“Helen, GA Trip_2011”

Knights Inn Cleveland
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We only stayed one night - ROOM was huge and clean, but it could be updated - BEDS were horrible - they were really low to the ground and we felt some springs in them. SHOWER/BATHROOM was clean - but small - BREAKFAST - we did not utilize this service.

HOWEVER - we were supposed to stay in Helen, but acommodations did not work out as planned - so we were able to rent this room at 10:00 p.m. with no problem - FRONT STAFF - very nice and friendly even that late at night.

Would recommend if you're in a bind and need a room.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 22, 2011

I didn't not find the room to be dirty upon entering. I did wonder why the alarm clock was on the ac unit and not on the night stand but I found that out later. The bathroom needed work, there was hole in the wall patched with toilet paper and the tub needed to be cleaned with bleach. I liked the fact that the room had a fridge and microwave but I did not like the fact that I had to carry the microwave to the sink to plug it in. The lobby did smell and it was very hard to get service even after ringing the bell. The day of check out, I had to give the key to the cleaning staff as there was no one in the lobby. The pool area was nice.
Things to do, we visited Babyland General, Anna Ruby Falls, Goats on the roof, Crissom Gold mine, and Chestatee Wildlife Preserve.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DustinMargaret
Reviewed August 1, 2011

The good stuff... the staff was friendly and brought an extra pillow to the room when we stopped by the front desk and asked and provided extra creamer for the in room coffee pot! The bad stuff...the room was not clean. It had obviously not been vacuumed as there were pieces of trash in the floor. There was a two inch ring of dust and dirt around the periphery of the room where the vacuum did not reach and no one used an attachment to clean it. There was mildew on the shower walls and the faucet in the shower and the water drain were dirty. The towels were dingy. The television was fuzzy and had limited channels that you could even watch. The beds were lumpy. The front office smelled terrible. There were gnats flying around the orange juice dispenser. Breakfast was ridiculous...there were pre-packaged honey buns, the orange juice was out. The only good thing about the breakfast was the coffee. The room had a coffee pot but when you used the prepackaged coffee in the room it looked like weak tea. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank franksbride13
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My God in Heaven. I can't believe this place is in the US, because it seems like someplace you would find in the slums of an African city.
First the good.
1. They were open.

Now the bad.
1. No bugs outside at the "pool" because they were in the rooms (we had two rooms).
2. The rooms were disgusting, but we were desperate.
3. Coffee maker didn't work, no adjustment on the air conditioner, volume button broken on one TV remote. Thin walls, I won't go into details about that.

I would drive down to Atlanta before I would stay in this spider hole again. I would suggest that Days Inn Corporate make a surprise visit, but I doubt this place is on their radar.

In short, sleep in your car or do something to get arrested, either way, you will have a better night.

• Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank Ironcandle
Reviewed June 13, 2011

the only availalbe non smoking room had a broken a/c unit. the desk clerk gave my husband the pass card and said he could go try to kick the plug and wiggle it around and maybe he could get it working. he could not. we got a smoking room.

when i went to wash my hands the sink would not drain because the stopper did not work. i had to pry the stopper up and it just came all of the way out.

the carpet was sticky. the towel off color. the stairwell was cluttered with old furniture, a ladder, some sort of vending machines, trash, and all sort of broken down nasty looking items which we had to navagate around to get up the stairs.

all this and the charge for the night was over $100. since it is the only hotel in town we had no choice but to stay. if i was not disabled i would have tried to sleep in the car instead.

the next morning when we left there was no one available at the desk. no one came when we rang the bell. we could not wait just to complain to someone so we left.

i have been around the world and slept in some pretty nasty places but this one is definately one of the worst!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank neko6443
Reviewed May 15, 2011

My wife and I reserved a room to attend a wedding at Kellum Farm. Upon arriving the check in breakfast area smelled strongly of curry (You wouldn't consider dining in this area). Our first room reached of "orange" cleanser which had obviously been recently used to clean up an overflowed toilette. The floor at the vanity was soaking wet with a strong sewage odor breaking thru the awful cleanser smell. Fliies buzzed around the bathroom. The 2nd room had a loud buzzing refrigerator, a constantly dripping shower, a constantly running toilette, and an inch of water on the bathroom flloor. The towels had dried blood on them. The bathroom floor had unidentifiable stains eclipsed by the water stains on the ceiling. Someone needs to contact the White County Health Dept. About this dump!!! BE WARNED

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bexleyka
Reviewed April 29, 2011

The good: Breakfast was ok, cereal, bananas, muffins and decent coffee. The bed must be ok since I slept well. Micro & refrig in all rooms.
The notso good: TV was fuzzy(must be in all rooms, the lobby TV looked the same), the shower had little pressure. The lobby smells like curry(no joke). These are older rooms in an older hotel. I'm not sure they have enough business to justify a lot of improvements.

This is about the only game in town. If Cleveland was any bigger and had a need for better accomodations, I'm sure someone would build it. I wouldn't pay over sixty-five to stay here and I sure wouldn't stay here during Octoberfest and expect great things at great prices. We had a short business trip so we didn't put up with it too long. However, it wasn't as awful as I had read, just below average for a Days Inn.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank damax
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cleveland
Jameson Inn
Jameson Inn
#17 of 19 in Helen
Baymont Inn & Suites Helen
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen
Quality Inn Alpine Helen
Holiday Inn Express Helen
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center

Been to Knights Inn Cleveland? Share your experiences!