireless connection in my room didn't work well so I went to use the public computer in the hallway on the first floor. I found a wired connection there and so was able to get excellent access. The manager walked by and asked me why I was using my laptop there. When I told him that the wireless speed in the room was poor, he said that the router must be down so he went to reset it. A few minutes later he came back to say that there was indeed a problem which had now been fixed. I was just about done with the things I needed to do, so I didn't test the wireless connection, but I have every confidence that the wireless did work properly once it had been reset.

The rooms are all very clean and in good-to-excellent condition. The decor is pleasant but not trendy. In fact, we don't like some of the modern artwork which some hotels choose. The rooms include microwaves and refrigerators, as well as coffee makers.

The buffet breakfast was certainly above average, including a variety of fresh fruit and pastries (not packaged donuts) as well as waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, and a selection of cereal.

We felt safe and secure in the hotel, but I'm not sure if I would want to walk to a nearby restaurant. We don't know the area well so we decided to have dinner in the airport after we arrived before getting the shuttle to the hotel. There are several restaurants which deliver to the hotel too.

We will definitely consider this hotel again when we need to be near the Atlanta airport.

Room Tip: If the wireless internet isn't working, ask the manager to reset the router.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank T_the_TA
Reviewed March 30, 2012

This hotel was very nice to Stay in. Very Very Clean after having a terrible experience with the first hotel I had reserved. Staff is very friendly and the Shuttle Driver was very helpful and pleasant. I would stay again. Made the getaway great, when my friend and I thought would weren't going to enjoy. Cleanliness and being comfortable makes everything better. But would reccommend you book early because it does fill up and we were lucky to get the last room for the number of night were in town...:-)

Room Tip: Book early or soon as possible
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank linda w
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Had a A very pleasent stay; good location and very nice staff. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Talk to owner/manager they're always around.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family