“Check your bill carefully !!”

Maryculter House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Maryculter
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed here on business for a meeting for two days. I only had one evening meal and two lunches to eat. The food was quite agreeable and the breakfast was sufficient. The place is a little dated in some rooms and could really do with upgrading after speaking with other collegues who also stayed. The staff polite and friendly. However upon checking out, my eyebrows were raised when it came to the bill. Several items where placed that I did not sign for on my bill. Upon questioning the matter these items where immediately crossed off. Which leaves me to think "One was thrown across my bow". A couple of other collegues also disputed there final bill! Maybe a genuine mistake but I was not shown the receipt which I had signed for at the time of buying drinks etc! I intend to pay for items immediately when purchasing anything next time here.

1  Thank Jimmy54southcave
MCHHGenMan, Director of Sales at Maryculter House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Jimmy54southcave
Thank you for your review. I was disappointed to hear that you had to question your bill when checking out, I must apologise for this. Your feedback is important to us and used as one of our tools for training to try and continuously improve our guest experience. I do hope you will return and enjoy another stay with us. Thank you again

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Most rooms here are good and quite cosy. Not a great place to explore aberdeen city as no bus but good if you have car. Stay longer than a few nights and the menu becomes bit tiresome however. All in all a good place, imagine be nice for weddings etc

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for 2 nights whilst attending a career fare held in Aberdeen. The hotel was clean & comfortable & the staff very friendly & accomodating. We stayed in room 108 which was well equiped with tea & coffee making facilities along with toiletries in the large bathroom. We ate in the restaurant on the first evening which was pleasant but slightly pricey & all the staff were attentive & friendly. The breakfast was well organised with a good selection of fruit, continental, cereal, porridge made to order, & a cooked buffet food which was hot & readily available. Lovely quiet location in the country, approximately 30 minute drive into the city. No complaints but some of the decoration was looking a little tired & need of some tlc. Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We spend a most enjoyable evening & overnight stay last-night (25.10.13) Myself & 20 other women were there to celebrate a friends Hen Night, we combined our Hen Night with A Murder Mystery Evening....a great time was had by all :) Meal was excellent, staff were very attentive, room was clean & comfy. :)

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I'm a regular and established patron of the Maryculter House. The hotel has undergone a range of changes over the past 7 years or so. The new wing is well apointed and equipped with "wet rooms" - which I must admit I'm not a big fan of. If you like hill walking and yearn for that good post walk hot bath tub soak then be certain to request a room with a bath tub. The rooms in the main (original) body of the hotel range in lay out and style. Several, if not the majority, have now been refurbished - so I was somewhat puzzled by 2 recent (October) reports regarding room condition. Clearly you chaps were unlucky with your room assignments. I would not hesitate in my recommendation of a business or vacation stay at this hotel - a great, peaceful and pictureque location on the River Dee.

Room Tip: Some ground floor rooms in new wing have direct patio access to bank of River Dee.
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Just spent 2 nights in this hotel, I was gonna give it 3* but the 2nd night was worse. The floor looked like it hasn't been hoovered, there was hair still in the bath and stains on the bedding, the curtains were also worn - I'd be embarrassed if I had guests staying and mine were like it, and the teaspoons hasn't been changed eww!! I stayed on the ground floor, I suggest asking for a room upstairs it if you decide to stay, as I heard every footstep of the guests above - at 2am = not fun. I also had a fire door next to my room which wasn't quiet and again the squeaky floors made it feel like the door may as well not of been there. Only stay here if you are desperate!!!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Nothing special. Strange smell in the hall way immediately outside and in my room; get the Fabreeze out it's not hard?

Food was ok.

I was there for business. I'd feel a little disappointed if I'd booked for a weekend break.

1  Thank Highlander1967
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryculter
Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa
The Marcliffe Hotel and Spa
Douneside House
Douneside House
#1 of 2 in Aboyne

Been to Maryculter House Hotel? Share your experiences!