“Worst hotel experience”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed May 22, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
knightsinncleveland, Webmaster at Knights Inn Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2015

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Rooms all smelled horrible, gross insects everywhere inside the rooms, story's of property being rummaged through by staff. I had a millipede in my shower. the room above me had a cig in the toilet when they walked in. tube tv was got no reception or channels to choose from.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. I’m terribly sorry we failed you. There is no excuse for providing a poor experience. You’ll be pleased to know that we’ve changed the hotel in many ways since your stay. If you give us another chance in the future, you’ll find a better experience than ever before at an affordable price -- and you will be most welcome.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed a wonderful night in Cleveland, ga - loved the people and the town. Very limited options for accomodation. Plus for days inn was location, central and relatively clean. Negative was very old, bed was lumpy and towels,sheets paper thin. Staff very friendly and helpful. They could not direct me to a laundromat though and a drug store did and was a massive laundromat close by - they should have known and or found out. Hey it was an ok stay for a quick 1 night but very basic but ok.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m pleased you had a good experience with us although I regret that we couldn’t completely satisfy you. We take real pride in our hotel, and I apologize if we let you down in any ways. We want you to have the best possible experience here, and we’re working toward complete satisfaction of all guests.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We were working at the Bear on the Square Festival in Dahlonega, GA and unfortunately waited too late to book a room in the area. This was the cheapest and closest hotel.

We paid $80/night plus a $20/night pet fee for our 23lb Australian labradoodle (who was the cleanest thing in the room!!!)

Everything was gross. The sheets and towels were washed but it was obvious the blankets and shower were not. Multiple stains on carpet, walls, ceiling. Lamp looked like it had caught on fire at some point. Floor lamp only had 1 bulb so room was dark.

Luckily we found an open room at the Hikers Inn for Sunday night, so we only had to stay 2 nights.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank elizabeth w

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments and for staying two nights with us. I’m sorry we let you down. Since your review, we’ve changed, refreshed and improved the hotel in many ways, and if you give us another chance you’ll find a better experience than before. We’ll be here for you if you choose to give us another chance.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The management at this motel is horrible! Very rude! I would sleep in my car before I ever stayed at this hotel again! I was staying there for a week, I asked to switch rooms because the air conditioner in my room was blowing out hot air. They gave me a new room, but then preceded to bang on my door at 7 am with a do not disturb sign ( I have 2 small children) the owner wanted to no why I wanted to switch rooms because the air was working fine now. His wife dug throught the trash that was left outside the door and had cigarette butts lined up on the desk and tried to scold me like I was a child about smoking in the room first of all if I had wanted a smoking room I would have asked for one I don't smoke in closed off spaces with my kids! I was being polite by throwing them in the trash rather than littering the sidewalk!!!! Just rude!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Meg1989

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m pleased to tell you that we’ve improved every aspect of this hotel in recent months, including the staffing. When you return in the future, you’ll find a better experience than ever before. I apologize for the lapses of the past and can tell you that we’re on the pathway toward a bright future.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Days Inn is the only motel in Cleveland, which is about 15 minutes south of Helen, a major tourist town best known for its Germanic architecture and October Fest. The motel is adequate. The room was clean and the bed comfortable (Rm. 107). The ceiling has apparently had water damage and been patched and, rather than redoing the entire ceiling, there are smooth islands among the spackling. The heater is difficult to adjust and maintain at an even temperature so you may awake in the middle of the night either freezing or sweating. A continental breakfast is offered in a miniscule corner of the small lobby. It appears that only OJ, cereal, and coffee are available. We ate elsewhere. Watch out when the faucet is turned on hot; the water is quickly scalding both in the sink and bath. The toilet is about the lowest available, uncomfortable for anyone over 5'5" (160 cm). Amenities are limited; there was no shower cap, although there is shampoo. We would stay here again if necessary, but only if.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleveland
Jameson Inn
Jameson Inn
#17 of 19 in Helen
Baymont Inn & Suites Helen
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen
Quality Inn Alpine Helen
Holiday Inn Express Helen
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center

Been to Knights Inn Cleveland? Share your experiences!